Shave of the day W/C Saturday 30 July 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday

No shave today.

123.jpg

Incheon International Airport, Seoul. I miss Asia.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: SOC, two band
Razors: Cape, for barbers use + Gillette Popular fo head
Super lather: McD + ARKO cream
AS: Old Spice, Fresh Lime
Strop: Cardovan/linen by Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Another sunny shave in London :D
1aug-1.jpg

Monday

neo custom 2 band
Provence Sante
EJ bull mastiff + nacet (1)
Alum
Natural Limes A/S
Natural Limes Balm

A good (ish) 3 pass shave. went for another pass on neck and left with a bit of irritation. Not normal. It could be the blade - thought these were meant to be smooth? Only time with tell.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Iridium
J Peterman 1903 SC
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
Creed Original Cologne

BBS results,

Martin

Monday Morning

Vulfix 404
Trumper Sandalwood cream
Gillette HD 500
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (1st)
Alum
Prof Blighty Yellow Unction
Alcolado Glacial AS

3 pass shave on 2 days growth. Went close but got about 4 weepers which the alum didn't entirely close. Buffed around the mouth which wasn't a good idea.

The Alcolado Glacial gives a lovely tingle but the scent fades very quickly. My Prof Blighty and SunburyBoy scents kick it's ass on that score.

Monday 08-01-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - Semogue LE09 boar brush - Feather vintage razor - Feather #2 - Pre JASÖN - Wilkinson stick shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB JASÖN 6 in 1 - ASL Old Spice.

Afeitado01-08-11.jpg

Monday, 1.Aug.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
Semogue 1550 w/ wooden handle
Lavanda Creme para Barbear
LUSO - the mild Portuguese
Derby Extra
Thayers Witch Hazel lavender
Musgo Real ASB

P1040780.jpg

This is an old LUSO razor, that I found on an antique market. She was very ugly and neglected, but after restoring it, she came up pretty nice, and definitely shave ready.
I know almost nothing about this razor, except the name (printed on the lower piece of the head) and the fact that it was made in Portugal. It seems to be a copy of the Old Type razors.
What strikes me is the smoothness of this razor. Smoother than the Brit. NEWs, and I would dare to say that it is smoother than an EJ head, if that makes any sense for an open-comb razor like this.
As for the rest, all good values. Lavanda, sadly discontinued, is a great lavender-scented shaving cream, and the lost brother of Musgo Real. The balm is one of the best balms that I know of (if not the best), and the brush (fantastic) is a recent discovery made by a friend of the Portuguese community.

Have a great start of the week, gentlemen!

Pre-shave: Musgo glycerine soap
Brush: Shavemac D01
Razor: Wapi
Strop: Scrupleworks
Soap: Avène
Bowl: Schwarzweisskeramiek XL
A/S splash: Gold Dachs
A/S balm: -
Moisturizer: Clarins
Cologne: -
Alum: -
Comments: Can't bring myself to change the original (heavy!) scales on this little Wapi - what would you do in my place?
2eg9to4.jpg

Jeltz said:
My 1st attempt at scales making. Alas it photographs better than it performs, the blade touches the side so they will be replaced, the cause was an error with a sanding belt. I've ordered some nice looking acrylic to use instead but next time I'll just be a little more careful while thicknessing.
Scales look very nice, maybe create more space with a simple file? Keep at it!

Didn't shave yesterday. Tonight:

Hot shower
TOBS lemon and lime, face-lathered with
New Forest Tubby 2
Gillette Slim-Twist
Gillette 7OC Yellow (2)
KoS ASB

A ten-minute utterly comfortable shave. Not *quite* as close as I'd like, in retrospect - should have done another polish on the neck - but never mind.

Tuesday early morning

Kukri 5/8 - Vulfix 2235 - RSC menthol cream - Alum - Boots Freshwood ASB
74952d1312246349-sun-july-31th-sat-august-06th-02aug11.jpg

More adventures in honing :) I tried a different approach finishing on a Dragons Tongue and achieved wow sharp but not too smooth, hey ho! I'm hoping a few laps on the coticule will smooth out the wrinkles! Great fun learning the hows and whys,

The shave was close and clean but with a little irritation.​

L'Occitane Verbena soap
Feather AS-D1
Feather Blade
Simpsons Chubby 2
Mitchells woolfat
Alum + Distilled witch hazel
L'Occitane Bavx balm
L'Occitane Bavx EDT

Jamie

Great shave lovely set up, two pass shave super smoooooooooooth, rarely if ever can I complain about shaving, always been a enjoyable event for me

001-5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom