Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday

Merker HD
Astra (1)
New Forest 2212
MB unscented
Alum

First time I've used the Astra, very smooth, the alum has caused quite an itchy face, seems to be anything on my face causes a reaction, I've also managed to convince myself I want a Rocket HD and a slant.

Monday:
Hot towel
404 mix/MWF
Superspeed/Personna red
Alum
Ogallala Bay Rum,,great stuff

Not a bad shave but really should've used a new blade. :)
regards, beejay

Omega 10098 : Taylor 5/8 Full Hollow : Edwin Jagger Sea Buckthorn SS Grey Flannel ASL : Grey Flannel EdT

PB081291.jpg

Monday:

Pre: Hot facecloth
Cream: Body Shop Maca Root
Brush: New Forest 2201
Razor: Merkur Futur
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
Cologne: Boticario de Havana

Just a quick two-pass North-South, South-North shave wich actually turned out quite well. I've not used an Astra blade, but it seemed comfortable enough.
The Cologne is fabulous - tobacco flower, orange blossom, patchouli and honeysuckle with clean and citrusy top notes of bergamot. According to the official propoganda. This and Acca Kappa 1869 are my current favourites. It was probably a touch OTT for a trip to Sainsburys, however.

Regards

Ian

Monday
shavemac finest foroafeitado.com edition/I colonniali crema da barba/Edwin and Jagger DE86 with Astra/Crabtree and Evelyn Nomad ASB
P1140405.jpg

Monday 8th November

Arko - New Forest 2211 - Gillette fat-handled Tech - Feather (1) - Ogallala Bay Rum Limes & Peppercorns

Goodbye shave with the Tech, before it gets cleaned up, dipped in Barbicide and heads off to a new home. Got a really good shave, enough to make me regret getting rid of it, but alas it's departure is already arranged.

Monday

6/8 Air Brand
Nanny's Yushu Soap
Simpsons Commodore X1
Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera
Jasper Conran Man AS Balm
Gillette Series Power Rush AS

Monday

6/8 Air Brand
Nanny's Yushu Soap
Simpsons Commodore X1
Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera
Jasper Conran Man AS Balm
Gillette Series Power Rush AS

Monday

The Real Shaving Company Face Scrub
Men U Pure Bristle
Palmolive Shave Cream
Merkur Futur (2.2)
Dorco 301 (2)
Nivea for Men Sensitive After Shave Balm

Couple of quick passes and a little touch up, nice close shave with no irritation. Blade seemed quite harsh on the 1st shave but much smoother this time. Really loving the Palmolive Cream at the minute.

Second Bulgarian Cream test drive

IMAG0061.jpg

Manufactured in Gabrovo, Bulgaria by <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://stscosmetics.bg/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://stscosmetics.bg/</a><!-- m -->

Today I pushed out from the 60 stotinki right the way up to 95 :) but this time 65ml instead of 100 (Still only about 50p per tube though ) - had a choice of 3 at that price point, all Compass "new" range. A menthol one or a soothing one, but I decided on the "wild POWER" energising effect.

Ingredients: Aqua, Myristic Acid, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Parfum, Boric Acid, Sodium Borate, Allantoin, Menthol, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Coumarin, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

The shave:

1955 Gillette British Flare Tipped Rocket
NOS Gillette Bleue Extra (4)
Fido 2211
Compass "wild POWER energising effect"

The fragrance reminded me of another cream I've used, can't put a finger on it but it was a sort of spicy obviously synthetic citrus - shave was excellent though.

Monday

New Forest 2201
Gebr. Lang "Fermarud" 3/8 round point

Bluebeard's Revenge cream (kindly donated by Mr PigCat)
Musgo Real Classic aftershave

PC's dark hints about fancy chemicals and so forth led me to believe that the Bluebeard cream would glow in the dark, and it sort of does in a brilliant white with a pearlescent sheen sort of way. It seemed to be a fairly normal sort of cream in use, producing plenty of lather, but not very protective for my purposes to be honest. Stung a bit when left on for a while, but I get that from P.160 too. All told, not a bad shave to say that I'm still getting to grips with the razor, and I'll certainly give it a fairer test with a more familiar blade some time soon.

Monday Night:

• - Le Tuft UH's Black & Blues shave set
      - Gillette Thin from Vietnam
      • ... great - now I have Charlie Don't Surf stuck in my head for some reason[/list:u]
        - Valobra Almond
        - Humphreys Cucumber Melon Witch Hazel
        - Nivea for Men's Extreme Comfort ASB
        • ... the 'anti-irritation' recipe[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

The only thing I haven't used before on tonight's menu, is the Valobra soap. I got big lather easily, but it seemed dry and almost prickly(?) on my skin, even after adding a few drops at a time until it was borderline too much water for my liking.
          • I'll have to keep an eye on how I get along with it on subsequent uses.[/list:u]
              • ... Charlie don't shave and we think he shou-oul-ould,
                Charlie don't shave and that ain't no goo-oo-ood,
                Charlie don't use horse, hog, or badger brush Ma-aa-aaa,
                So Charlie can't be no big lather sta-a-a-a-arrrr!

• ... with huge and heartfelt apologies to the Clash.
                      • Just blame it on my OCD.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom