Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday

Gong Razor
New Forest 2201 Brush
Taylor's Rose Shaving Cream
Alum
L'Occitane Cade asb

WTG and XTG were okay, but then tried ATG. Never done so much ATG before and worked quite well, even though I did overdo it on my neck. The ATG made the shave close enough, but the whole shave took a great deal of time.

Ian

Saturday

Shaved my head
Hot Shower
Loccitane Face Wash
Slim Adjustable
7 o Clock Black#2
a sample of lloyds Citrus Shave cream from Tazz
NF2211
Loccitane Face Splash
Loccitane ASB

Received a sample of this cream from Tazz who got it from the states took a while to lather up but very nice once it did.
Another fine shave with the 7 0 clock blacks blad very hard to source the only ones i have found are in India so if anyone has any would like to buy some.

MWF Hand Soap, MWF SS , New Forrest 2203, Dovo 5/8,
Alum Block, GFT Limes SF, James Bronnley EdT.

SOTDFeb5th2011.jpg

After 1st pass I was interrupted by a telephone call! I just couldn't get back in the zone(?? :?: ).
So a quick XTG with the Merkur to finish.

And I dropped the alum AGAIN!! :evil:

Saturday
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest 2221 High Mountain badger
Razor: C V Heljestrand B K 42
Soap: Nannys Eucalyptus
AS/EDT: Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet
Strop: Neil Miller linen/cardovan 30/50
Result: Very, very clean :D
Peter has done it, again. This is a fantastic brush! Soft bristels, plenty of soaking abillity and a lather master indeed. :D The Helje preformed like mad aswell, very nice one today!!
Ian: You´re on the right way, it´ll take time but eventually you´ll get faster and things´ll feel very rewarding. It´s all about learning your face/stubble, more so than with a DE and getting the teqnique down, at least that has bean my experience.
P2050005800x645.jpg

Saturday midday-ish:

Prep:
Musgo Real Glyce lime oil soap
Hot flannel

Shave:
Merkur HD
Crystal Platinum (2nd shave, I think)
Real Shave Co. cream, bowl-lathered
Kent BK2

Post-shave:
Boots witch hazel
Nivea Sensitive A/S balm

3 passes (WTG, XTG, XTG/ATG hybrid) plus touch-ups.

I think I slipped-up on prep today. I tried putting the hot flannel over a thin layer of the Musgo Real, thought I felt tingling, so rinsed it off, and I think that interrupted my rythm as I don't think I held the hot flannel to my face long enough after the rinse to thoroughly prep my face. Could feel the blade dragging ever-so-slightly even though my lather was top-notch. Annoying weeper on jawline :oops: :evil: caused by j-hook that came slightly too high. I tried shorter j-hook motions today with no pressure at all and this seemed to reduce any burn under my jawline, which is a good indicator towards the technique I should employ in future.

Mikael said:
Saturday
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest 2221 High Mountain badger
Razor: C V Heljestrand B K 42
Soap: Nannys Eucalyptus
AS/EDT: Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet
Strop: Neil Miller linen/cardovan 30/50
Result: Very, very clean :D
Peter has done it, again. This is a fantastic brush! Soft bristels, plenty of soaking abillity and a lather master indeed. :D The Helje preformed like mad aswell, very nice one today!!
Ian: You´re on the right way, it´ll take time but eventually you´ll get faster and things´ll feel very rewarding. It´s all about learning your face/stubble, more so than with a DE and getting the teqnique down, at least that has bean my experience.
P2050005800x645.jpg

That brush does look nice.

Saturday:
Unknown brand three piece razor. Ball on end of handle laike a Gillette, open comb, Made in England stamped in comb section (I wish I knew the maker).
Cyril R. Salter brush.
Taylor of Old Bond Street 'Sandlewood' cream which gives a luxurious creamy texture.
Bay Rum after shave balm.

I seem to buck the trend, I never shave first instead, I wash my face in warm water while the brush is soaking in a coffee mug of warm water.
I took the brush out of the water gently pinched the bristles and appled cream directly to the brush.
I then whipped up the cream in the now empty but warm cup and applied the cream brush stroke style to my face, leaving the cup sitting in the warm water ready for a re lather.
Shaved, re applied lather and shaved in a slightly different direction to remove any strays.
Then had a hot shower and at the conclusion splashed my face with cold water before getting out and towling dry.
I then aplied the Bay Rum balm.
Job done :shave

prep hot shower
razor Japanese non folding feather
soap palmolive soap stick
brush badger
a/s calum best

well to day i was in the mood for a non stropping hassle free shave so i got out my feather and i have to say its a great razor cant give it enough praise it never lets me down.the result was a bbs shave hassle free and no irritation i really enjoyed this shave today. :D :D :D :D

IMAG0051.jpg

Saturday, 02-05-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Rooney 1/1 best badger - Gillette Aristocrat Junior - Iridium Super #1 - Pre PREP - Mitchell's Wool Fat - Alum block - ASL Myrsol Fórmula K + Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1.

Afeitado05-01-11-1-1.jpg

Saturday afternoon:

Hot shower and T+H ultimate comfort oil
T+H Lavender cream, Edwin Jagger BB
Edwin Jagger DE87 and feather (1)
Alum
Ogalalla bay rum limes and peppercorns

3 passes, bowl lathered.
Not too bad a shave... blade was a bit juddery. Not used a feather in ages and I actually find I prefer 7 o'clocks now, so maybe I'm just going off feathers. Still, a smooth, comfortable result and a good smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom