Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 6th November

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Rolls Razor
Brush: Omega 599
Cream: Olivia Seife Bayrum

SPM_A3355.jpg

Wring 2x. 4min 35sec. 5 pass. Pasty lather. Blasted temperature just like yesterday. Reworked every pass. Bristle extremely soft. Post-shave moisturised. This particular Bayrum is simply exquisite so tempting to devour.

Tuesday

Mach 3
New Forest 2201
L'Occitane Cade Soap
Alum
L'Occitane Cade asb

Was feeling very tired this morning, so grabbed the M3. What can I say? 3 passes, full BBS, no blood and no sting from the alum. Perfect.

Ian

Tuesday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Wardrobe & Pearce
Brush: New Forest, two banded finest xtra stuffed
Soap: Nannys Ice and Slice
AS: Old Spice Fresh Lime
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
Two days of stuble and clean as a wistle. I really enjoyed cutting down some heavy stuble with this Sheffield blade, smooth and sharp at the same time. Very nice blade! I used Briallens moisture cream after the AS this morning and it feels ok, not to fat for me it seems (I used it yesterday evening before bed aswell). Soft skin (why do an image of "the Silence of the lambs" pops up in my mind? :lol:), not to creamy or to fat :D. I´m not sure how it would work on a warm and humid day though, for me.
PB080002800x547.jpg

Tuesday:

Pre: Hot facecloth
Cream: Trumpers Sandalwood (sample)
Brush: New Forest 2201
Razor: Merkur Futur
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum

Again, as yesterday, a quick two-pass shave with a comfortable, clean result. I'm going to finish off the samples from Trumpers - I quite like the Coconut Oil, but I'm not too bothered about the Sandalwood or Rose. None of the Trumpers creams have reached the standards of cushioning or glide that I get from Truefitt & Hill's Ultimate Comfort or Acca Kappa's 1869, so, much as I want to like the Coconut Oil, I probably won't be buying any.

Have a good day, all.

Regards

Ian

Tuesday

Boring test shave

Merkur HD
astra blade (2)
MB unscented
Semogue 830

Decided to stick with the basic to remove all sources of irritation, my face isn't itchy now but it is sore, mainly because I woke up an hour late and did a 3 pass shave in 10 minutes.

Tuesday:
Hot towel
Ever Ready 12a/Scodioli Dust Shaker - Mahogany & Sandalwood ( takes longer to type it than to shave with it :lol: )
Superspeed/Crystal Super Platinum
Alum
Scodioli Laudanum - Tobacco+Black Tea Balm

Interesting trying out the new soap and scent from 'Mme Scodioli' but they're both very definitey up my street.
The soap takes a while to lather and doesn't give a lot but it stays wet and slick to the end of the shave, I got 3 passes with ease. lovely scent too, I like it :)
The AS solid balm is an interesting one, again a very pleasant and noticeable scent and supplied in a neat little tin of solid balm, great for travelling.
Ive never tried a solid balm AS before.
New blade, newish razor, new soap and new smellies,,all good stuff today. :)
regards, beejay

Sorry for the delay. :oops:

Monday, 11-08-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Rooney 1/3 silvertip - Edwin Jagger DE89L - Israelí Personna #2 - Palmolive stick in a puck - Alum block - ASL Proraso + ASB Sul filo del rasoio.

Afeitado08-11-10.jpg

Tuesday, 11.9.10

Aura Glow
Prairie Creations 15% Shea Butter Shave Cream .. Dragon's Blood
Semogue SOC Boar
G.H. Pumacker Black Diamond Square Point
SRD Premium I Strop .. 35 Linen/70 Leather
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Nivea AS Balm
Aqua Velva Musk AS

No shave yesterday made today's efforts even more enjoyable!

IMG_2401-1.jpg

Tuesday

Proraso sensitive pre/post
Gillette Slim adjustable
Gillette 7 o'clock Sharp Edge
Semogue SOC
Nanny's Lavender soap
Body Shop Razor Relief
Arko Classic Soft Krem
GFT Wellington

I normally do 2 passes with the Slim, first on a 3 then on a 5, but this time I decided to try a 4 then a 6. Well, the first pass did not seem to take off much stubble and I was still left with some after the second pass with the 6. Not sure how that happened, thankfully I had some lather left and quickly did a third pass with a little extra pressure and things were okay.

The Wellington sample was kindly sent to me by Andy Reid and it was a very citrussy smelling cologne. My daughter noted that I smelt nice. You could smell the grapefruit in it and it also smelt a bit like the mouthwash up at my dentist's, but not in a bad way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom