Shave of the day W/C Saturday 6th August 2011

Emulsion Myrsol (Pre) - Proraso Soap - Vie-Long E16505 (2 band - 47mm loft) - Merkur Progress - Myrsol Emulsion (Aftershave) - Sul Filo del Rasoio cream.

suc53892web.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Gifts&Care.com said:
Emulsion Myrsol (Pre) - Proraso Soap - Vie-Long E16505 (2 band - 47mm loft) - Merkur Progress - Myrsol Emulsion (Aftershave) - Sul Filo del Rasoio cream.

That was a surprise post...

Hope you're enjoying your holidays, Juan...

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
Leresche/Feather
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
vintage Hermes 'Eau de Cologne'

Well, I figured I'd test my shaving skills before sending this lovely razor back to Robert. Yep, tried a Feather in this fairly aggressive OC type, and had sorta mixed results.

Man, I hadda go slowly......no room at all for error with this set up. Short strokes with zero pressure is the way to go, paying plenty of attention to detail. Did fine, except for the one time I lost focus or something. Yeah, I barely touched the razor's head to my upper lip and zingo......nice little slice that started bleeding right away. Took maybe 15 minutes to stop, but didn't leave a mark. Sheeesh, not a bit of warning to let me know I was screwing up. That would be the Feather at work.

Still, I'm happy with how the shave turned out. No other red marks anywhere, which is saying something. Whew doggies, I can only imagine how this set up would work out if I was a new shaver. Heh, I coulda got hoited........

BBS results,

Martin

N_Architect said:
Gifts&Care.com said:

That was a surprise post...

Hope you're enjoying your holidays, Juan...

Looks very nice though! :D I hope you're having a great time Juan!!

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest, high mountain badger hair
Razor: Klas Törnblom, frameback in ivory scales
Soap: Nannys French lavender
AS: Old Spice, fresh lime
Strop: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very close :D

"Our" English house swapping cat, lovely fat geezer that put Gods fear in the wildlife of London :D. Nannys soap´s still fantastic in the hard London water, very good stuff indeed :D
12aug-1.jpg

First problem is that the guy who has moved in Mr. Uberclean's house (fifty something parallel) is not posting SOTDs, so we don't have an update of how the two cats up there are doing... (my guess -->> :sleepy: [again] )

Second problem is that I need to take another look at this frameback's' other pictures I have (haven't bought a razor for a ...while :p )

Third problem is that Juan wakes up in the morning and gets ready to go to the beach, shaves and posts this shot, while here it's rainy and cold :icon_sad: (fall came early? I certainly hope not)...

Friday 08-12-11. MUSIC: Rolling Stones_LP_Some Girls (1978).

rolling-stones-some-girls-x.jpg

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - CaniRichalll brush TGN Two Bands 30X53 - Gillette President - Polsilver #2 - Pre Edwin Jagger - Proraso shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB La Chinata - AsL Osage Rub.

Afeitado12-08-11002.jpg

Hot sponge and MWF prep
Ikon Shavemaster
Derby Extra (1) - I figure I've got to use em up!
Arko stick
Semogue 1305
Trumper Lime Skin food
Alcolado Glacial AS

Very BBS, but plenty of cuts on my neck to show for it!

The Arko is a revelation. So easy to produce loads and loads of lather. An excellent choice for a beginner, though the scent is a bit Marmite (as I've posted elsewhere).
Ogallala Bay Rum Cologne

Omega 49
Palmolive stick
HD Rocket
Crystal SP
Nivea ASB

I'm going to park these Crystal blades for now and try them again in a few months... it's hard to put into words, but it just feels like too aggressive a shave, even though I have no nicks or razor burn.

Mikael said:
"Our" English house swapping cat, lovely fat geezer that put Gods fear in the wildlife of London :D

The more cats the better, obviously. Personally I'd prefer a picture of the other end though.

Nice Törnblom, just like mine :icon_cheesygrin: Except for the scales and the general shininess ...

Friday

NF Silvertip (2211)
Nannys Yushu Soap
FT rocket + red IP (3)
Thayers
Natural limes balm

result: 2 passes only, pretty smooth, a little irritation on neck taken care of by balm.

Friday

6/8 Joseph Rodgers & Sons Hollow Ground
Nanny's The Spicy One
Kent BK4
Simple for Men AS Balm
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal AS

Been forgetting to post up my SOTDs this week as I've been on holiday from work & have been too busy seeing shows at the Fringe & struggling to revive a near-dead computer.

N_Architect said:
First problem is that the guy who has moved in Mr. Uberclean's house (fifty something parallel) is not posting SOTDs, so we don't have an update of how the two cats up there are doing... (my guess -->> :sleepy: [again] )

Second problem is that I need to take another look at this frameback's' other pictures I have (haven't bought a razor for a ...while :p )

I hope they're slim and fit and doesn't weigh like their cat :icon_lol: Have a look, it's a sweet razor.

Arrowhead said:
Mikael said:
"Our" English house swapping cat, lovely fat geezer that put Gods fear in the wildlife of London :D

The more cats the better, obviously. Personally I'd prefer a picture of the other end though.

Nice Törnblom, just like mine :icon_cheesygrin: Except for the scales and the general shininess ...

Yeah, but the sun shone that way :D Those scales came out _very_nice, Neil did a terrific job on them and they're looking very nice now.

Back
Top Bottom