Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 5th Feb 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday
Tabula Rasa Vetiver/Semogue LE #100 brush/Edwin and Jagger DE89 with Personna Blue Super/444 alum block/Weleda Balsam/Creed Original Vetiver
P1160329.jpg

Wednesday, 02-09-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - TGN UK Super Badger - British Gillette The New - Treet Dura Sharp #1 - The Art of Shaving Sandalwood shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - GFT Skin Food Sandalwood + ASL SPARK.

Afeitado09-02-11002-1.jpg

Wednesday

New Forest 2201
Electric Razor Co. Hamburg Ring 13/16 round point

Mystery soap
Tabac aftershave

Extraordinarily good tonight, that's an überclean or I'm much mistaken. And to borrow another Swedish idiom, the soap is da tits. All will be revealed in due course.

Wednesday

Edwin Jagger DE89
Gillette Super Thin #1
Omega 81052
Wars Cream
Alum
Givenchy Gentleman AS

Fancied a change from the straights I've been using of late and the alum rub was a bit harsher than I'm accustomed to but the result is BBS.

Wicked have tonight, just perfect from start to finish, just goes to show you don't need the most expensive stuff to get a good one!

• Razor: Heljestrand MK No.8
    Strop: Neil Miller Basic Bridle strop 3"
    Prep: KoS Shave oil
    Soap: Monsavon
    ASB: Nivea Sensitive
    [/list:u]

Very good close shave, no nicks.

Ufy3H.jpg

NotTheStig said:
Hot water
Bluebeard's Revenge Cream
Men U bristle brush
Merkur 38R
Rapira Swedish Super Steel
Proraso pre-and post-shave to finish

I haven't posted in Shave of the Day before but felt compelled to as I achieved, quite by accident, my first ever BBS shave!
Surely a rite of passage?
I have been DE shaving for just under two years now and have got some very very good shaves but this was the first time I achieved BBS.
I had already shaved this morning (so off to a bit of a head start) but decided to shave again today as it hadn't been an especially close one and I hadn't used my Bluebeard's Revenge for ages (such a great lather, such a great smell!)
The Rapira blade I had shaved with once before, so I didn't expect too much from it (although I tend to find them very sharp and the Swedish Super Steel seem less abrasive than the standard Rapiras on the first pass or so).

Skin was a little red and one or two very small nicks but once I saw how well it was going I had to try to be a perfectionist!

Well done!
It's great when things click into place. No looking back now.

Thursday, 10.Fev.2011

Prebarba Proraso branco
Semogue 730
Geo F. Trumper GFT (sample)
Mühle R89
Personna Red Pack
Thayers Witch Hazel Lavender
Institut karité Baume Aprés Rasage Hydratant.

p1030375b.jpg

And the sunrise at the window? :)

p1030388n.jpg

Sunrise, sunrise,
Looks like morning in your eyes...

Thursday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Polo 8
Razor: Cape, japanese folding razor for barbers use
Soap: Dr Harris Marlborough
AS: Ogallala Lime and Peppercorns
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very clean
Todays shave was ok and I got clean, but the razor was a little scratchy and I messed to much with the lather (tuning in my new scuttle and did a refill with warm water and of course spilled water in the lather :roll: and didn´t have time to relather).
P2090003800x600.jpg

Wednesday

Hot Shower
Loccitane Face Wash
T and H West Indian Limes Cream
NF2221
Slim Adjustable#6
Gillette Platinum#1 cheers Hando
Loccitane Face Splash
Loccitane ASB

Very nice shave today loving the new T and H cream and the Gillette Platinum Blade,the usual 2 passes WTG and XTG

Thursday

Trumper Razor
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Tabac Soap
Alum
Tabac a/s

Tabactastic!! (can't believe I said that.)

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom