Strop: Neil Miller buffalo and linen
Soap: Palmolive stick
Bowl: -
A/S or astringent: Weleda lotion
A/S balm: -
Alum: -
Cologne: -
Moisturizer: Trumpers unscented
Comments: Razor honed on Les Latneuses coticule, then pale grey vintage Thuringian. Great HHT with the Neil Miller buffalo, perfect shave!

L'Occitane Verbena soap
Feather AS-D1
Feather Blade
NF Tubby 1
Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes
Alum + Distilled Witch Hazel
Coty Raw Vanilla

Jamie.

A two pass shave, with minor touch up, yesterday was my dogs birthday aged 14, I went to Tesco and purchased him a lovely steak, flash cooked it on the griddle pan, boy did he enjoy that, so I dedicate this shave to my dog, to Blue the Fox Terrier.

001-2.jpg

Tuesday 9th:

C.V. Heljestrand Mk. No. 30
Neil Miller English bridle / genuine linen strops (30/50)
Omega Professional No. 98
SWK XL scuttle
Institut Karité Paris soap
Figaro after shave
La Toja after shave balm
Guerlain Vetiver Eau de Toilette

SOTD_09Aug.jpg

Felt my stubble was good enough to give it a good shave this am and not wait till tomorrow morning, so I decided to add a new razor in the rotation, grabbed the Helje and off I went. Nice little shaver, highly sought after from what I understand, first shave with it for me.

Stropped 30/50 as I thought the blade would be tack sharp; this one had reportedly been restored and honed by Neil Miller. However it seems the previous owner must have shaved with it a few times, the blade is currently no way as sharp as any of the blades Neil normally hones. A nice shave nonetheless, perfect for today's task.

The French soap did not impress today, should have used just a bit less water in the mix. This is the issue when you rotate daily; you pick up a soap and last time you shaved with it was (say) few months back, so you need to find its sweet spot again.

The La Toja balm is one of my favorites, leaves my skin always silky smooth.

The efficacy and scent of the Figaro start to grow with me; nothing better than a fresh reminder of Budapest and some nice moments I had there few years back (there were also some very spicy as well as bad moments during that time there but let us just not get into that or else the thread will get really hot...)

R0011872.jpg

R0011826.jpg

N_Architect said:
Tuesday 9th:

C.V. Heljestrand Mk. No. 30
Neil Miller English bridle / genuine linen strops (30/50)
Omega Professional No. 98
SWK XL scuttle
Institut Karité Paris soap
Figaro after shave
La Toja after shave balm
Guerlain Vetiver Eau de Toilette

SOTD_09Aug.jpg

Felt my stubble was good enough to give it a good shave this am and not wait till tomorrow morning, so I decided to add a new razor in the rotation, grabbed the Helje and off I went. Nice little shaver, highly sought after from what I understand, first shave with it for me.

Stropped 30/50 as I thought the blade would be tack sharp; this one had reportedly been restored and honed by Neil Miller. However it seems the previous owner must have shaved with it a few times, the blade is currently no way as sharp as any of the blades Neil normally hones. A nice shave nonetheless, perfect for today's task.

The French soap did not impress today, should have used just a bit less water in the mix. This is the issue when you rotate daily; you pick up a soap and last time you shaved with it was (say) few months back, so you need to find its sweet spot again.

The La Toja balm is one of my favorites, leaves my skin always silky smooth.

The efficacy and scent of the Figaro start to grow with me; nothing better than a fresh reminder of Budapest and some nice moments I had there few years back (there were also some very spicy as well as bad moments during that time there but let us just not get into that or else the thread will get really hot...)

R0011872.jpg

R0011826.jpg

Those last 2 pics look familiar K, I'm sure I too have been down those streets in Budapest!

Prep: hot shower
Brush: New Forest
Razor: Cape, for barbers use
Cream: Palmolive
AS: Williams Aqua Velva
Edt: Trumpers Eurisc
Strop: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

I think I got the hard water issue solved, not as good lather as Nannys soaps the last two days, but never the less a very good Palmolive lather and very nice shave :D
9Aug.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
vintage Leresche OC/Iridium (thanks Robert)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
TGQ 'Leatherneck' extrait

Second time using this fairly aggressive razor.....this shave being a little more comfortable than the first. Yeah, a little tweaking seemed to smooth things out a little more, with less of the blade feeling on my face.

As before, a closer than usual result that easily took care of those few problem areas. Very good weight and this thing feels really good in my hand. Just a tad too much bite for regular use, but a very nice change of pace.

BBS results,

Martin

Tuesday 08-09-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - Morris & Forndran Two Bands 28X56 - Feather vintage razor - Iridium Super #1 - Pre PREP - Cella shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Floïd - ASL Florida Water.

Afeitado09-08-11002-1.jpg

Dipesh said:
Those last 2 pics look familiar K, I'm sure I too have been down those streets in Budapest!

Budapest is a very beautiful city. Both places shown are not very far away from the centre, where any visitor would more or less be able to visit fairly easily.

Tuesday
MÜHLE R89
Isreali (4)
NF2211
Proraso soap (courtesy of the London shave meet)
Davidoff Cool water After Shave
GFT Moisturiser

Nice 2-3 pass shave. Proraso soap certainly has a menthol kick to it that cools the face. Great!

Tuesday
Vie Long 16910 brush set at 47mm/Cyril R Salter SS/D.R. Harris with KAI/Myrsol Agua de limon/Weleda Balsam
P1220426.jpg

This brush is simply pure luxury!

Back
Top Bottom