Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 9th April 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Late post]

Sunday:

'40s Superspped & Super-Max : Semogue 1438 & Nanny's Eucalyptus : Biotherm Homme Aquatic Lotion : YSL Kouros (old formulation)

Monday:

No shave.

Monday, 04-11-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Morris & Forndran Two Bands - Merkur 39C Slant Barberpole - Israeli Personna (IP) #1 - Pre Myrsol Emulsión - Coate's Limited Edition shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Welleda - ASL Stetson Fresh.

Afeitado11-04-11002.jpg

Monday:

Schick Injector 'Golden 500'
Personna injector blade
Connaught peppermint cream
Simpson Case pure
Bulldog asb

A tingly wake-up from the peppermint cream :mrgreen: . First use of the Personna injector blades - not as smooth as the NOS Schicks I tried, but still a fine shave.

Jos

SATURDAY/SUNDAY/MONDAY :shave
Razor: Merkur 13C OC
Blade: Astra Super Platinum
Brush: Simpson Colonel X2L
Soap: TOBS Luxury Sandalwood Cream
AS: Barbershop Bay Rum

Monday

Bath

Cold water shave
Feather AS-D1
Gillette 7O'C Sharp Edge Yellow (1)
NF HMB 2221
Martin de Candre Savon à Raser
WTG - XTG - XTG + touch ups
Thayers Astringent

Very unusual for me to shave so late in the day - 5pm - but had an absolutely wonderful shave. Very, very smooth with no irritation or anything. Love the MdC - seems to me the French have a one up on everyone else on the shave soap/cream front. Didn't feel I needed anything else after the WH, and only went with the WH to see how the shave went.

All in all I think I have found the set ups for me;

Cold water shaves,
Feather AS-D1,
Voskhod or Gillette Yellows,
L'Occitane Cade or MdC.

Gonna try a Feather blade some time but I don't see me trying anything else in the near future except for a smelly or three.

TTFN. . .

Monday

6/8 Texol No.5
Palmolive cream
Simpsons Commodore X1
L'Oreal Men Expert Hydra Energetic Hydrating Boost PS Balm
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Ever Ready badger
Schick M type adjustable injector/Personna Super Stainless (NOS)
The Soap Opera Himalaya SS
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Annick Goutal 'Eau d' Hadrien' EdT (nice lemon /citrus)

Second day using this latest blade and man.......it's very good. I just bear down a little bit and make nice loooooong strokes with this thing. Very easy to use and fun too. I've got the razor dialed in perfectly after all these years, and this little guy's magical with the right blade loaded up.

I gotta be careful not to revert back to this set up, having used only injectors for many months in the past. I love being able to use something with so thin a profile to the head....great being able to see exactly where the blade's being driven. I have a feeling I'll be using this combo again tomorrow.

BBS results,

Martin

• hot shower
  • Tabac tallow soap
  • Bulgarian badgerhair brush
  • Gillette SuperSpeed 40's style with a red Gillette blade
  • Tabac AS[/list:u]

This Tabac tallow soap is a tricky one, it denied to give me any usable lather until I soaked the whole dish in hot water for a few minutes just like Mantic56 suggested for Mitchell's Wool Fat soap.

Shower
Radio 4

EJ DE89
Red Personna
W/Sword Brush
Nannys Yushu Soap
Essentials Balm
Black Suede EDT

Great slick lather from the soap that produced enough for a three pass face shave and a head mowing! THe red personna blade seems to be a forgiving piece of kit as no cuts etc. Nice shave.

003800x747.jpg

Top class shave and I´m now Mr very, very clean :D brush never was funky, but it´s only getting better and better, thanks Bill!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom