Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 5th Feb 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
You chaps (I take it you are all chaps :lol: ) post some truely inspirational photos, appart from having a Photobucket account, I wouldn't know what to do with it or how :oops:

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Savile Row 208 badger
1946-47 Aristocrat/Iridium
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Caron 'Yatagan' EdT

Man, this razor/blade combo is a smooth one. Very close and comfortable shave, just like the last three days using the Aristo.

BBS results,

Martin

shavemac silvertip D01 : Le Grelot 6/8 : Woods of Windsor soap : Royal Bay Rum

P2102373.jpg

Warm water today
CADE soap
New Forest 2201
Gillette Rocket HD 500
Fresh 7am
No-brand Witch Hazel

Disaster struck as I found I was out of bay rum, I'd forgot to get some Pinaud/Benjamins sent down after coming back from holiday, not a single bottle of bay rum goodness anywhere in the house. I fought back the tears and managed to brave it out and splash some European aqua velva on.

A sad day.

Thursday, 02-10-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - TGN Silvertip Grade A - Merkur 37C Slant - Israeli Personna #2 - Pre 3P - Mitchell's Wool Fat shaving soap - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASB Truefitt & Hill + ASL Myrsol Fórmula K.

Afeitado10-02-11-1.jpg

MWF Hand Soap, Palmolive Classic SS, Simpson Special in Best,

Merkur 33c/Feather(?), Razorock Alum, L'Occitan EdT.

SOTDFeb10th2011.jpg

Had to rush out this morning so I had to settle for a DE shave. :(

Very quick, very handy and very smooth but back to the straight tomorrow! :)

Thursday

NF2201
Formula 31 Lime soap
Muhle R41 + Shark SC (2)
Formula 31 Lime A/S
Touch of proraso ASB

result: very nice shave. left super smooth and no irritation - 3 passes + touch ups. the soft soap and A/S go very well together, only my first time out with the soap. I face lathered with a dry brush initially, and I think it needed to be damp, but eventually I got a good lather. I think subsequent latherings with this and I will get it sorted. Well done Prof!

Friday

Gillette New BRW Bull Mastiff handle
Gillette 7 O'clock green
Rooney Finest 1/2
WilkoPalmSpeick*
Alum
Osage Rub

* Not much Speick left in the mix now.

Friday

Music: AllMusic Mix - Nick Warren

Merkur & Wilkinson > Omega & Martin de Candre > 4711 > Institut Karite > Terre d'Hermes

Show more

- It's true what they say: the MdC scent grows on you...
- The IK balm rocks, full snow outside today with -4 deg. C and the rich milky feeling of this balm keeps the face soft and well moisturized.
- I expected more from the 80265, perhaps it needs to go through the break-in period first in order to perform as per recommendations.

Wow, very nice picture Kostantinos! :D

Friday
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Henks olive wood 21 mm silvertip
Razor: Henkotsu
Soap: Henks Dutch Moss
AS: Prada
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
Lots of "Henk" today :lol:. I do love the scent from the Dutch Moss and together with my new SWK scuttle (warm) it was a bliss to lather up, I got so much lather I also shaved my head. After that I still had plenty left and I could have done everything once more, but there´s nothing more to remove :D
P2110011693x800.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom