Tuesday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest 2 band
Razor: C V Heljestrand 9 1/2
Soap: MWF
AS: Floid
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
Brush works excellent with MWF and face lathering (it´s was a prototype with extra stuffing) + MWF works great when it´s cold (-8 degrees celcius here).
PC060008800x600-1.jpg

What material is that Mikael? This brings me back memories of the Blue Pakka Dovo. Much more plum than blue.

Razor: Rolls Razor
Cream: Olivia Seife Dark Rhassoul
Brush: Vie-Long 16728

Wring 2x. 3min. 5 creamy pass. Dark Rhassoul was very dense. Needed a little more work for sustainable lather. Post-shave smooth.

SiR-ed8 said:
What material is that Mikael? This brings me back memories of the Blue Pakka Dovo. Much more plum than blue.

It´s Purpleheart wood. there seems to be mixed feelings about that wood though, I like it.

Wednesday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: IKON 24 mm silvertip chubby
Razor: Doble Temple
Soap: Cella
AS: Williams AV
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
Well ... that was nice :D
PC070007800x634-1.jpg

Wednesday

Trumper Razor
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Shaving Brush
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Alum Block
L'Occitane Cade Aftershave Balm

Got the Shark blades as a freebie with an order from Connaught Shaving (thanks Paul), so decided to give one a go. First impressions are very good indeed. Seems to be sharp and smooth.

Ian

Wednesday Morning

EJ87
Lord super chrome
NF2211
Bodyshop Macca root shaving cream
Alum
Cade ASB
Aqua velva

Started with a Sputnik that had done 2 shaves but it tugged on the first application so binned it.Lord super Chrome from Connaught sampler.
Nice .

enjoy the rest of the day!

Good morning,

Wednesday

Feather and Futur
Nanny's eucalyptus shaving soap
Omega 81230 boar brush
Proraso AS splash
Boots Bay Rum Hair Tonic
Boots moisturiser

Dialed down to two this morning, one WTG pass and a perfectly acceptable shave.

The Boots Bay Rum is another of those scents that doesn't see the light of the summer sun. Defo a winter scent for me. I actually applied some to my hair, but it's more of a splash all over tonic. Very fleeting scent but nice all the same. I haven't used this as an AS splash, I think it might hurt.

Thanks.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1934 type Aristocrat/Iridium
Institut Karite SS
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
TGQ 'Leatherneck' extrait

Time to put the Aristocrat away until it calls to me again. Four days in a row was plenty to get that particular monkey off my back, although it'll hop back on in the future. Nice change of pace using an OC type that agrees with me.

BBS results,

Martin

Wednesday,12-08-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Omega 6236 Silvertip - Merkur 12C Barberpole open comb - Astra Superior Platinum #2- Pre 3P - Cella shaving soap - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Proraso + ASB 444.

Afeitado08-12-10001.jpg

Mikael said:
It´s Purpleheart wood. there seems to be mixed feelings about that wood though, I like it.
Well since you mention it Mikael, my feelings are very mixed indeed. You either like the appearance or you don't, but the splinters are ghastly: they break off under the skin and go septic every time. A Colombian species used to be available in the UK which had the same colour but a much closer texture, and I wish I'd stocked up on it. Your razor looks very handsome in my opinion - has it changed colour much?

Arrowhead said:
Well since you mention it Mikael, my feelings are very mixed indeed. You either like the appearance or you don't, but the splinters are ghastly: they break off under the skin and go septic every time. A Colombian species used to be available in the UK which had the same colour but a much closer texture, and I wish I'd stocked up on it. Your razor looks very handsome in my opinion - has it changed colour much?

Nah, not that I can see. This pic is approx six months old:

Attachments

• SNB12891 (640x480).jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 50
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom