Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 27th November

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I found out what all the fuss is about with Aristocrats.. Since I got one now :D

Tqidt.jpg

Lovely piece of kit, hadn't shaved since Friday, so I really needed one!
I got home today and there was a parcel with an Aristocrat in it. (see acquisitions)
Not only are these beautiful razors, they are lovely to shave with ;)
(I was having second thoughts about using a razor this mint, but you only live once!)

All in all, a BBS shave, something I haven't had in a few weeks since I've been playing with straights, this one is definitely going to get used next to my straights :D

Thanks Sharon :D

Max

Monday

Merkur 38C
Iridium
New Forest 2201
Cella
Alum
L'Occitane Cade ASB

I'm switching to evening shaves while this snow is about. It gives me more time in the morning for sweeping/shovelling etc before going to work.

The problem with this is that I have to go ATG, and my face doesn't always enjoy that.

Ian

Sunday Night

Unmarked open comb head, fat tech aluminium handle
Trig (2)
Kent H8
TOBS Almond cream
Alum
The Prof's Grapewood a/s

Nice shave

First day at a new job today, yay. First time wearing a shirt & tie all day for a few years. By the end of the day my neck was red and sore, but only around the areas I shave.

I'll be going for an early morning shave tomorrow and slapping on some balm instead of the usual spalsh, hopefully that will help a bit.

Monday Night:

- Le Tuft UH's Black & Blues set (EJ8x head)
- Voskhod Teflon
- Nanny's New Rose-ish (test piloting)
- Thayers' Rose Witch Hazel
- Kartopu Kolonya group's Gül Suyu, rose water

The lather is as usual, fantastic for slickness, buffer and basically everything performance-related. While the smell is more than just 'acceptable', I think I was possibly spoiled by the 'Real Rose (Otto)' soap's scent, as I keep finding myself trying to identify the scent of this composite fragrance, and then I remember - duh - it's smells like roses.

Tuesday
Gillette Fusion Proglide razor
Simpson Tulip 2 shaving brush
Palmolive shaving soap stick
Old Spice aftershave

Tuesday

Decided to shave before getting in the shower, epic fail, neck Is a mess.

Hot water splash to start
Gillette Mach 3 (4)
Simpsons 57 2 band super
MB Unscented
Ogallala limes and peppercorns

Good morning,

Tuesday

Gillette sensor razor
Nanny's eucalyptus shaving soap
Omega 81230 brush
Proraso AS splash
Boots moisturiser
Hugo Boss Hugo EDT

First go with my new razor. It came with a 3 blade cart loaded and 2 free twin blade carts in the box. I can't really remember, but I must have started shaving with this razor or something similar. Anyway, a very quick and clean shave.

Thanks

Tuesday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Chris 23 mm two banded finest
Razors: Frederick´s and E G Gustavsson (for head)
Soap: Penahaligon´s English fern
AS: Floid
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very close :D
First time with this soap... It gave the best cushion effect I ever had, not as slippery as I would have liked it, but this is a very good soap and I like the scent aswell. With that said, maybe I didn´t get it right and it can be more slipery. I dunno, future will tell ... :lol:
PB300005800x602-1.jpg

Tuesday

Slim Adjustable
Iridium
Boots soap
WS boar
Alum
OS Whitewater

Rough as F###, a car crash of a shave!

1st pass OK, 2nd pass the blade was cutting me and tugging so gave up leaving a rough chin and neck and sore face I thought now that's why I don't like Iridiums! I went to chuck the blade away only to find that the TTO knob had worked loose some how so, everything was feeling a bit raw so decided to leave it there rather than tighten up and try again.

I had checked that the adjuster was still set correctly but didn't think to check it was "closed" properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom