Shave of the day W/C Saturday 30 July 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
EJ DE89
Feather (2)
Vuilfix Bodger
St James Clarysage and Cedar
Ogallala Bay Rum, Sage and Cedar

I'm wary of the feather so don't always get the best but this one was a good effort.

Sun 31st

Gillette New Improved with CoonCat Bobs Bull Mastiff handle
Shark SS
Shavemac 2 Band with Rudy Vey Beehive
Tabac soap
Alum
Brut Oceans ASL

Sunday

Edwin Jagger DE89
Feather Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Proraso Cream (green tube)

No a/s this morning, and just 2 WTG passes make me look tidy(er)!

Ian

d04060c5.jpg

My new Ever Ready Streamline SE from Merjwie
Beejay's hand made Badger Brush and Bowl
Provence Sante soap still the first puck and is the only soap I use
Razor Rock Alum

First shave with the Streamline...........Superb

Pete

Pre-shave: Musgo glycerine soap
Brush: Plisson 18
Razor: DF
Strop: Old Traditional
Soap: AoS unscented
Bowl: Schwarzweisskeramiek XL
A/S splash: -
A/S balm: -
Moisturizer: -
Cologne: -
Alum: Yes

2ch7qsj.jpg

Sunday

Rex Eskilstuna 5/8
Simpson 57 custom in Super 50mm loft
Tcheon Fung Sing Rosse di Barile
Korres Pomegranate moisturizer
Diptyque Eau Lente Eau de Toilette

R0012440.jpg

I received this veggie soap few days back, in a nice 1 kg brick. This is a soft soap. Chinese name but Italian made, reportedly with properties and/or performance similar to those of Cella. The soap itself is coconut scented, today during this first shave it offered me excellent glide and also felt pretty slick.

However and in order to have a more concrete opinion I have to use it more and also do a heads on comparison shave with Cella and my well preserved P.160 Duro puck. It may well be that good or it may be more similar to the Vitos Extra Super Coconut soap (which I have not tried), I just do not know that yet. The vendor I got it from is Tutto Italia Online, they are located in the Netherlands.

Tcheon_Fung_Sing.jpg

Sunday 07-31-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - Rooney 1/1 Best Badger - Feather vintage razor - Feather #1 - Pre Myrsol Emulsión - Institut Karité shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Institut Karité - ASL Pinaud Clubman Musk.

Afeitado31-07-11002.jpg

Saturday & Sunday AM

Merkur 34c
Merkur SS (1&2)
T&H Turnback in Super
Erasmic Supreme Stick

Nivea ASB
Proraso AS

Face lathered, three pass.

Same kit both days.

Saturday a fabulous very smooth shave. Delightful.

Sunday, first pass very difficult - tugging and dragging. Second and third passes normal finishing with a very good outcome, but oh, that first pass was tough. My first ever problem with a Merkur blade.

Anyway, that's the July 11 blade Merkur rotation over. All in all very positive.

New month - new blade!

:icon_razz:

Sunday

MÜHLE R89
Israeli blade (2)
NF2211
Coates LE shave cream
Davidoff Cool Water AS
Kiehls moisturising cream

Nice quick 2 and a bit pass shave. I would normally use AS as it drys the skin, but as the hot weather makes the skin oily, I figured it wouldn't be a problem. I don't seem to be suffering as I would in winter months.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest, high mountain badger
Razor: Peroux Cognet
Super lather: Al's + ARKO
AS: Island, Bay Rum
Strop: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
31jui.jpg

Sunday pm: new razor, new blade.

Nanny's Silly Lime
Vulfix 404 Bodger
Edwin Jagger DE89 Barley Chrome (a thing of beauty)
Iridium (1)

Prep: hot shower
Music: Yes - Tormato.

Usual three passes, with, across, against, touchups on two patches just under the jaw.

Result: Not bad, need to get used to the new blade I think, shaves quite differently to the Super Thins I have been using recently.

Followed up with a goodly splash of Steve's Bay Rum AS and some Bulldog sensitive moisturiser.

Happy face:icon_razz:

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
vintage Merkur slant/Iridium
vintage Surrey SS
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Tom Ford 'Azure Lime' EdP (extremely long lasting lime frag)

Second and last time using this 20+ year old slant and both times got some much better shaves than I was expecting.Either my technique suddenly improved (which I doubt), or this razor is a better fit than previous slants tried. Yeah, I believe it's tweaked a bit to the good (at least for me). I'd be keeping this one normally, but it's already found a good home. Heh, another example of the same model razors not all shaving alike.

I noticed what a good job the slant did on those few areas that try to resist whisker whacking, and the shave was a comfortable one.

BBS results,

Martin

Sunday

5/8 Microtome (may be Joseph Rodgers, but name lost due to pitting)
Speick soap stick
Simpsons Commodore X1
Gillette Series Intense Cooling Balm
Floid Blue AS

Sunday Night

Hermes in Walnut scales - GFT Sandalwood - NF2213 - Alum - Jovan Musk
2rc4mxu.jpg

My 1st attempt at scales making. Alas it photographs better than it performs, the blade touches the side so they will be replaced, the cause was an error with a sanding belt. I've ordered some nice looking acrylic to use instead but next time I'll just be a little more careful while thicknessing.

The shave, well that was good :)

Sunday

GB Kent T4
Creed Original Vetiver
6/8 Le Grelot 3/4 to full hollow
Roger et Gallet L'Homme
Terre d' Hermes Parfum

What a superb combination! Sealed with a very special kiss today on what was a beautiful day. What more could a guy want? :icon_wink:

[attachment=3194]​

Attachments

• DSCF0054.jpg
    DSCF0054.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 9
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom