Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 27th November

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning,

No name twin blade disposable razor complete with lubricating strip and swivel head (probably Boots or Asda).
Omega 81230 boar brush
Nanny's eucalyptus shaving soap
Boots moisturiser
Hugo Boss Hugo EDT

The hot water didn't come on this morning, so just a quick scrape today.

Thanks.

Sunday

Merkur 34c
Asco SS Orange
No Name badger brush
Arko stick
Thayers superhazel
Chanel Bleu AS

Excellent shave although after using the Orange Ascos for a week or so I stick by my first opinion on them. They are sharp enough for a comfortable shave but not sharp enough to get as close as a Shark or other sharper blade.

Sunday
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2
Razor: Magent
Soap: Nannys Yushu
AS: Ogallala Lime and Peppercorns
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
After some snow showeling I had a lazy Sunday shave and it was a nice feeling after some hard labour :D. This blade is namned "Magnetic", but I belive it´s a D Peres (the little, errhh, turd pile is his trade mark, if I recall rightly).
PB280014800x600-1.jpg
PB280003800x592-1.jpg

Sunday, 11-28-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Rooney 1/2 Silvertip - British Gillette The New_ #77 Set - Shark #1 - Lavanda shaving cream - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Lavanda + ASB Floïd.

Afeitado28-11-10-1.jpg

Sunday

Slim Adjustable
Super Iridium Blade
Vulfix 2235
Trumpers Sandalwood Cream
Alum
Witch hazel
Azarro Pour Homme Splash

Not been a big fan of Iridiums. I had 2 left so I thought I'd try again, It was a good close shave but still felt rough.

andyjreid said:
. . . Chanel Bleu AS . . .

Had a whiff of the cologne a few weeks ago (probably when it was released). Quite nice.

How does the aftershave compare to other ('regular') aftershaves that are usually mentioned on here?

joe mcclaine said:
andyjreid said:

Had a whiff of the cologne a few weeks ago (probably when it was released). Quite nice.

How does the aftershave compare to other ('regular') aftershaves that are usually mentioned on here?

I've tried a few of the Chanel AS's obviously the scent doesn't last as long as the cologne but as far as an AS goes it's got pretty good longevity.

Chanel AS's in general perform really well. But of a burn, followed by a cooling sensation (which only lasts seconds) and then........nothing. No irritation or nowt. I reckon it performs as well as the likes of the indian old spice kicking about, maybe a little better. However being the price they are, it could be viewed as a luxury item when you can get cheaper which does almost the same job.

andyjreid said:
joe mcclaine said:
andyjreid said:

I've tried a few of the Chanel AS's obviously the scent doesn't last as long as the cologne but as far as an AS goes it's got pretty good longevity.

Chanel AS's in general perform really well. But of a burn, followed by a cooling sensation (which only lasts seconds) and then........nothing. No irritation or nowt. I reckon it performs as well as the likes of the indian old spice kicking about, maybe a little better. However being the price they are, it could be viewed as a luxury item when you can get cheaper which does almost the same job.

My first experiences of Kouros and Antaeus were in aftershave form (before I was even shaving) and I remember them being very nice.

I have been thinking about getting them both for a long while, to go with the cologne versions I have.

joe mcclaine said:
My first experiences of Kouros and Antaeus were in aftershave form (before I was even shaving) and I remember them being very nice.

I have been thinking about getting them both for a long while, to go with the cologne versions I have.

If you have the funds, go for it. I certainly would. I haven't tried any YSL aftershaves but you wouldn't be disappointed with
the Chanel one, especially Antaeus.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

1964 Macys badger
1940s-50s FH Tech/Iridium
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
vintage (1970s) Caron 'Yatagan' Pour Monsieur EdT

All this recent forum talk about the Tech caused me to pull one of my favorites out of the arsenal. I don't use this one very often, and shaving with it today made me realize once again how nice a razor is really is.

The Tech gives me a comfortable and quite close shave. Personally, I think this is a little more aggressive than my fatboy set on #4, but still feels fine on my face.

BBS results,

Martin

Oh, this one came to me in a Star case.

Attachments

• Tech 001.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 39
  • Tech 002.jpg
  • Tech 003.jpg
Sunday

Proraso white pre/post