Feather AS-D1
Feather Blade
NF Tubby 1
Truefitt & Hill West Indian limes
Alum Block + Distilled Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Balm
Coty Raw Vanilla

Jamie

Very enjoyable shave, very nice combination, skin looking and feeling great.

001-2.jpg

Saturday

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: SOC, two band
Razor: Gong, extra hollow (feels and looks more like an ordinary hollow, to me)
Super lather: Nannys Ice and a Slice + ARKO cream
AS: Williams Aqua Velva
Strop: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Well, I got some lovely lather today. I never super lather with Nannys, don't see the need for it, but this London water sure eats soap/cream like mad - I loaded twice as much product (actually more with Nannys + almond size dot with ARKO) and got some really nice and chunky lather. Enough for 2 1/2 passes for me and one pass for our boy :D
30juli.jpg

Brush: Le Tuft Resto
Blade: feather (1)
Razor: 80's super adj
Cream: TOBS Jermyn street

First time using floid that a very kind member PIF'd me.

Floid rocks!

RE: Saturday

Mikael said:
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: SOC, two band
Razor: Gong, extra hollow (feels and looks more like an ordinary hollow, to me)
Super lather: Nannys Ice and a Slice + ARKO cream
AS: Williams Aqua Velva
Strop: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Well, I got some lovely lather today. I never super lather with Nannys, don't see the need for it, but this London water sure eats soap/cream like mad - I loaded twice as much product (actually more with Nannys + almond size dot with ARKO) and got some really nice and chunky lather. Enough for 2 1/2 passes for me and one pass for our boy :D
30juli.jpg

Hope you have brought some sunshine for next Saturday!

Saturday 07-30-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - Rooney 1/1 Best Badger - Gillette Rocket Super Speed - 7 O'clock SharpEdge yellow #2 - Pre Myrsol Emulsión - Pré de Provence shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Truefitt & Hill - ASL Royal Copenhagen Musk.

Afeitado30-07-11.jpg

Saturday 30th July

Martin de Candre - Chubby 1 Best - Seehund 5/8 - Merkur HD - Vintage Gillette Platinum - Floid Blue​

I picked up this straight and had it honed by Neil a few months back but only got around to having two shaves with it, for one reason or another, mainly the time I found it took. Seeing as I was at a bit of a loose end this morning I decided I'd give it another go. Seeing as a Merkur HD appears in the list up top you can probably guess it didn't go too well. Half a pass in, quite a few nicks and my lather turning crimson I decided I was feeling far too cack handed today and finished off with the DE. I'll give it another shot tomorrow if my face feels sufficiently recovered, I might have a better chance of getting somewhere when I'm not faced with 2-3 days of stubble.

wmfk2o.jpg

Pre-shave: Musgo glycerine soap
Brush: M and F
Razor: Revisor 5/8 wedge
Strop: Whipped Dog
Soap: Martin de Candre (unscented)
Bowl: Schwarzweisskeramiek XL
A/S splash: -
A/S balm: Biotherm
Moisturizer: -
Cologne: -
Alum: -
Comments: Revisor is a near-wedge, Christmas present therefore a keeper!

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Ever Ready badger
vintage gold Merkur slant/Iridium
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
St Johns Bay Rum cologne

First time trying this latest slant acquisition. Ran into it recently and figured I'd test drive the thing today. The seller mantioned the previous owner having passed away over twenty years ago, so it's older than that I'd imagine. Reminds me of the Pomco and Hoffritz versions, which is a good thing. Nice and heavy with good balance.

BBS results,

Martin

QED lime shave soap

Shavemac D01 brush

Ever ready 1912 w/ gem stainless

Nivea extreme comfort balm

Good shave, especially with the amazing QED lime...

wasee said:
QED lime shave soap

Good shave, especially with the amazing QED lime...

Hi there,

Yeah, that soap has a great scent....used it myself years ago in my 'lime' phase...heh. As you know, his stuff is intense and gives the user a huge blast of uncut Lime EO. What it sorta reminds me of is the CF cream as far as fragrance goes. Actually, the QED may be a little sweeter, but I can't remember for sure. Performance is one of the better small vendor versions.

I have two QED soaps that have been in my rotation for close to five years now. I get em out when nothing else will quite tranquilize that damn oddball and normally asleep monkey. Yeah, I have his Wild Rose and his Sandalwood. Both are kinda tough to come by, especially the Rose. Now that Rose fragrance is crazy strong, and will follow me around for hours.

I went through a 'sandalwood' phase years ago, and the stuff Charles makes is the only item with that scent in my rotation. Huge piercing single note blast of deep woods is what this soap opens up with. No idea where this particular sandalwood EO comes from, but it fits me very well.

Charles is also a pleasure to speak with.......very nice and helpful man.

Martin

Fido said:
Hope you have brought some sunshine for next Saturday!

Indeed I will, I put in the order for it day before yesterday :D Now I only need to buy new maps for my Garmin, the blimey Europe maps are worthless!

Tonight, the cooling stuff:

Hot shower
Proraso white soap, face-lathered with
New Forest Tubby 2
Gillette Slim-Twist
Gillette 7OC Yellow (1, stropped on a towel before first use)
KoS ASB

Two passes with hot water, last pass and neck polish with cold, a fast (12 minutes w/out shower), completely comfortable, utterly clean shave. This, right here, is where it's at. Joyous.

I find that - for me - the "zero pressure" thing just isn't so. It's only a little, but I was for a long time being too dainty.

I haven't seen many of these black pure badger Plissons on the forums - it's this one:

http://draft.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=980228658122186629#editor/target=post;postID=5221382683967032669

But as usual a lovely shave.

7-12.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom