Shave of the day W/C Saturday 30 July 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday

Razor: TV superspeed
Blade: feather
Brush: T1 ivory
Soap: D R Harris Marlborough

What a great shave. I can't even imagine using a balm in weather like this. AS FTW!

Tuesday

Revisor 6/8
le Tuft with 24mm Simpson knot in Super and red Paua Abalone insert
T&H 1805

SOTD_02Aug.jpg

Tuesday

Edwin Jagger DE 89
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Alum

First time with a Shark in the DE89. The Shark is probably the least sharpest blade that I own/use, but even though it seems to stuggle more than say a Swede or a Feather, it actually appears to give a closer shave. Maybe the feeling that it is less sharp makes me subconsciously change my technique?

Ian

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest
Razor: W&B, for barbers use
Super lather: Nannys Ice and a Slice + Palmolive cream
AS: Williams Aqua Velva
Strop: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Another sunny british shave :D
aug2.jpg

Mikael said:
Ahh, what a nice brush K! Bill sure knows what he's doing!! Nice blade too, but that brush is one of a kind and a masterpiece in it's own.

Thank you, Mikael. Yes, Bill's work on this but also on every brush he does is outstanding.

Tuesday 08-02-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - Semogue LE09 Nº 8 - Feather vintage razor - Feather #3 - Pre Myrsol Emulsión - Palmolive shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Massimo Dutti - ASL Physical.

Afeitado02-08-11001.jpg

Tuesday, 2.Ago.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
Semogue SOC 2-band
Veleiro Creme para Barbear
LUSO
Derby Extra
Thayers Witch Hazel lavender
Veleiro ASB

P1040785.jpg

Another smooth shave with the LUSO razor. This razor works very well, despite its flimsy appearance. Very mild, you've got to look out for the angle, because if it's not with the correct one, she doesn't shave at all! But with the correct angle and technique, it delivers a very comfortable, close shave.

Veleiro is an entire range of men grooming products made by the Portuguese company Confiança, a company that is more than a hundred years old. And I didn't used nothing from this range of products for quite a while. But I have to use them more often, 'cos my other half today came close to me and asked "What's that you're wearing today? It smells so good!"
And that is priceless. :heart:

Tuesday Evening

Ikon Shavemaster
Gillette 7 o'clock green (2nd)
New Forest 2221
Nanny's Citrus Zinger
Trumper Lime Skin food
Turkish lemon cologne

Not a bad shave.

Am getting the hang of the Shavemaster more (am going to concentrate on using it during my holiday) but still managed to leave a rough patch on my neck (behind my ear almost) that is an absolute sod to get, and that I miss with every razor!

Overall happy though, it's all experimentation and learning innit!

Lecollier 6/8 wedge, Vie Long 16413, Kell's Lime+Palmshave lime, Tade alun, Mennen Green tonic

P8023964.jpg

A citric scented shave for a warm day, this vielong brush enjoys the creams and glycerin soaps, and the combo I've chosen has given a creamy lather with a fresh scent,....the Lecollier is really effective, the Mennen GT goes well with any citric scent...a friend suggest me this alum stone (tade) and it's better than the Osma and the Hyaline, it feels softer on the skin than others.

Lecollier 6/8 wedge, Vie Long 16413, Kell's Lime+Palmshave lime, Tade alun, Mennen Green tonic

P8023964.jpg

A citric scented shave for a warm day, this vielong brush enjoys the creams and glycerin soaps, and the combo I've chosen has given a creamy lather with a fresh scent,....the Lecollier is really effective, the Mennen GT goes well with any citric scent...a friend suggest me this alum stone (tade) and it's better than the Osma and the Hyaline, it feels softer on the skin than others.

Tonight:

Hot shower
T&H #10, face-lathered with
New Forest Tubby 2
Gillette Slim-Twist
Gillette 7OC Yellow (3)
Nivea ASB

Another quick, comfortable, very decent shave.

Tuesday

Kent T4
Martin de Candre
Fili 13, black scales
R&G L'Homme ASB
Terre d' Hermes

[attachment=3213]​

Attachments

• DSCF0053.jpg
    DSCF0053.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 9
Status