Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 9th April 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mikael said:
003800x747.jpg

Top class shave and I´m now Mr very, very clean :D brush never was funky, but it´s only getting better and better, thanks Bill!

Glad the brush is improving with age Mikael, :)
I couldn't help notice your razor a couple of days ago, and today's, are they fitted with horn scales?
They're quite beautiful so much so that regrettably I'm now thinking about dipping a toe into the mystical pool of Straights :shock:
Great photography as always!
regards, beejay

Tuesday 12th April

Martin de Candre Savon à Raser - Semogue 2010 Custom Boar - Gillette NEW #88 - Gillette Bleue (1) - Speick AS

For some reason my hand deemed it fit to bounce the razor of my chin so I ended up with a weeper there, but apart from that all good.

Tuesday:

EJ de87
Treet Platinum
Palmolive cream
Simpson Case pure
Bulldog asb

Cranked up Funkadelic's 'Standing On The Verge of Getting It On' to funkify this morning's ritual. The EJ + Treet is a mighty smooth combo. An outstanding shave :D

Jos

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
Schick M type adjustable injector/Personna Super Stainless
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
vintage Hai Karate 'Oriental Spice' AS (used as cologne)

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• Ha Karate Oriental.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 14
Tuesday

Bath

Cold water shave
Feather AS-D1
Gillette Sharp Edge Yellow (2)
Semogue 1305
Musgo Real
WTG - XTG - XTG + touch ups
Superdrug WH
Trumper Spanish Leather AS
Trumper Spanish Leather Cologne

Not a nice shave :cry: Plenty of irritation around the sides of my chin. Still feeling it now a good half hour later. I know I've changed quite a few ingredients in today's shave but can only really blame myself as I rushed the shave for no particular reason.

Tuesday, 04-11-11. MUSIC: The Cure_Galore - The singles 1987-1997.

images

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Morris & Forndran Two Bands - Merkur 39C Slant Barberpole - Israeli Personna (IP) #2 - Pre Myrsol Emulsión - Morris & Forndran Sandalwood shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB JASÖN 6 in 1 - ASL Pinaud Clubman Vanilla.

Afeitado11-04-11.jpg

Tuesday

'40s Superspeed & Super-Max : Tabac shaving cream and Edwin Jagger Sandalwood shaving cream w/ Omega 31064 : Eveline Musk after shave : L'Oreal MenExpert balm : YSL Kouros (old formulation)

First pass was with the Tabac, second with the EJ cream, and what a difference... The EJ performed much better. A very nice shave indeed.

After a busy day in the garden, digging the veggie plot, cutting the grass, breaking up the trampoline and a trip to the dump.

Shower

Blighty's Coffee Creme
Simpsons Milk Churn
Voskhod (2)
Gillette Tech Ball End
Maca Root Face Protector
4711 Ice

Lovely shave again from the Voskhod blade. 4711 Ice stings a bit though, but a nice fresh smell.

MWF Hand soap,
GFT Lime SS,
Simpson Duke 3,
Dovo 5/8,
Razorock Alum,
GFT Lime SF,
Davidoff Cool Water EdT.

SOTDApril12th2011.jpg

Not at home and forgot my strop so I had to resort to the local newspaper! :(

Very surprised but the smoothest shave ever! :D

Tuesday

Gillette old-type ball-end clone
Shaving Shack Israeli
Henk's Bay Rum with a Twist cream
Simpsons Commodore X1
Body Shop Arber AS Balm
Body Shop Arber EDT

Tuesday

White proraso pre/post
Sem LE 09 boar
Formula 31 lime
EJ mastiff + 7oclock yellow (1)
Thayers
Proraso ASB

result: 3 passes, very smooth, no irritation.

Having used nothing but NF brushes for ages now, I thought I would try a boar again. Surprisingly very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom