L'Occitane Verbena soap
Feather AS-D1
Feather Blade
Simpsons Chubby 2
Vulfix Persian Musk
Alum + Distilled Witch Hazel
Coty Raw Vanilla.

Jamie

Wonderful shave feeling great, very difficult to improve on this shave, MAGIC!

001-6.jpg

RE: SHAVE OF THE DAY W/C AUGUST 6TH 2011

Pre-shave: Musgo glycerine soap
Brush: Rooney finest medium
Razor: Pierre Serindat 6/8, ivoirine scales
Strop: Scrupleworks 2" linen and cowhide, vintage handle
Soap: Cible cream
Bowl: Schwarzweisskeramiek extra large
A/S or astringent: Thayers original
A/S balm: -
Alum: -
Cologne: -
Moisturizer: Clinique M lotion
Comments: Razor intended as a present for my brother (whose initials are also "PS") as an inducement to start using straights. But I haven't...ahem...gotten round to give it to him...cough...yet :)
214o1gl.jpg

Saturday

Neo custom 2 band
Proraso Soap
FT Rocket + red IP (1)
Alum
Natural Limes A/S
Natural Limes Balm

result: 2..5 passes. very smooth, some visible irritation on neck, but very little tingle from Alum?

Saturday

Edwin Jagger DE 89
Iridium Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Institut Karite Soap
Alum

Much better lather from the IK today, after altering my method slightly.

Ian

EJ DE89
Feather (5)
Vulfix Mix
St James Clarysage and Cedarwood
L'Oreal Balm

Excellent head and face shave. Will freshen up with some Ogallala Bay Rum and Sandalwood splash and GFT Sandalwood cologne before heading out for a few pints later.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest
Razor: Wade and Butcher, for barbers only
Super lather: Nannys Ice and a Slice + Palmolive cream
AS: Old Spice, Fresh Lime
Strop: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Two days of stubble went out the window, nice one!
aug5-1.jpg

Yesterday we where in Brighton, burned my dome, some cash and the drive was awfull (in total 7 hours drive, London and back), but the stay was wonderful!
SNB14423.jpg

Saturday:
Ever ready streamline, first use
GEM stainless see blade
Rod Neep Verderer elite brush, also a first use
La toja shave stick
Weleda ASB.
Got some irritation on my neck, I probably need to adjust to the streamline as I'm used to DE shaving.

Saturday

A.E. Berg near wedge 5/8
Omega 48 boar
SWK scuttle
Fitjar Neroli shave cream
Figaro after shave
Fitjar Neroli after shave cream
Floris No. 89 Eau de Toilette

IMG_2293.jpg

Top shave.

SHAVE OF THE DAY W/C AUGUST 6TH 2011

L'Occitane Verbena soap
Feather AS-D1
Feather Blade
Simpsons Chubby 2
Vulfix Persian Musk
Alum + Distilled Witch Hazel
Coty Raw Vanilla.

Jamie

Wonderful shave feeling great, very difficult to improve on this shave, MAGIC! I wouldn't have started a SOTD if I could have seen this post, but somehow I genuinely couldn't see it, please accept my apology, Jamie.

001-6.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields brush
vintage Leresche OC/Iridium (thanks Robert)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Creed 'Aventus' EdT

First time using this vintage Leresche that's on loan from Robert. Very nice looking OC type, with a Kirby connection in there somewhere. Yeah, the handles look, feel, and weigh about the same on both razors. Definitely a good thing.

Shavewise, I gotta pay close attention to detail with this beauty. More bite than I prefer, but no problem adjusting the technique. Shorter strokes and minimal buffing and J hooking is the way to go. The shave resulted in a closer than usual feel, as is often the case for me with an OC type.

This would be a great razor for many members, but not for me. Very nice holding this fine piece in my hand, but I feel the head/blade waaaay too much on my face. Robert, thanks for banishing that particular primate....maybe you will comment on the razor yourself sometime.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• Leresche 001 (Small).jpg
    Leresche 001 (Small).jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Leresche 003 (Small).jpg
    Leresche 003 (Small).jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 12

Saturday:
Pleased to report had a wonderful shave this morning, incident free.

Edwin Jagger DE89
Gillette Nacet blade
Artisan Badger brush
Omega shaving soap
Real Shaving Company After Shave Balm.
:)

Wierd kind of shave today. Not a bad shave, just not fun. Here goes:

Saturday, mid afternoon shave.

Her indoors kindly got me a Clinique Skin Supplies for men shave pack recently, so I thought I would give it a whirl.
Got out the shave cream, smeared some on my face, wet the badger brush I got today from Jamies (thanks again) and began wiping the cream right off my face. WTH thinks I, then I had a look at the label - apply a thin layer to the face and shave it says. Bollocks I thought, but decided to give that a try. Smeared some on, not exactly filled with confidence at the paint-like smell (yes, really) or the patchy looking effect on my face. Loaded up my EJ89 barley with an Iridium (2) and set to work. Two passes, wtg, atg, then touchups. Applied more cream for each pass.

Reasonable shave. No burn, no nicks, just not as smooth as I would have expected from this razor/blade combo.

The whole feel of the shave was odd. Very matter-of-fact, uninvolving. I really missed the feel of lathering up. The cream is oily on the skin, not soapy at all.

Think I'll let her use the stuff for her legs and stick to proper shaving cream/soap from now on.

Probably have another shave tomorrow, just cos I feel I have missed out in this one!

Ah well, you live (or shave) and learn.

Late afternoon:

Hot shower
TOBS Lemon and Lime, face-lathered with
New Forest Tubby 2
Gillette Slim-Twist
Gillette 7OC Yellow (6)
Nivea ASB

Early shave, as I'm going to bed early in the service of getting up at absurd-o'clock (in fact, in my vacation terms, getting up at bedtime, pretty much). Predictably splendid; the only thing worth noting was that I loaded the brush with a quick swirl rather than my more usual digging out a nail-load and inserting into the heart, and if anything the result was better. 3.5 passes, BBS and comfortable.

I must try the 7OC Greens. If they have the sharpness and life of the Yellows without needing a stropping they would be a perfect blade.

Mikael said:
Yesterday we where in Brighton, burned my dome, some cash and the drive was awfull (in total 7 hours drive, London and back), but the stay was wonderful!

Oh god. :icon_redface:

Sorry Mikael, maybe Brighton wasn't such a good suggestion, but the M25 isn't always as bad as that, honest. At least the weather was decent though ... mind you I've only ever seen two types of weather in Brighton: red hot or absolutely bloody diabolical.

Back
Top Bottom