Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 9th April 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kept it simple tonight:-

Hot shower.

Music:- Spinal Tap.

Soap:- MWF

Razor:- Goodfella Satin Black, Gillette 7 O'clock (3)

1x WTG, 1x XTG.

Alum block, then Aloe Vera gel.

Getting used to the Goodfella, the "sweet spot" angle seems quite narrow but it has given me a very close, smooth and comfortable shave. Even if you don't get the angle right it does not punish you, I had no nicks or razor burn at all. :D

Wednesday, 13.Abr.2011

Prebarba Proraso
Semogue 2000
Geo F. Trumpers Coconut
Edwin Jagger DE86
Bolzano Superinox
Thayers Witch Hazel Lavender
Real Shaving Co. Soothing Balm

P1030673.jpg

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest Tubby 2
Razor: Peroux-Cognet
Soap: Provence Santé
AS: Prada
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Mr Uberclean :D
003800x599.jpg

What a shave!! Felt a little sour though, but for over two weeks I´ve tried a new routine, to rinse with warm (warm like when you wash your hands water) water. I never was really irritated, but since I shave every day, sometimes the neck feels a little sour, but that´s much better now. Thank you Tony and Mantic, for the tip!

Wednesday
  • Gillette Fusion Proglide
  • Simpson Duke 2 Best
  • D R Harris Lavender shaving Soap[/list:u]

Nothing to report on the shaving front.

Doing a spot of work now, but will be knocking off early for a round of golf with an old work mate. We usually end up with belly ache from laughing at each other so hard.

Good morning.

Merkur 11C & Super-Max : Simpson Chubby 2 2B Super & Floris No. 89 : Ren moisturizer : Diptyque Tam Dao Eau de Toilette

SOTD_13Apr.jpg

This soap continues to excel and hence unexpectedly surprise me - fantastic lather, very slick, very nice scent. I think our Swedish friend (who apparently has now started to post 'darker' pictures :mrgreen: :lol: ) should give it a try...

@ Mikael: (seriously now :lol: ) These scales on that straight should go well with the insert Bill's brush has on its bottom, right? This pearly blue is very nice anyway.

Wednesday 13th April

3P pre (sample)- Martin de Candre Savon à Raser - New Forest 2201 - Gillette NEW #88 - Gillette Bleue (2) - Floid Blue AS - 3P post (sample)

Tried out the sample of 3P from Maguire's barbershop. Much the same as Proraso pre/post in terms of performance. Not as heavily mentholated so it doesn't cool as much, but it still has a notable cooling effect. It's maybe absorbed a little easier than the Proraso.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Savile Row 208 (flopmeister that's fine for creams)
1958 Executive/Iridium
AOS lemon SC
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Annick Goutal 'Eau d' Hadrien' EdT

Been a while since using my go to razor/blade combo. Whew......just perfect.

BBS results,

Martin

Wednesday, 04-13-11. MUSIC: West Side Story_LP The Original Soundtrack Recording.

West%2BSide%2BStory.gif

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive oil - Rooney 1/1 Best Badger - Merkur 39C Slant Barberpole - Shark #2 - Pre La Chinata olive shaving cream - Connaught Almond shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB La Chinata olive oil - ASL Jeris Musk.

Afeitado13-04-11.jpg

Wednesday PM

Musgo Real Glyce lime oil soap
Hot flannel
'63 Gillette Slim Adjustable
SuperMax Stainless (2)
Kent BK2
Real Shave Co. Moisturising Professional cream, bowl-lathered after priming brush with the Musgo soap
Boots witch hazel
Nivea Sensitive ASB

3 passes, WTG, XTG, XTG.

Result: DFS.

I tried a different lathering technique today by pressing more firmly with the brush as I worked the cream. This, along with the extra lubrication from the Musgo glycerine soap, produced one of the best lathers ever. :cool: Only problem is that I think my skin is sensitive to lime oil - I had awful irritation with a tub of lemon and lime TOBS cream I tried a while back, and, if I use the Musgo soap to prep and as part of a superlather, it too stings a bit. :( I think once I use this cake up I'll switch to Waitrose's organic glycerine soap, as that comes unperfumed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom