Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 4th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday
Vie Long 16726 finest badger/True Gentlemen lavander cream/Parker 97R with RED IP/Weleda ASB
P1140674.jpg

Wednesday Evening:

• - Le Tuft UH's Black & Blues set
      - Lord Cool super stainless blade
      - Nanny's Ice & a Slice (with goat milk, without clay)
      - Thayers' Lemon witch hazel
      - Svoboda's Freedom ASC[/list:u][/list:u]

Had to have another lovely cool & calming shave today. I'm loving this version of Sharon's soap; not just because it has a bit more menthol (about as much as I think it needs without having to then up the lime to keep that lovely scent from becoming 'medicinal'), but the goat milk, and /or lack of clay makes it even moister and creamier ... fan-expletive deleted-tastic!

Lather was slick with smooth glide slope, wonderful scent of rose fills your nostrils and the room. Found the corn cob glass tray at Good Will for .90 cents; presents the Klar Kabinett soap (German) nicely and allows the brush to load up effieciently. The Crabtree & Evelyn scuttle and matching brush handle cost me $2.99. The lady told me "We just can't move this kind of stuff anymore". But she wouldn't go any lower in price. Gillette Aristocrat sounded good to use, so I broke mine out as well, with a new Gillette blade from Trainman (Thanks Dave!). I haven't shaved with the boar brush yet because I am restricting myself to use only the New Forest 2201 until I open my NF 2211 on Christmas Day. Been doing this since October 25th so I can compare the two. I will have used my first NF brush 8 weeks straight with all the creams and soaps I have gotten so far as well as being fortunate to have friends from TSR PIF me many sticks and soaps and things that I just can't get over here unless I pay and arm and a leg. My goal for next year is to try a violet and rose cream or soaps from one of the 3 Ts. It's hard for me to request a sample from TSR because of postage restrictions.

I am very impressed with this rose shaving soap and I mixed my witch hazel with rose water from Italy to go along. Did a search on the soap index here at TSR but "No Joy" for any comments on this soap. The package comes from <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bullgooseshaving.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bullgooseshaving.net/</a><!-- m --> at $20.00 for 500 gms; 250 gms per bar. Does one know of where you could get it for less? How many of you have tried this or other products from this manufacturer?

Some type of a heat wave going on over here; 1.11c or 34 degrees. We're all wearing T-shirts and shades. I shaved with a Hawaiian shirt yesterday just for you guys and I used Sharon's ice and a slice just to mix it up a bit. Had an umbrella drink made up and off to the side. Global Warming going on ... WARM Regards, Robert

Attachments

• Klar Kabinett Rose Soap and Dish 004.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 26
Robert Otten said:
... I shaved with a Hawaiian shirt yesterday just for you guys and I used Sharon's ice and a slice just to mix it up a bit. Had an umbrella drink made up and off to the side. Global Warming going on ... WARM Regards, Robert

Now, that must be a truly sharp Hawaiian shirt!

• Ba-dum-CHING![/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

EaCJK.jpg

Tonight was Gotta's first outing, and she behaved very well, didn't try and hurt me at all, the sound is wonderful! (a lot crisper than my other straight)
Used TOBS for a change, nice stuff too, although my lather was a bit thick, alum stung quite a bit, but I wacked some Nivea ASB on it and all is daisy!

DFS, seeing improvements on my earlier shaves, but this will take time! No bleeding today, so pretty happy!

Max

Razor: Rolls Razor Imperial 2
Soap: Williams Mug
Brush: Vie-Long 16728

Shake 3x. Within 30sec explosion. 1min20. 5 pass.

Been awhile since I've used this. Performance hasn't failed me yet.

Thursday

Aristocrat & Gillette Extra (vintage) [#2] > MWF & Semogue 830 > Spanish Floid (Suave) > SMN pre/dopo crema > Penhaligons Opus 1870 EdT

SOTD_09Dec.jpg

These are the vintage Gillette blades I got from Steve. Very strange feeling, extremely rough at the start of the shave, cannot understand why. My face feels as if I have applied no lather at all and as if I am trying to shave just with the razor and blade on wet skin. Very strange. Second shave with this blade today, feels a bit ok now but come on, I used Floid and the lovely SMN after shave cream to cool the skin down. After my first shave with this blade I had a lot of irritation, today perhaps it may be less as time goes by. But still, this blade is most likely not for me.

Max: Nice blade! Sounds like a keeper to me :D

Thursday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Commodore
Razor: Joh. Engström
Cream: Salter Sandalwood
AS: Dr Harris Sandalwood
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
Used Proraso today, since I felt a little flogged a couple days. I think it´s due to the cold weather and it worked out fine, so far. This blade doesn´t look like much, but it´s a splendid shaver :D.
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/micke2010/SOTD/PC080007800x636.jpg
I´ll start using links from today, since I can´t post 800/600 pics here and I don´t want to save two pics for every SOTD.

Thursday

Trumper Razor
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Shaving Brush
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Aqua Velva Aftershave Lotion

Second shave with the Shark and still very good. I think I may have to order some of these.

Ian

Thursday

Bic Sensitive
Gillette Shaving Gel
Alum
Gillette Sensitive ASB
Gucci Envy EDT

A quick in shower shave this morning. I was given a Gillette grooming set for my birthday :roll: but I thought I would try the gel as I'd not tried the Gillette version. TBH it was a decent shave, the gel was slick enough and the combination with the Bic razor worked fine. It wasn't as pleasant as using a brush and a decent cream/soap but from a utility point of view it was fine. The Gillette Sensitive ASB is good and I've used the moisturiser which came with the set and that's good too (not greasy like others I've tried) finished off with a reasonable fragrance and its job done.

Good morning,

Thursday

Feather and Futur
Nanny's eucalyptus shaving soap
Omega 81230 boar brush
Proraso AS splash
Boots moisturiser
Hugo Boss Hugo EDT

Same old, same old. This is the combination that works best for me.

Thanks

Thursday
Hot towel
404 mix/Macca Root Cream ( I do like this stuff)
Superspeed/Feather
Alum
Odori Tabacco (bit special)

Kinda nice today :)
regards, beejay

Hot Shower
Boots Razor
Astra Superior Platinum
Nannys Ice and Slice
NF2211
Alum Block
BS Maca Root ASB

Thought i would try a new blade out from the sample pack from Connaught was pretty impressed with the Astra,does changing blades the reason i have some irritation on my neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom