Thursday morning
Pre: Hot Shower
Brush: New Forest silvertip
Razor: Roberts
Soap: Henks Scheerzeep Bay Rum
AS: Ogallala Lime and Peppercorns
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very clean :D
Yesterday I got my oldie back from Neil and he had done a great job on the edge (and everything else too, look at those ember like scales :shock: :D). I loved how this one shaved, I was afraid it "only" was going to be a cool looking razor. Lots of WOW in todays shave. Ohh, and it was real treat/easy to shave the neck XTG :D
PB100003800x552.jpg

Arrowhead said:
Wednesday

Kent BK4
"Lindsay's Choice" 6/8 square point

Bluebeard's Revenge
aftershave by Aldi

A close shave but not a comfortable one. If the Bluebeard cream gets another outing it'll be with a DE razor because it seems to provide scant protection from a straight. Also, I wound up with a tight face :evil: , something that hasn't happened in a long time.

Andy,

I how does BlueBeards compare to other soaps/cream in your rotation? Have you seen that promo with Mike Cook ( shaved with obsidian stone awhile back ) and Bluebeards'?

Muhle 89
Gillette Bleue
Boots cream
AofS Badger
Pashana AS

The Pashana flash smells like Floid Genuine and hangs around all day.

Thanks for the tip Blyth Spirit will give it a go Friday.

Kevin

Thursday, 11.11.10

Remember our Veterans

Aura Glow as a Pre Shave Oil
Gibbs frescura marinha Shave Cream
New Forest #2211 Finest Silvertip
Kirschbaum Diamondine Square Point
SRD Premium I Strop ... 31 Linen/65 Leather
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Nivea AS Balm
Mennen Skin Bracer

This Diamondine was honed by my own incompetent and inexperienced self, but it delivered a great shave anyway!! Proof once again that even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while! :eek:

About the photo...

I asked my good wife to pick me up a new coffee cup. She returned with a matching pair of these "his and hers" monsters... I just hate matching stuff!! But, I do appreciate her efforts... ;)

IMG_2425-1.jpg

Thursday, 11-11-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Vie-Long afeitadoclasico.com LE Prototype 3_55 mm. - Merkur 37C slant - Israeli Personna #1 - Pre shaving PREP - Morisons classic fougere shaving cream - Alum block - ASL Yardley of London Gold Ice + ASB Institut de Karité.

Afeitado11-11-10.jpg

SiR-ed8 said:
Andy,

I how does BlueBeards compare to other soaps/cream in your rotation? Have you seen that promo with Mike Cook ( shaved with obsidian stone awhile back ) and Bluebeards'?
I don't know that it does compare closely with anything else Ivan. The first shave (with the Fermarud) was a bit unfair because that's a rather twitchy razor for me at the best of times which I haven't really got used to, but the Lindsay is a dependable plodder which never throws any surprises, but last night's shave was far from relaxing. I didn't feel that I was getting any protection from the lather worth speaking of, and truth to tell, not a great deal of glide either. My usual favourites are Wool Fat, Cella, Nanny's of course, sometimes Tabac and Creightons creams: all of them work far better for me. I haven't seen the promo: surely you don't mean to say that he used the obsidian with Bluebeards? If so, hats off - his technique must be phenomenal.

Thursday evening

Hot shower
S.O.C
Ingrams cream
Straight razor
Schrick Krona with Feather (1)
Osma alum
Proraso AS
Maca root razor relief

I used plenty of Ingram's to make sure the SOC didn't let me down, two complete passes with the straight and I achieved an acceptable shave. Not close. but I'd have been able to leave the house! The sharp Feather seemed to suit the lightweight Krona very well. Satisfying shave.

Thursday

Fat Tech
Red IP x 2
Shavemac 167
Mama Bears Dragons Tears
Clubman a\s

very average shave, doesn't feel that close either
it's been a long time since i've used one but feels very similar to a Merkur or a Derby

wierdest part of tonight was the Clubman :?
as soon as i opened the bottle to use i got a HUGE blast from the past - Hai Karate :shock:
anyone else had this or have i been smoking crack again :lol:

Thursday

English gillette new o.c with solid stainless handle
Feather (1)
Musco real cream
Kent BK8
Fahrenheit as

Nice smooth shave one weeper which was cured with a cold water splash first time with a feather not the blood bath i thought it would be :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom