Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 27th November

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mikael said:
Tuesday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Chris 23 mm two banded finest
Razors: Frederick´s and E G Gustavsson (for head)
Soap: Penahaligon´s English fern
AS: Floid
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very close :D
First time with this soap... It gave the best cushion effect I ever had, not as slippery as I would have liked it, but this is a very good soap and I like the scent aswell. With that said, maybe I didn´t get it right and it can be more slipery. I dunno, future will tell ... :lol:
PB300005800x602-1.jpg

Have you noticed as well that most people who have used this newer Penhaligon's soap but not used the older tallow version are more than happy with it, yet there is still an avalanche of slating this newer one by those who have. Wonder how many people have been put off of buying it solely because of that.

RB73 said:
Have you noticed as well that most people who have used this newer Penhaligon's soap but not used the older tallow version are more than happy with it, yet there is still an avalanche of slating this newer one by those who have. Wonder how many people have been put off of buying it solely because of that.

An online aquaintence of mine has been a wet shaver since Moses was a lad. He is quite critical of a great deal of formulation changes, but they are all based on his experiences when he actually uses them.

He was concerned about the Penhaligon's EF reformulation, but when he tried it his conclusion was (and I'm paraphrasing) "it's different, but it's still good".

Ian

RB73 said:

I never used the old formula, but I´ve heard the whining :lol: I think a lot of people has been put off, due to the talk. It´s a _very_ expensive soap compared to others like Nannys and Henks soaps and prefomance wise I couldn´t say it´s much better, cushion effect was impressive though, but Nannys soaps give better glide, I think. I like the scent very much though and I´am happy I bought it (even though cheaper than MSRP).

Tuesday, 11-30-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue 2000 - Flare Tip Shaving Shak - Shark #1 - Pre PREP - TABAC - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Royal Copenhagen Musk + ASB Truefitt & Hill.

Afeitado30-11-10001.jpg

Decided today was time for a change, so I retired the Ikon O/C for a while.
Pre Hot Shower
Shave Oil,
Aluminium Tech/Supermax Blade,
New Forrest Brush,
TOBS Sandalwood Cream,
W/S Hydro ASB,
All worked well, no razor burn or nicks and close shave.

Tuesday

Musgo Real pre-shave soap
Omega 49
Arlington soap
Feather Popular
Red IP x 4 (binned after one stroke, tugged like mad)
Shark SS x 1
Hot Rinse (as per Fidos barber download)
Thayers WH

that ended my first go with the IP's, not overly impressed
would rate them along with Merkur & Derbies but i've only used one so it might be a hasty assesment
the Shark felt the same as well :roll:

Tuesday

Merkur Futur (#6 WTG/XTG, #3 ATG)
Feather
Nanny's Yushu soap
Simpsons Commodore X1
Lloyds Chemist Distilled Witch Hazel
Jasper Conran Man AS Balm
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

A fresh Feather, great soap & the most aggressive of razor settings - one perfect BBS shave. Marvellous :D

Tuesday

Proraso white pre/post
NF Silvertip
MWF
EJ Bull mastiff + Red IP (2)
Thayers
Proraso ASB

A good shave. A couple of spots on my neck, but thats a result of me being spotty at present, nothing to do with the shave.. I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom