DSCF0052.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 7
After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Iridium
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face
Aramis 'Havana' EdT (vintage bottle)

Shaving by sound only, with no feel of the blade on my face. That's what I strive for every day in my go to razor, although it's not always possible with other types. I can bear down almost as much as I'd ever want to on those few tough spots around my chin, and some of my strokes are as long as what the M3 usta be years ago. Not all that different than using a cartridge as far as paying attention to detail. The shave is close and extremely comfortable. Only thing I gotta worry about is that damn hubris crap, which gets in the way sometimes. I believe I may be getting the hang of this shaving thingy,

BBS results,

Martin

Monday 8th

Filarmonica 13 Doble Temple
Neil Miller linen/English bridle strops (40/60)
Omega Professional No. 48
SWK scuttle XL
Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort
Figaro
Three Crowns Lavender
Creed Aventus

SOTD_08Aug.jpg

Creightons' stuff is not for me, really, but with bowl lathering things are quite ok. A very nice and relatively close shave. I have the Three Crowns balm for lavender-scented shave creams or soaps like this one. Fairly good performance (feels rich, though) and does the job all right.

Monday

Prep: Hot bath
Brush: New Forest, 2201
Razor: Atkinson, The Favorite
Soap: Nannys, Spicy one
AS: Proraso
Strop: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

I had a go at another one of Nannys test cakes today (I've got two) and this one was really good too - chunky, even more so than yesterdays French Lavender, good cushion and slip. I like :D We also where at a house from 1647 and had afternoon tea (very good, they have been rewarded the Tea guilds top award twice).
Aug8.jpg

8augusti.jpg

8Aug.jpg

My TSR meet shave.

8-4.jpg

Thanks to Canuck for the T&H 1805 bath soap - a real step up from my usual rubbish. I've since been off to acquire some more decent bath soap.
The Trumpers Super Badger brush will become one of my favourites. Super soft hair but just enough backbone to make it a delight to use. I had run out of Mr Taylor cream so I'm pleased to have it back in the rotation. And the DR Harris Arlington Balm is just perfect. I didn't get on with the soap, but I just love the scent. My Jagger Chatsworth had some fitting companions today - a blissful session.

I don't normally post here but since it was the maiden shave with my new razor, I thought why not.

Gillette 1950s Aristocrat ( USA )
Gillette Bleue extra (1)
Semogue 1305
Cella
La Coste Red ASL

3 passes - very smooth

[attachment=3250]

Attachments

• DSC00270_opt.jpg
    DSC00270_opt.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 7
Sunday

HD Rocket
Crystal SP (not sure about these yet)
Omega 49
Tabac
Nivea ASB

Monday

'47 Super Speed
Astra SP
Omega 49
Nanny's Sandalwood
Nivea ASB

I really need some different AS treatment...

Last Nite:

Musgo Real Glyce Lime Soap
Robert Becker Scuttle
1/2 Musgo Real cream + 1/2 La Toja extra Sensitive cream
Gillette 1928 Richwood OC
Astra Superior Platinum Blade - 3rd day use
RazoRock Alum
Proraso pre/post Aloe & Green Tea
Neutrogena Men Sensitive Skin Post Shave Balm

A mighty fine BBS Shave!

Gillette1928RichwoodGoldSet-12-smjpg.jpg

Monday 08-08-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - TGN Silvertip Grade A - Gillette Super Speed Rocket - Gillette Platinum #2 - Pre JASÖN - Calani Oriental Plum shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Myrsol Emulsión - ASL Pour un Homme de Caron.

Afeitado08-08-11003.jpg

Back
Top Bottom