Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday

Gong Razor
New Forest 2201 Brush
Taylor's Rose Shaving Cream
Alum
L'Occitane Cade asb

Same kit as yesterday, but the result wasn't as good and it was more difficult to achieve. I heard a great deal of cursing when the alum hit my face.

Ian

5421212718_250bcc6897.jpg

Brush - Simpson Commodore X2
Razor - Thiers Issard 5/8 Sparticus
Soap - Nannys Citrus Zinger
AS - Thayers witch hazel
ASB - Dr Harris milk of cucumber and roses

1st outing with the TI. I like the feel of it in my hand, different compared to my Dovo. The tang seems longer which will take a bit of getting used to. WTG and XTG on face, WTG and ATG on neck. Missed a few bits but on the whole very nice :)

Sunday:
Hot towel
Ever Ready 12a/Macca Root
Superspeed/Nacet Platinum ( good pairing for me,very smooth shave :) )
Alum
Nivea Replenishing
Keiko Mecheri 'Oliban' EdP

Feel good,,, Smell good,,, Be good.
regards, beejay

Lazy Sunday shave
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Astor LE
Razor: Friodur (Merkur for head)
Soap: Dr Harris Marlborough
AS: TOBS no 74
Post AS: pure oil/essences
Result: very, very clean :D
Ahh, that was nice!! I don´t often use oil, since I´ve got a rather oily skin, but during winter time it can work. Now I feel like an Egyptian prince (I hope they sort things out there, sooner rather than later) - soft, clean and shiny skin all over :D :D
P2060003800x656.jpg

sunday shave
prep hot shower
cream lemon &lime Taylor's of old bond street
strop bigdaddy
razor 5/8 dubl duck special no 1
alum razor rock

what can i say about today's shave WOW just got my dubl duck back from Neil and this is one wicked we shaver no doubt about it had a smooth relaxing shave thanks Neil great work on the blade lovley sound of it as it cuts threw those whiskers note to self watch the point its wickedly sharp :shock: :D :D
IMAG0052.jpg

Mikael said:
Lazy Sunday shave
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Astor LE
Razor: Friodur (Merkur for head)
Soap: Dr Harris Marlborough
AS: TOBS no 74
Post AS: pure oil/essences
Result: very, very clean :D
Ahh, that was nice!! I don´t often use oil, since I´ve got a rather oily skin, but during winter time it can work. Now I feel like an Egyptian prince (I hope they sort things out there, sooner rather than later) - soft, clean and shiny skin all over :D :D
P2060003800x656.jpg
Great picture,Michael!

King of shaves facewash,
TOBS super badger shaving brush,
Coates LE shaving cream (sample),
EJ89 razor with personna red (#2),
Nivea replenishing ASB,
Caron pour un homme EDT,
Not too bad a shave, but something in the Coates shaving cream did not agree with my skin as my face felt like it was burning !!

SUNDAY

Kropp 3/4"
Crabtree & Evelyn Nomad
Omega 81052
Alum
Xeryus AS

Nice result, managed to get closer on the neck than usual almost BBS. However, I've come to the conclusion that C&E soap is one of my poorer performers.

Sunday, 02-06-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Rooney 1/3 silvertip - Gillette Sheraton - Iridium Super #2 - Truefitt & Hill 1805 shaving cream - Alum block - ASL Myrsol Antesol + Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1.

Afeitado06-02-11002-1-1.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Savile Row 208 badger
1946-47 Aristocrat/Iridium
The Soap Opera Himalaya SS
Lumene AS balm
Dior 'Eau Sauvage' EdT

The Aristocrat type is the best fixed head razor I've used as far as comfort and a close shave goes. Not quite a perfect fit, but not far off. I could easily make this my go to razor if it wasn't for the fatboy being so magical.

I must have used this razor maybe 25 times or so, and there's no additional signs of wear from it's near mint condition when I first found it. Anyone out there with this type of razor shouldn't be spooked about messing it up through use. I have to think the plating was thicker back then, or maybe it's the higher end model itself that got the extra treatment. Very fun piece to use in any case.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• aristocrat (no notch) 004.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 37
  • aristocrat (no notch) 002.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 37
Sunday DE Shave.

Jame Bronnley Soap on a Rope,
Tabac SS Stick,
Simpson Special in Best,
Merkur 33c / Feather(3),
Alum Block,
GFT Limes SF,
James Bronnley EdT.

Bit of a hurry today but nice shave anyhows! :)

Slow Shaving said:
Sunday, 02-06-11.

- Gillette Sheraton - Iridium Super #2 - ]

Hi there,

I have that same razor and use it for a nice change of pace. It's one of the few OC types that fit me pretty well, mainly because it's not overly aggressive. I went through a couple of em to find one that had less bite than the other, which can happen.

Strange sorta razor in a way. Looks like a 1940s superspeed with an open comb stuck on top. Probably weighs a little more, with the balance being slightly more head heavy (which I like). It's interesting using an OC with that thin superspeed handle.

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom