Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday:

EJ de87
Treet Platinum
TOBS Lavender cream
Simpson Case pure
Bulldog asb

Another awesome performance from the de87. After an erratic start with it a couple of months back, it has now toppled the Slant to become my second-in-command to the mighty Red tip. An outstandingly smooth shave :D

Jos

Wednesday

Wife is out, kids are out, its raining out, pink floyd is playing so thought I would have another go with the shavette

Dovo Shavette
Dovo Blade
Proraso (Green) shave cream
Crema 3P - sample from http://www.maguiresbarbershop.co.uk
Simpsons Beaufort B1 - PB
Large Spyptic Pencil

OK, the 3P says its pre and post shave moisteriser, so I did my normal face prep, ie a hot flannel and then massaged some in. impressed with the smell and and how my skin felt as its going on - nice little tingles
First time with the Proraso cream (came in the pif), created a wonderful lather in a bowl, same kind of scent as the 3P but tbh I prefered the 3p over the proraso
The B1 also had its first outting today, lovley little brush, nice back bone, maybe a little scratchy but gave a good massage as I was working the lather in
2 Passes, 1st WTG, 2nd what ever I felt was needed, really took my time as a new blade again, SUCCESS my very first shavette shave with no major arteries severed or mass flaps of skin hanging from my face, only one small nick/weeper, caused when buffing a little missed patch in the middle of my cheek :roll: - nearly did it with no blood
Used the pencil on this nick - didnt give me the sting of my old pencils :( seems to be more talc that alum, BUT soon stopped the bleed, used an alum block on the rest of my face for my trickly tingles, dont get as many with the shavette as I do with a DE or SE razor.
all done, dried so put some more 3P on - a little goes a long way, and I used a bit to much so had so rub it in a little longer than I should have. Shin feels great, nice a moisterised although the cheeks do feel a little different, this could be menthol shock, or could just be down to the fact I haven't used a balm/AS as yet? will give it a little while longer if not settled will have a splash see what happens, just don't think I have anything that will go with the menthol scent.

All in all pretty good :D

Sorry for the waffle - I'm good at that :oops:

Wednesday
Calani Classic Havana SS/Edwin Jagger DE87 with Topaz/Semogue LE 2010 brush/Art of Shaving unscented.
P1160750.jpg

Hot face soak
Gillette Fatboy with Feather blade
Semogue 1305
Cella Crema Da Barba
Professor Blighty's Coconut aftershave
Pecksniffs Cologne
Professor Blight's Yellow Unction

I took delivery of my first pot of Cella yesterday, so tried it this morning and, after reading all of the rave reviews this got, I was expecting and hoping for great things......I wasn't disappointed! I can see why people go on about the Cella, it's fantastically moisturing and comfortable, the blade glides over the face and leaves the skin feeling fantastic both through and after the shave, this is a top soap.

This was my fourth shave with the Semogue. The first day was excellent, but the last couple of days less so as I was finding the brush wasn't holding the lather very well after the first pass. Hmmmmm. Well, I found out it was basically my fault as I'd been leaving the brush too wet. This morning I squeeze dried it before lathering, as I did the first time, and it worked like a dream. I had enough lather for three passes plus a head shave. Really enjoying the feel of the Semogue, it's fantastically soft and gives a great shave when the shaver isn't being a numpty :D

A fantastic shave all round.

Wednesday Night

Gillette slim adjustable
Gillette Superthin
NF2213 Chunky
Palmolive cream
Alum
Aquatonic AS

Passes 1 & 2 had the slim at 8 then dialled down to 4 for a final pass and buff.

du212 said:
sotd130411.jpg

Plisson, Crown&Sword, RazWar, La Toja, Lorenzo Villoresi

Why oh WHY cant I think up nice pix of my gear, or well a anything, I see some great pictures on here, I get my shave stuff, camera, filters, light box everything out and what I take is just soo amaturish by comparison :evil:

Love the pic by the way

Thursday

Hot towl
Gillette Super Speed
Gillette 7 O' Clock Double Edged Razor Blades (Yellow box)
Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Cyril Salter Luxury Shaving Cream (Citrus)
Witch Hazel (distilled from Boots chemist)
Trumpers skin food (limes)
Taylor's of old Bond Street Aftershave (No.74 Victorian Lime)

Nice three pass shave (WTG, XTG and finally ATG).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom