Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday , Nov. 12th

DSC07748.jpg

Razor - Stainless Steel Deluxe Open Comb on custom Tuckaway handle
Blade - Personna w/ 2 shaves into it
Brush - Jade set with chubby knot
Soap - Palmolive Shave Stick

Super Smooth Results , been on a shave stick kick lately and the Palmolive for the price is just one of the great shave products out there.

Friday

Gold Tech
Iridium
New Forest 2201
Castle Forbes Lavender Shaving Cream
Alum
L'Occitane Cade asb

Early shave and then a day spent car shopping.

Ian

Friday am

Gillette No. 58 & Wilkinson Sword Indian > T&H almond sample and Semogue 1438 >
RazoRock alum > Barbasol Brisk after shave > AnHerb after shave balm

IMG_1314.jpg

- Very nice indeed. The Indian Wilkies are not up to par with the English or German ones, though still kind on my face.
- First try with the Barbasol, typical U.S. drugstore stuff but I like it and always wanted to give it a try. Thanks to Tim (SirWhiskers) from B&B I got the chance to try both the ‘Brisk’ and the ‘Pacific’ one (received one bottle of each).
- One more item obtained from Tim, the AnHerb natural balm. A middle-of-the-road product, neither too milky or heavy nor too thin or watery. Left my skin feeling silky smooth this morning, with temperatures in the 40s here in North Carolina.
- The RazoRock alum thing appeared too rough in texture, even after contact with plenty of water from the shower. First use though, so I’ll wait to see how it works further. Pretty small and handy, though (60gr., screw-in cap.)

my last few shaves have been pretty awesome, getting close to a winning formula:

-Hot shower, and clean face with clinique face soap.
-lather up with TOBS Jermyn street collection, sensitive shave cream (gorgeous smell, and great lather)
-NF 2201 brush
-EJ DE87 razor
-gillette bleue

from here on is where ive changed recently. My face doesnt seem to like using the alum block, aftershave balms, or otherwise. So i just dont use any. I apply a small splash of witch hazel, and once dry, a little non scented moisturiser.

That's me set for the day.

Muhle 41
Derby
AofS badger
Speick soap, AS, ASB

Thanks for the tip Blyth Spirit, nice smooth shave no burn, solved two problems for me, now know what to do with Derby stash, they do not work for me in my Muhle 89.

All the best

Kevin

72212_162092327163985_100000896553196_303431_4656771_n.jpg

Boots DE Razor
Gillette Vintage Thin blade (date code 1971)
King of Shaves Oil (sadly the plan to use the Taylors Gentleman's soap went pear shaped due to a last minute shift change)
Wilkinson Sword Shave Hydro aftershave balm
Boots Freshwood Aftershave.

Very disappointed in the blade and shave - the razor dragged something horrific. No cuts, but a very rough uneven shave.
Then off to work at 6am on call. Signed off the grid at 6pm. Naff shift.

Friday:

Didn't bother shaving yesterday, so today:

Pre: Hot facecloth
Cream: Body Shop Maca Root
Brush: New Forest 2201
Razor: Feather AS
Blade: Feather

Once again, the all-Feather combination proved what an excellent stubble mower it is. Smooth and comfortable.

Friday

Hot Shower.
Hoffritz Slant.
Henks Dutch Moss.
Kent BK8.
Iradium (1).
Penksniffs ASB.

Wow best shave ever smooth as silk almost bbs zero burn first time using a slant impressed :mrgreen:

SiR-ed8 said:
heroblob said:
SiR-ed8 said:
Wring 3x. 5min 23. 6 pass. Rework 1, 2, 4, 5. Texture of cream was hard kept falling off while trying to work in lather. 2min in lather formed.
Post-shave smooth as can be sans moisturiser.

I wish i understood this. :lol:

Codes my friend
faint.gif

Your not kidding. Many a long moment has been spent attempting to work out what you are wringing. :lol:

Razor: Rolls Razor Imperial 2
Brush: Omega 599
Soap: Col. Conk Bayrum

SPM_A3389.jpg

Wring 3x. 45 sec. 1min 52. 21 pass. 9 pass abrade lower neck; 12 pass abrade upper lip 16 pass thinned. Brush is ever so gently and silky smooth. Before you know it an hour has gone by.

Midnight shave. Who knew loading this for a minute would yield 20+ passes. In hindsight, 30-45 seconds would have sufficed.

My face hurts. This didn't happen before when I used Ginger's Garden soap and it was 25 passes thereabouts. Perhaps lathering for an hour or so didn't help. But if I were to guess that's probably same amount of time it took me with Ginger soap. Only thing I can think of is Col Conk's soap. Now if I had ended it with 2-pass and once over this wouldn't have happened. Instead as usual I continue to work the lather and wipe off until it is reduced to nothingness.

When will I ever learn
faint.gif

heroblob said:
SiR-ed8 said:
heroblob said:
I wish i understood this. :lol:

Codes my friend
faint.gif

Your not kidding. Many a long moment has been spent attempting to work out what you are wringing. :lol:

You guys aren't alone Andy had once asked me WTF I was saying :p

Anyway, with Badgers I wring ( not in literal sense but a gentle squeeze if you will ). If I don't do that especially with creams I'm done for. Some creams I have to start even drier and I've couple in my rotation. With soaps I end up using more product which I don't really want to do despite the myriad of soaps. In all honesty, all I need is a 3 passes ( 2-pass lather and rinse and a quick once-over ). Now this isn't one of those Asian faces you see in movies with cat whiskers. There's a full facial hair if not a good amount of stubble.

With Boar, I soak as I would Badger only difference is I let the water drip until it's no longer dripping and then go to town with cream. Sometimes I have to shake it 2-3x. Months ago you probably saw me post "shake 3x." You're probably wondering "what's he shaking his bum?" *scratches head*

With soap I needn't worry really because shaking the brush gently after allowing all water to be released is unnecessary for it's nearly idiotproof that even a monkey can produce copious lather from it. Shaking the brush would only leave it drier which is more apt for creams.

With Horse I perform the same procedure I do Boar. This has the scrubby feel of Boar and softness of Badger. Depending on grade it can be as silky smooth or prickly porcupine.

The bottom line, Boar holds just the right amount of water while Badger holds useless amounts of it to the point I not only lather my face but the counter top as well. I don't hate Badger one bit I've got quite a few it's just finding that G-spot-once you do your face will be rewarded with full of creamy, wet, moist and warm lather. Your skin will thank you thereafter.

6 am early start again meant a rushed shave in the downstairs lav.
Boots Brand DE Razor
Somersets shaving oil
NOS Gillette Bleue Blade (1)
Boots Aftershave.

WOW - what a difference that blade made. I cant wait til tomorrow mornings shave when im going to pop one in the Ikon.
No drag
No burn
Nice & close, even with a cheapo razor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom