p1030376o.jpg

Sunday

5/8 J Gleave & Sons Hollow Ground
Cella Soap
Simpsons Commodore X1
Lloyds Chemist Witch Hazel
L'Oreal Men Expert 24hr Hydrating AS Balm
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

End of my J Gleave week, and I've finally got the better of the razor which I was always a little scared of before; I was very prone to slicing myself with it as it felt & shaved so differently from my other straights. I managed to avoid giving myself even a single cut and can now handle it much better. Also managed most of a week with the Cella soap, a make that I've never been as enamoured with as others on the forum. It's been better than it was - daily use seems to have improved its lathering abilities and it's slicker than before. Not, though, as slick & cushioning as many of my other soaps & creams, but I'm happier to use it now than I was. It is remarkable in one aspect of its face-lathering abilities though - it gives three passes on one loaded brush and still has a lorryload of thick lather left over. Not many of my other soaps can manage that.

Sunday
Semogue EL #100 brush/Edwin and Jagger DE89L with Astra/Scottish Fine Soap Classic SS/444 alum block/Art of Shaving sandalwood balm (sample)
P1160320.jpg

I haven't posted a SOTD for a while, but today's was rather nice:

Semogue 2009 LE
Gotta 5/8 round point

Nanny's sandalwood soft soap (the highly exclusive premium stuff ;) )
Givenchy Gentleman aftershave

Thanks to Bruno, Max, Sharon and Martin for that little lot: very enjoyable. :D

Sunday 2/6/2011

2nd straight shave after a 6 month "time off"...now getting back using em again :cool:

*Razor: "The Hamburg" Solingen
*Alum Block*
* Shave Cream: Old Spice: Original (imported from India)
* AS: Nivea Q10 w/SPF15

Attachments

• IMG_0104.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 18
Saturday, 02-05-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Rooney 1/1 best badger - Gillette Aristocrat Junior - Iridium Super #1 - Pre PREP - Mitchell's Wool Fat - Alum block - ASL Myrsol Fórmula K + Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1.

Afeitado05-01-11-1-1.jpg

Sunday, 02-06-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Rooney 1/3 silvertip - Gillette Sheraton - Iridium Super #2 - Truefitt & Hill 1805 - Alum block - ASL Myrsol Antesol + Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1.

Afeitado06-02-11002-1-1.jpg

Monday

Hot Shower
Loccitane Face Wash
NF2221
T and H Almond Cream
Gillette Slim Adjustable on 6
Gillette 7 0 clock Black#3
Loccitane Face Splash
Loccitane ASB

Another effortless shave really liking the 7 0 clock blacks on a par with superthins for me.
Nearly a week in with the NF2221 and loving it no hairs shed at all and the lather i get is immense thanks again Peter.

Monday

KOS Prime Face Wash
KOS A'zor Sensitive
Ever Ready 150 / NF 220 Knot
Palmolive Soap
Thayers Unscented

Few changes today, being the unreal horrible grown man I am I decided to give the Simpsons a rest and get the 150 out, I'm wondering if BeeJay can recreate the shape. I also after reading it on another forum applied some pressure with the cart, the result was the first irritation free shave in a while. What a great day.

Monday

Trumper Razor
Feather Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Castle Forbes Lavender Shaving Cream
Alum
L'Occitane Cade asb

Having a break from straights for a while.

Ian

Monday

Gillette Ball End Tech (English)
Supermax SS (4)
Vulfix 2189 Travel
Arko Soap Stick

Three passes, face lathered.

Proraso AS
Proraso ASB

I'm enjoying great shaves with the Tech so I may stay with it for a while. This little Vulfix 2189 is a cracking performer; it is putting other more expensive brushes, of mine, to shame.

Splendid.
:D

Monday 7th February

Barbus Soap - Simpson Duke 2 - Gillette Fatboy - Gillette Bleue (3) - Speick AS

This soap is fantastic; it produces masses of thick, really slick lather with minimal effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom