Shave of the day W/C Saturday 6th August 2011

Wednesday, early afternoon.

EJ89 Barley
Iridium (3)
TOBS Pure Badger (first outing)
Edwin Jagger Sandalwood cream sample

Brush and cream combo works well, brush feels very similar to my Vulfix 404 bodger, just bigger!

Three passes, WTG, ATG, XTG (sounds odd but works well for my face) and touchups under the jaw hinges.

Smooth.

Finished off with Floid Vigoroso and some Crema 3P. Face now fully invigorated and mentholated.

Most satisfactory.

Now off to a wedding reception.

N_Architect said:
No shave today.
Summer is still with us - we should enjoy before fall succeeds it soon...
Church in Paros island, Aegean Sea, Greece. 2002. EOS 50E, Fuji Velvia.
I miss using Velvia.

Tuesday
MÜHLE R89
Israeli (5)
NF2211
Proraso soap
Davidoff Cool Water AS
Kiehls Moisturising cream

Nanny's soaps get better and better. I used the new "Spicy" due out soon again today. The lather is superb, and although I have no idea what's in it, I love the scent. The Trumpers Super Badger brush did another fine job. And I'm also pleased to be back on another DR Harris milk aftershave after a few months absence. I really did need that trip to the London barber shops.

8-5.jpg

My wife keeps telling me to get rid of some of my books. Somehow, I never get round to it. Came across this one today - I seem to have a lot of sport books.

Wednesday Night:

• - 1930-31 Ever-Ready Streamline SE Razor
    - Gem Stainless SE blade
    - Omega 21139 rubberised boar knot
    - Vulfix Persian Musk shavecream
    - Thayers' Lavender witch hazel
    - vintage recipe Shulton's Old Spice ASL
    - Phytos Expert for Men ASB

... a bit over-worked the machine tonight; somewhat ruddy-jowled, but un-bloodied, and un-bowed - and maybe the smoothest my jaw/throat has been in over 30 years.

Thursday 11th

Henckel's
Neil Miller genuine linen/English bridle strops (35/55)
Omega #98
SWK XL
Nanny's Sandalwood
Thann Shiso after shave
La Toja balsamo
Guerlain L'Instant Eau de Toilette

SOTD_11Aug.jpg

A few newcomers in the rotation today, starting from the razor. I like the shape of blade and scales but shortly after the first pass I already started to miss Swedish steel (so you get the point and I can move on commenting on the after shaves and balms, etc.)

Nanny's Sandalwood gave plenty of lather, quite a bit of agitation in the scuttle from my end prior to that, though. When finally took the Omega for painting the lather on my face I noticed its bristles were not as 'wide open' as other times. Not enough water, perhaps? I don't know. The lather was slick but first pass felt as if my stubble was not soft enough, razor was kind of skipping, an issue that always comes up when I fail to get the soap/water ratio right.

The Thann after shave lotion has Shiso plant extract, chamomile and witch hazel. It is made in Thai. Quite expensive, but a nice and with good cleansing and moisturizing properties product.

Thursday

Lord L5
Astra SP (2)
Wilkinson Sword Boar
Proraso Soap

Proraso ASB
Proraso AS

Three pass, bowl lathered.

Yesterday was (frankly) forgettable, this morning's shave was much better. I'll give it another four shaves then make a more considered decision. It could be used purely as a (foreign) travel razor, in other words if I lose it then it will be no great worry.

A little more optimistic than yesterday and I still seem addicted to the Proraso team at the moment.

:icon_razz:

Thursday.

P3 As Pre Shave
Klar Kabinett Soap
Simpson Beaufort B1
Slim Adjustable on 3
Feather
Myrsol Emulsion
Cella Colonial Classica

First time with a Feather in the Slim WOW that's close !!! But the Klar Kabinett is shrinking quickly, is there any U.K. Stockists ?

Back
Top Bottom