Shave of the day W/C Saturday 30 July 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday

No shave today.

123.jpg

Incheon International Airport, Seoul. I miss Asia.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: SOC, two band
Razors: Cape, for barbers use + Gillette Popular fo head
Super lather: McD + ARKO cream
AS: Old Spice, Fresh Lime
Strop: Cardovan/linen by Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Another sunny shave in London :D
1aug-1.jpg

Monday

neo custom 2 band
Provence Sante
EJ bull mastiff + nacet (1)
Alum
Natural Limes A/S
Natural Limes Balm

A good (ish) 3 pass shave. went for another pass on neck and left with a bit of irritation. Not normal. It could be the blade - thought these were meant to be smooth? Only time with tell.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Iridium
J Peterman 1903 SC
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
Creed Original Cologne

BBS results,

Martin

Monday Morning

Vulfix 404
Trumper Sandalwood cream
Gillette HD 500
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (1st)
Alum
Prof Blighty Yellow Unction
Alcolado Glacial AS

3 pass shave on 2 days growth. Went close but got about 4 weepers which the alum didn't entirely close. Buffed around the mouth which wasn't a good idea.

The Alcolado Glacial gives a lovely tingle but the scent fades very quickly. My Prof Blighty and SunburyBoy scents kick it's ass on that score.

Monday

Edwin Jagger DE 89
Feather Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Alum

Ian

Monday 08-01-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - Semogue LE09 boar brush - Feather vintage razor - Feather #2 - Pre JASÖN - Wilkinson stick shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB JASÖN 6 in 1 - ASL Old Spice.

Afeitado01-08-11.jpg

Monday, 1.Aug.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
Semogue 1550 w/ wooden handle
Lavanda Creme para Barbear
LUSO - the mild Portuguese
Derby Extra
Thayers Witch Hazel lavender
Musgo Real ASB

P1040780.jpg

This is an old LUSO razor, that I found on an antique market. She was very ugly and neglected, but after restoring it, she came up pretty nice, and definitely shave ready.
I know almost nothing about this razor, except the name (printed on the lower piece of the head) and the fact that it was made in Portugal. It seems to be a copy of the Old Type razors.
What strikes me is the smoothness of this razor. Smoother than the Brit. NEWs, and I would dare to say that it is smoother than an EJ head, if that makes any sense for an open-comb razor like this.
As for the rest, all good values. Lavanda, sadly discontinued, is a great lavender-scented shaving cream, and the lost brother of Musgo Real. The balm is one of the best balms that I know of (if not the best), and the brush (fantastic) is a recent discovery made by a friend of the Portuguese community.

Have a great start of the week, gentlemen!

Pre-shave: Musgo glycerine soap
Brush: Shavemac D01
Razor: Wapi
Strop: Scrupleworks
Soap: Avène
Bowl: Schwarzweisskeramiek XL
A/S splash: Gold Dachs
A/S balm: -
Moisturizer: Clarins
Cologne: -
Alum: -
Comments: Can't bring myself to change the original (heavy!) scales on this little Wapi - what would you do in my place?
2eg9to4.jpg

Jeltz said:
My 1st attempt at scales making. Alas it photographs better than it performs, the blade touches the side so they will be replaced, the cause was an error with a sanding belt. I've ordered some nice looking acrylic to use instead but next time I'll just be a little more careful while thicknessing.
Scales look very nice, maybe create more space with a simple file? Keep at it!

Didn't shave yesterday. Tonight:

Hot shower
TOBS lemon and lime, face-lathered with
New Forest Tubby 2
Gillette Slim-Twist
Gillette 7OC Yellow (2)
KoS ASB

A ten-minute utterly comfortable shave. Not *quite* as close as I'd like, in retrospect - should have done another polish on the neck - but never mind.

Tuesday early morning

Kukri 5/8 - Vulfix 2235 - RSC menthol cream - Alum - Boots Freshwood ASB
74952d1312246349-sun-july-31th-sat-august-06th-02aug11.jpg

More adventures in honing :) I tried a different approach finishing on a Dragons Tongue and achieved wow sharp but not too smooth, hey ho! I'm hoping a few laps on the coticule will smooth out the wrinkles! Great fun learning the hows and whys,

The shave was close and clean but with a little irritation.​

L'Occitane Verbena soap
Feather AS-D1
Feather Blade
Simpsons Chubby 2
Mitchells woolfat
Alum + Distilled witch hazel
L'Occitane Bavx balm
L'Occitane Bavx EDT

Jamie

Great shave lovely set up, two pass shave super smoooooooooooth, rarely if ever can I complain about shaving, always been a enjoyable event for me

001-5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom