Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 27th November

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday, 12-03-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Rooney 1/1 Best Badger - British Gillette The New #77 - Polsilver #2 - Pre PREP - Institut de Karité shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Royal Copenhagen + ASB Institut Karité.

Afeitado03-12-10002.jpg

Friday
Razor: Gillette Fusion
Brush: Simpson Tulip 2
Soap: D R Harris Almond
Aftershave: Taylors #74

Has been my regular set-up for quite a while now but getting a bit of an itch for other soaps. I've had a lot in the past, but got rid as soon as a new one came along. Truefitt & Hill Luxury and Trumper's Rose soaps were the first 'quality' (expensive) soaps I bought so might give them another try.

Urban Hermit said:
Thursday Night:

• - Le Tuft Urban Hermit's Black & Blues set
      - Rapira Platinum Lux
      - Briallen's HoneySpice
      - Humphreys Cucumber Melon Witch Hazel
      - last of the Irisch Moos ASL sample from Connaught[/list:u][/list:u]

SotD02-12-2010-004a.png

• Absolutely exquisite! What's the material on the razor/brush set? Is it the same on the other one:

SotD01-12-2010007.png

I love the shaving bowl too.

Mikael said:
Thursday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Custom New Forest silvertip
Razor: Shavemac by Dovo
Soap: Tabac
AS: Tabac
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very clean :D
I set the knot a little high on the brush, 52 mm, but it worked out well :D. Not to floppy and a lovely tabacish lather + a fantastic feeling from the brush made this mornings shave a pleasure. Not a to chabby blade either :lol:
PC010006800x614-1.jpg

You've got quite selection of straights Mikael. How's the balance on that razor?

SiR-ed8 said:
Urban Hermit said:
    • - Le Tuft Urban Hermit's Black & Blues set

• Absolutely exquisite! What's the material on the razor/brush set? Is it the same on the other one:

Urban Hermit said:

I love the shaving bowl too.

• Thanks Ivan. The razor and brush are 'cobalt blue acrylic' and the lather bowl and stand are black walnut; the razor head is from my EJ89L. They were crafted for me by beejay, and they work as splendidly as they look. I wasn't 100% certain what I was looking for from each item, but once I'd bought the brush from beejay off of the B/S/T thread, I just felt that it would go great with a matching razor handle, and then figured, why not an entire set.

After several email exchanges and a couple of phone calls, I had a much better sense of what I wanted out of the set, and beejay was great at combining my ideas and his tweaks of my ideas with his craftsmanship into a fantastic ensemble.

The designs have their practical aspects as well as being cool styles. The pedestal on the bowl makes for a great grip (held like a snifter, cupped in the palm with the pedestal between two fingers), and being wood, it's sturdier than most mugs/bowls will be, so less likely for one of my spasms to send it floor-wards, and less likely to be hurt if it does happen to get dropped. The same goes for the razor handle - the curves and grooves make it very grip-able, and the acrylic, surprisingly, doesn't get as slippery as the lined metal handle of the EJ89L does.
        • This is the first of a series of sets crafted for me by TSR turners, the next (by Henk), should be with me sometime in the relatively near future, barring unforeseen circumstances. I commissioned a rather whimsical set by him, and his work on it so far is pretty impressive - though it's under wraps until fully finished. [/list:u]
              • The third set is going to be by neocaligatio, and again, initial plans have impressed me quite favourably. All three are great gents to work/deal with, and their other projects have all been, in my opinion, exceptional. [/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Friday Night:

• - Le Tuft UH's Black and Blues set (EJ8x razor head)
    - Lord Cool super stainless steel blade
    - Nanny's Rose Otto soft shave soap
    - MICAlum stick
    - Thayers' Rose Witch Hazel
    - Kartopu Kolonya Gül Suyu rose water
    - Booster Lilac ASL[/list:u]

I'm really liking this blade (smoothest I've tried, so far), and soap, and set, and combo.

SiR-ed8 said:
You've got quite selection of straights Mikael. How's the balance on that razor?

Oddly enough it´s good - the scales looks heavy and akward, but they´re not and it sits nicely in my hand.

Razor: Rolls Razor
Cream: TOBS Sandalwood
Brush: Vie-Long 16728

Wring 2x. 2min55. Rework 1st. 3 pass. Sans moisturiser.

Not as overpowering as Progress Sandalwood.

Urban Hermit said:
Thanks Ivan. The razor and brush are 'cobalt blue acrylic' and the lather bowl and stand are black walnut; the razor head is from my EJ89L. They were crafted for me by beejay, and they work as splendidly as they look. I wasn't 100% certain what I was looking for from each item, but once I'd bought the brush from beejay off of the B/S/T thread, I just felt that it would go great with a matching razor handle, and then figured, why not an entire set.

After several email exchanges and a couple of phone calls, I had a much better sense of what I wanted out of the set, and beejay was great at combining my ideas and his tweaks of my ideas with his craftsmanship into a fantastic ensemble.

The designs have their practical aspects as well as being cool styles. The pedestal on the bowl makes for a great grip (held like a snifter, cupped in the palm with the pedestal between two fingers), and being wood, it's sturdier than most mugs/bowls will be, so less likely for one of my spasms to send it floor-wards, and less likely to be hurt if it does happen to get dropped. The same goes for the razor handle - the curves and grooves make it very grip-able, and the acrylic, surprisingly, doesn't get as slippery as the lined metal handle of the EJ89L does.

• This is the first of a series of sets crafted for me by TSR turners, the next (by Henk), should be with me sometime in the relatively near future, barring unforeseen circumstances. I commissioned a rather whimsical set by him, and his work on it so far is pretty impressive - though it's under wraps until fully finished. [/list:u]
          • The third set is going to be by neocaligatio, and again, initial plans have impressed me quite favourably. All three are great gents to work/deal with, and their other projects have all been, in my opinion, exceptional. [/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

• I think you're one of the few I've seen acquire customs from all 3 talented craftsmen. The handle of that razor is by far most ergonomic, functional not to mention very striking. Seeing a masterpiece like that encourages me to start with DE but I've already enough razors as is.

I eagerly await these two additions from master crafters.

Early start at work (which means creeping round the house and trying not to wake anyone)

So a wash and brush up in the downstairs lav had me using:

Aluminium Gilletet Ball End Tech
Super Max Brown Blade (1)
Body Shop soap (no idea what fragrance as it came without a wrapper)

As mentioned on the supermax thread, a pleasant enough shave with no nicks or irritation, not finished with balm or aftershave, just rinsed and ran. Whilst not the sharpest knife in the drawer they do work well and for the price I certainly cant complain. I will see how many shaves I get before the blade goes off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom