Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 5th Feb 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
... been a wee while since I posted SotD here as I've been blogging it instead and not remembering to transfer & re-format it for here...
  • like my posts in this thread were missed anyway, right [/list:u]
    • Monday Night:[/list:u]
          • * Minora 3-Piece
            • o Red Bakelite handle & back-plate[/list:u]
              • o Metal cap[/list:u]
                * Gillette (Russian) Minora Platinum
                • o for the South African market mainly[/list:u]
                  * New Forest 2201 (Unlabelled)
                  • o aka the Urban Stealth Newfie[/list:u]
                    * La Maison du Barbier Formule Professionelle
                    • o made in the UK for the French
                      • + ... w ... t ... f?[/list:u][/list:u]
                        * Humphreys Lilac

Tuesday

KOS Azor Sensitive
Simpsons 57 2 Band Super
Palmolive Soap
Thayers Unscented

Decided to let the Simpsons off the naughty step today and he gave me an adequate performance, I've been noticing the irritation I get is as the hair grows back, yesterdays irritation is where my face wasn't BBS, so I went for it today and I'll see how it goes. The Azor is a fantastic razor, made in England and cheaper than Gillette.

Tuesday
Hot Shower
Loccitane Face Wash
NF2221
T and H Almond Cream
Gillette Slim Adjustable on 6
Shark SS#1
Loccitane Face Splash
Loccitane ASB

Tried the shark in the slim tried one before in the EJ89L and didnt enjoy it the same results in the slim not an enjoyable shave today.
Looks like the sharks dont agree with me

Tuesday

Trumper Razor
Feather Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Palmolive Shaving Cream
Alum
L'Occitane Cade asb

Yesterday I used the most expensive cream that I own. Today I used the cheapest. The only real difference was the quality of the scent.

Ian

Tuesday 8th February

Martin de Candre Savon à Raser - Simpson Duke 2 - Gillette Fatboy - Gillette Swede (1) - Thayers Original Witch Hazel w/Aloe Vera Astringent - Cartier Declaration EdT

Very, very nice! :shave

Monday
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest high moutain badger
Razor: H Boker, Griplus
Soap: P 160
AS: Old Spice Musk
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D
This razor is a real sweet shaver, 2 passes and a touch up and nothing much left :D
P2070006800x595.jpg

MWF Hand Soap, GFT Limes SF as prep, GFT LImes SS,
New Forrest 2203, Dovo 5/8, Alum Block, James Bronnley EdT.

SOTDFeb8th2011.jpg

Really worked that lather in my hand first rather than my face lathering. Also spent a bit more time with the hot towel.
But more importantly, more laps on the strop!!

Now that was a nice shave! Probably the best yet.

Still not as close as a good DE shave but it's getting there it and I am happy! :)

Tuesday, 02-08-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Omega boar brush - Merkur 11C - Blue Bird #2 - Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - Gel Aftershave JASÖN 6 IN 1 + ASL handmade Bay Rum.

Afeitado08-02-11001-2.jpg

Tuesday AM.

Pre-shave:
Musgo Real Glyce lime oil soap and hot flannel.

Shave:
Merkur HD
Crystal Platinum (3rd shave)
TOBS sandalwood tube cream
Kent BK2

Post-shave
Boots witch hazel
Nivea A/S balm

3 passes: WTG, XTG and XTG/ATG hybrid.

This was the worst DE shave I've had. My prep was a touch disorganised, as I again backed-out of leaving the soap on my face for too long with the hot flannel over it. That doesn't explain why the blade tugged, juddered and skipped and why it felt as though I was ripping the hairs out rather than cutting them. It was so bad that, even after my three pass shave, I had enough hair left in patches to benefit from a going-over with my electric shaver. :oops: :evil: I only managed to avoid razor burn by being even more careful than normal in applying no pressure and keeping the blade angle correct.

I've put it down to a bad blade, which I've prompty dumped. 1st shave with that blade was good, 2nd poor, 3rd awful. :cry: I've also decided to wash my face with the Musgo soap, rinse off, and then apply the hot flannel.

Tuesday
Tabula Rasa Vetiver cream (sample)/Semogue LE #100 brush/Edwin and Jagger DE89L with Personna USA blue (hospitals use)/444 alum block/Weleda balm
P1160327-1.jpg

No photo as I'm at work now.

Pre - Hot shower
Brush - Simpson Commodore X2
Soap - Nannys Citrus Zinger
Razor - Revisor 6/8 in rosewood
AS - Thayers witch hazel
ASB - Dr Harris milk of cucumber and roses

I had a pot of Nannys soap not long after I started DE shaving. Due to poor lathering technique I let it go. Today was my 3rd use of a new pot and using a wetter brush seems to work best for me. Great lather.
1st use of my new Revisor razor (see acquisitions) recommended by Mikael.

Very nice! :D

Tuesday morning:

Pacific shave oil prep
Rooney Heritage Stubby 2
MWF SS
Cobra Classic w/feather pro blade
Razorock alum
Nivea balm

BBS today! The Stubby absolutely loves MWF, it eats it up!

Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom