Not open for further replies.
Saturday

Gold Tech
Iridium
New Forest 2201
L'Occitane Cade Soap
Alum
L'Occitane Cade asb

The Cade soap is working brilliantly for me. I have no idea why I have ignored it for so long.

Ian

Saturday
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Custom turned by Chris 24 mmm two banded
Razor: Calfa
Soap: Cella
AS: Floid
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very clean :D
I really like this strange blade (made in Japan, Germanish name and prob. Swedish steel) and how she shaves. Very refreshing all the way.
PB060002800x600.jpg

Mikael,

I love those pics, you seem to have a nice collection of straights! A few days ago you posted one with pale blue scales, really liked the look of that one ;) (can't seem to find it anymore)
Soon I'll get to post SOTD straights (probably with some blood on them) :lol:

Max

edit: it was this one

FrenchBlade said:
Mikael,

I love those pics, you seem to have a nice collection of straights! A few days ago you posted one with pale blue scales, really liked the look of that one ;) (can't seem to find it anymore)
Soon I'll get to post SOTD straights (probably with some blood on them) :lol:

Max

edit: it was this one

Thank you Max! You´ve got good taste, those Fillys are very nice shavers (even though hyped price wise and when I found a one for a good price I whent into stealth mode and stroke before anyone knew what hit them :ugeek:).

Saturday, 11-06-10.

Soap form Aleppo - Vie_Long Two Bands afeitadoclasico.com LE_ Prototype 1 - Merkur 37C Slant Bar - Blue Bird #2 - Gibbs Nº53 shaving soap - Alum block - ASL Thayers + ASB Pre Proraso.

Afeitado06-11-10.jpg

Saturday Afternoon:

- Le Tuft UH's Black & Blues shave set
- Asco Orange super stainless
- Everest shave cream from Kalina
- Humphreys Cucumber Melon Witch Hazel
- Kalina's Everest aftershave cream

I started off trying the Stout soap sample from Briallen, but I couldn't get a sustainable lather, and I'm not a lather-perfectionist by any means. I tried with lots of product loaded on a just-done-dripping brush, and adding a little water at a go tried to build it face-lather, and then I tried bowl lathering and it wouldn't do more than most of one pass. I realised I could start getting a bit het up about this, any time now, so, I said "sod it", and brought out the Everest for a cool, clean, calming shave.

• The beer soap was very nice as a hand soap, but needs major changes (I would guess) to make it as a shaving soap for my styles of shaving.[/list:u]

Saturday evening

Hot shower
The Soap Opera "Himalaya" - pif from Wisconsin LINK
NF 2211
Schick Krona
Gillette 'Swede' (1)
Mennen Grand Large

First try with the Krona, sent by Dodgy from Illinois :cool: So I followed his recommendation of putting a sharp blade in this mild razor. And had a very good shave, not as close as the FB would do, but no irritation at all! Very nice soap too, lovely lather although I feel the scent may have been lost in transit.

Razor: Rolls Razor
Brush: Simpsons Case
Soap: Prairie-Creations Mayan Musk T&L

SPM_A3328.jpg

Wring 2x. 35 seconds in lather was emerging. 1.5 min. 4 pass. Due to temperature in room pass 1, 2 and 4 were dry. 3rd pass wasn't affected because I always rinse face after 2nd. Smooth post-shave.

quattrojames said:
Saturday evening

Hot shower
The Soap Opera "Himalaya" - pif from Wisconsin LINK
NF 2211
Schick Krona
Gillette 'Swede' (1)
Mennen Grand Large

First try with the Krona, sent by Dodgy from Illinois :cool: So I followed his recommendation of putting a sharp blade in this mild razor. And had a very good shave, not as close as the FB would do, but no irritation at all! Very nice soap too, lovely lather although I feel the scent may have been lost in transit.

Hi James,

I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself with that thing........heh. And what's this about the scent having gone missing? Damn it! That's the second time I've had to file a 'Lost Fragrance' form at the Post Office.

You sure it's maybe just not misplaced instead of lost? Did you happen to check the bottom of the box under the flap? I've found a few scents hiding there myself over the years.

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom