Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 6th November

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martes
I Coliniali crema da barba/shavemac foroafeitado.com D01/Merkur HD with Astra/Burberry ASB

P1140408.jpg

P1140406.jpg

Tuesday

Merkur Futur, Feather, Nanny's Ice & A Slice cream, Simpsons Commodore X1,
Razorock alum stick, L'Oreal Men Expert Hydra Energetic Hydrating Boost Post-Shave Balm,
Pinaud Clubman AS Lotion

1289323934272.jpg

Tuesday Night:

• - Le Tuft UH's Black & Blues set
      - Nanny's Exotic soft shaving soap
      - Lord Cool stainless steel blade
      - Humphreys Cucumber Melon Witch Hazel
      - Floid Blue ASL[/list:u][/list:u]

I must immediately state, unequivocally, that the Lord Cool, is probably the single-most smoothest blade I have used in my meagre time wet-shaving to-date. I had read they were smooth, but not as smooth as Lord's Crown and/or Crown 'Red Stripe' brands. I found tonight's Cool to be smoother than the Red Stripes personally. Also, I think, perhaps, I just like saying "Lord Cool" - possibly a bit too much.

First time using the Floid Blue; first time using any Floid to be honest. First impression: I think I like it. The smell/airborne-ingredients might be the exacerbating my headache, but that could just as easily be the change of air quality, what with less fresh air in the flat, and the first use of heaters since last winter. The Blue was cool but not a menthol blast, just a great refreshing coolness on the skin.
        • All in all, a wonderful shave.[/list:u][/list:u]

Tuesday

Semogue 2009
Electric Razor Co. Hamburg Ring 13/16 round point

Nanny's Yushu soft soap
Tabac aftershave

Three or four stroppings after being honed, this razor has really come on song. A very easy shave, and as clean a finish as I could wish for.

Tuesday

Prep
Scrubbed the face with a nice bit of homemade soap

Tools
404 bodger
Mama Bear's Lime Ice soap
Fat Boy
Feather

Aqua Velva A/S
RSC balm

Had to scratch the itch and use a Feather for the first time. WOW – that is one helluva blade. I didn't really do much of a prep, but nothing that I have used thus far has shaved my face (neck especially) as well as this. Really good blade, and I am glad that I waited to get to grips with this shaving lark before I tried it.

These'll be added to the "wants" list. Mega impressed.

Have a great Wednesday, folks.

Tuesday, 11-09-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Vie-Long afeitadoclasico.com Prototype 3 Two Bands (55 mm. loft) - Edwin Jagger DE89L - Iridium Super #1 - Mitchell's Wool Fat shaving soap - Alum block - ASL Bowling Green + ASB Truefitt & Hill classic.

Afeitado09-11-10001.jpg

Afeitado09-11-10002.jpg

Wednesday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Bushmar, vintage badger
Razor: Klas Törnblom
Soap: Tabac
AS: Tabac
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very clean :D
Today I decided to go back to my two passes only routine, I´m not getting an uberclean shave, but it´s a big time saver (on week days). Tabac is very nice, I almost regret giving my back up puck away :?
PB090005800x574.jpg

Wednesday

EJ Chatsworth
Bleue Extra (2)
NF Silvertip
P160
Witch Hazel
CHH Tobacco AS
Gio Bellini ASB.

Not bad, not bad at all. Having used my new Mergress for the past couple of weeks (what a great razor!) i decided to have a change yesterday and get the Chatsworth out for a spin.

Have a good day gents.

Wednesday

Feather Portable
Red IP (3)
404 Bodger
Arko Soap Stick

EJ Sandalwood ASM

A very decent shave.

The Feather Portable is a tidy little razor and well worth having as travel kit; low cost and very effective and I like it, even though it is Japanese.

The Arko works better for me as a cake then whipped up in a bowl but as this seems to be a stick week (chez Spirit) it did better than ok.

:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom