Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 9th April 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday, 04-15-11. MUSIC: Ultravox_LP Vienna.

ultravox.jpg

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Morris & Forndran two bands - Merkur Progress - Iridium Super #2 - Pre La Chinata - TABAC shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Truefitt & Hill - ASL Pour un Homme de Caron.

Afeitado15-04-11003.jpg

friday

white proraso pre.post
NF2201
TOBS avocado
EJ mastiff + 7 oclock (2)
Profs. Natural limes A/S
Profs. Natural lime balm

result: a bit of irritation today, but the new A/S and balm combo from the Prof delivered the goods. face is smooth.

Friday PM

Hot flannel
Merkur HD
Crystal Platinum (3)
Kent BK2
Palmolive Classic cream, bowl-lathered
Boots witch hazel
Nivea Sensitive ASB

3 passes: WTG, XTG, XTG

Result: Disappointing, SAS but still rather too much stubble left for my liking.

This morning, when my dad said he was going to Tesco to get my grandmother some more Guinness (don't ask LOL), I recalled that they sold the Palmolive cream, so I asked him to get me a tube to try. I'm going to post a review in the existing appropriate thread, but, suffice it to say, my first experience of it hasn't been very promising. :( It may have been to do with my prep not being as thorough as normal - at first I was just going to practice making lather with it prior to shaving tomorrow morning, but decided at the last minute to shave there and then. I expected slightly sub-par results due to this, but not as much dragging and tugging as I got. :?

MWF Hand Soap,
Palmolive Classic SS,
Simpson Duke 3,
Dovo 5/8,
Alum Block,
L'Occitan EdT.

SOTDApril15th2011.jpg

Hopefully tomorrow I will have my strop. This stropping on newspaper is all very well but it doesn't bring up the edge like one of Neils' nice strops! :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom