Not open for further replies.
Wednesday

neo custom 2 band
Profs Lime soap
Ej bull mastiff + nacet (2)
Alum
Natural Lime A/S
Natural Lime balm

an ok shave - dont think the nacets are doing it for me.

Wednesday Early Morning
Razor: Bassler 5/8 Roundpoint Inox
Brush: Omega 81052 Boar
Soap: Boots Shave Bowl Soap
1yvi53.jpg

More honing practice; stainless steel is somewhat harder, I knew that but this was the 1st time going from bevel to finish. In the end I used a crox strop to squeeze the last bit of sharp out of this razor and it was as sharp as when I got it. Great test shave :)

hs48qd.jpg

Pre-shave: Musgo glycerine soap
Brush: Simpsons Polo 10
Razor: Joseph Rodgers 6/8 near wedge, Undream horn scales
Strop: Scrupleworks
Soap: D.R. Harris Arlington
Bowl: Schwarzweisskeramiek large
A/S splash: -
A/S balm: - Clinique
Moisturizer: -
Cologne: -
Alum: -
Comments: Razor freshly honed on a progression of Honyama, BBW, Roszutec, Coticule - BBS!

Wednesday

E.A. Berg wedge/near wedge, 5/8
Dr. Henk's' Bay Rum with A Twist
David Hayward Design, 22mm two band finest, 48mm loft 'le Tuft' refit
T&H 1805 after shave balm
Diptyque Tam Dao Eau de Toilette

SOTD_03Aug.jpg

L'Occitane Verbena soap
Feather AS D1 + Feather blade
NF Tubby 1
Vulfix Persian musk
distilled Witch hazel + propolis
Coty Raw Vanilla

Jamie

Lovely shave, humidity levels very high. the knife is a very rare swiss Klotzli Spyderco Michael Walker C22, the carbon fibre came from a Sauber F1 car.

002-1.jpg

Wednesday, 3.Ago.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
Semogue 830
Top Secret "lanolizado" shaving cream
7 O'Clock
Derby Extra
Thayers Witch Hazel lavender
Veleiro ASB + Veleiro ASL

P10407882.jpg

This shave is an homage to João dos Anjos - simply a great gentleman. He began to work at Confiança in 1932, as a jack-of-all-trades - and continued to work to the factory during more than 60 years, until he became the heart and soul of the company, in its golden era, doing everything - making soap, composing perfumes and colognes and creating all sort of products.

He is also the creator of the Veleiro and Top Secret shaving creams.

Obrigado, Sr. João dos Santos.

Wednesday 08-03-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - Semogue LE09 - Feather vintage razor - Feather #4 - Pre Myrsol Emulsión - Dr. Harris marlborough shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Truefitt & Hill - ASL TOBS Collection Nº 74 Original.

Afeitado03-08-11002.jpg

Wednesday Evening

Ikon Shavemaster
Gillette 7 o'clock green (3rd)
New Forest 2221
Body Shop Maca Root cream
Trumper Lime Skin food

Very good effort with the Shavemaster tonight. I have to concentrate and listen for it cutting stubble but I am starting to find it's sweet spot.

It has got a few quirks though. I'd be interested to speak to anyone who's used a Pils. One is that it's a bit of a bugger to load a blade into. I find when I tighten the head it's very easy to knock the blade out of alignment. However, it does shave very nicely which is the main thing I suppose.

I'm also find the 7OC green is definitely my favourite blade. I like the yellow too (which is good as I've just got 50) but the green just has that bit extra for me.

It's a good position to be trying Astras, thins, nacets etc from.

Wednesday Night
Razor: Sprock 6/8
Cream: Body Shop Maca Root
Brush: New Forest 2213 Chunky
Result: Smooth and close.
No razor honing today but I did use my new found skills to restore and sharpen the knife. I bought it about 30 years ago aged 11 partly as an act of rebellion towards my parents who had said I couldn't have one. I was at a friends house and we went into town, I'd saved up the money and although the guy in the shop wasn't too happy about it (he offered to let me phone my parents from the shop) I bought it. When I arrived back at my fiends house his mother saw from our faces that we'd been up to something, found out and made me ring my parents. When I got home my dad had me show him it, said they would trust me to be careful with it and gave it back to, me some rebellion huh! Over the following few years it sharpened many sticks and spend a lot of time being thrown at trees. Leaving the carbon steel blade tarnished rusting and blunt, today it is shining and sharp in a way that it hasn't been for many many years. (BTW My son is 11, I offered to buy him a Swiss Army knife he declined!)
2ufbl83.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom