Monday
Pre: hot shower
Brush: Simpson chubby 3
Razor: C V Heljestrand 11/16
Soap: MWF
AS: Williams Aqua Velva
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
Wow, M W F!! I used a slightly damp/dryer brush today, loaded longer and worked it in longer than usual. What a lather explosion, fingers crossed I don´t get pimples (MWF does that sometimes for me) :D. Thanks for the tip Kostantinos!
P2060001800x600.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1946-47 no notch Aristocrat/Iridium
MWF
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
vintage Dior 'Eau Sauvage' EdT

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• Eau Savage and Aramis 001.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 30
MWF Hand Soap, Musgo Real SC,
Dovo 5/8, Alum Block,
GFT Coral SF, James Bronnley EdT.

SOTDFeb7th2011.jpg

Another nice shave but still not as close as the DE.
Still, I'm only doing 1 & 1/2 passes.
I don't want to rush anything and I'm sure it will all workout in time?

N_Architect said:
Knew it would work for you my friend. Happy to hear you're getting a good result now (lovely brush you got there, by the way...) :)

Cheers! It´s lovely, but it eats soap like mad, I´m sure approx 5 % disapeared this morning :lol:

Ids said:
Monday

I decided to give the Simpsons a rest and get the 150 out, I'm wondering if BeeJay can recreate the shape.

Shouldn't be a problem although there's a version of one of those with a faceted base which would be a real pain particularly with acrylic. :)
regards, beejay

New Forest 2201 : Modoso 6/8 : Wilkinson stick : Brut Alaska : 444 : Comptoir sud Pacifique Aqua Motu EdT

P2072368.jpg

I have felt the razor a bit rough in the 1st pass then, I've stopped, 25 passes on the coticule, stropping and I have finished with a comfortable shave....great soap and brush. Have a nice day gentlemen!

Monday
The Gentlemen Refinery pre shave oil/Acqua Di Parma Crema Da Barba/Semogue LE #100 brush/Edwin and Jagger DE89L with Astra/444 alum block/Art of Shaving lavander balm (sample)
P1160323.jpg

beejay said:
Ids said:
Monday

I decided to give the Simpsons a rest and get the 150 out, I'm wondering if BeeJay can recreate the shape.

Shouldn't be a problem although there's a version of one of those with a faceted base which would be a real pain particularly with acrylic. :)
regards, beejay

I'll certainly be interested, it's this shape <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6768" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6768</a><!-- l --> of course at the time I could send you the brush......... Now to decide the material, catalin still available? For the butterscotch of tomorrow :lol:

Blyth Spirit said:
Monday

Gillette Ball End Tech (English)
Supermax SS (4)
Vulfix 2189 Travel
Arko Soap Stick

Three passes, face lathered.

Proraso AS
Proraso ASB

I'm enjoying great shaves with the Tech so I may stay with it for a while. This little Vulfix 2189 is a cracking performer; it is putting other more expensive brushes, of mine, to shame.

Splendid.
:D

Right you are David, I have the 2189 (& travel tube), it is without doubt the a supersoft Pure Badger. I really should use it at home sometimes :)

Monday, 02-07-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Rooney 1/1 best badger - Merkur 11C - Blue Bird #1 - Martin de Candre shaving soap - Alum block Toner Thayers Original + Martin de Candre Camomil Vegetal Oil + ASL Myrsol Antesol.

Afeitado07-02-11001-1.jpg

Afeitado07-02-11002-1-1.jpg

Monday Night

Seehund 1015 5/8"
Ω 81052
Mr Taylors Cream
Alum
Oldspice Whitewater

Honed the Seehund before the shave, still some improvement to be had by way of smoothness but I understand that it sometimes come with the 2nd shave. Nice smooth finish, very pleased.

monday

white proraso pre/post
NF2201
MWF
Muhle R41 + shark SC (1)
Thayers superhazel
Proraso ASB
touch of Anthonys razor burn relief on neck

had to bring out the big guns due to some neck irritation. Feels nice and smooth and non irritated now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom