Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 27th November

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a fantastic shave.
Having tried the yellow 7 o'clocks and finding them a little irritating, i tried a green. Loaded in the 500 HD rocket. Proraso pre shave after hot face soak, was then followed with a wonderful bowl full of Nanny's citrus Zinger whipped up and applied with NF2211.
Well the shave was sublime. Smooth, clean and trouble free. No irritation and after applying alum and Proraso AS.
Very very enjoyable. :D
The green's and the 500HD seem a good partnership, that will be repeated.

Tuesday Night:

• - 1941 Gillette Ranger Tech
      - Voskhod Teflon
      - Nanny's EucalypTea Tree
      - Three Carnations No 2 Barber Extra Horse
      - Humphreys Cucumber Melon Witch Hazel
      - Kartopu Kolonya Tütün as ASL[/list:u][/list:u]

Wednesday
Razor: Gillette Mach 3
Brush: Simpson Tulip 2
Soap: D R Harris Almond
Aftershave: -----------
Cologne: Diptyque Tam Dao

Wednesday

Gillette Mach 3
Simpsons 57 2 band
MB Brute

Well it's proven, I'm just sensitive to fragrance, first time in a while using a scented MB and my neck feels like it's on fire. Can't use balms one cream isn't to bad and aftershave leaves me uncomfortable all day (yesterday), stand by for a balm and AS sale!

My first shave of the day post,

Boots cheapo DE Razor with supplied blades
New New Forest Brush
Nannys Ice and Slice Cream

What a difference a good brush and soap makes got a really good lather and a decent shave,still working on my technique.
2 passes as i still don't seem to be getting the hang of doing my chin.

Many thanks to Pete and Sharon for the excellent service and emails.
Thanks to antdad for the lather tutorial really helped.
Scotty

Wednesday

Futur
Bleue Extra (4)
New Forest 2201
MWF
Ogallala Bay Run & Sandalwood AS
Dr Henk's Bay Rum with a twist ASB.

I have a problem creating a lasting lather with the Ogallala soap, but the whole range of the AS is fast becoming a favourite for me! I love the way they smell and the effects they have post shave! Very highly recommended.

Have a good one,

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

1964 Macys badger
1955 President/Iridium
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
vintage Caron 'Yatagan' Pour Monsieur EdT

This particular President turns out not to fit me as well as others I've tried. No idea why that is, but it's not unexpected since it happens sometimes. Oh well, looks like this one may go in the BST at some point.

Still a nice shave though, and left with BBS results,

Martin

Wednesday 1st December

Dutch Moss - NF2201 - Gillette Slim on 3 - Gillette Bleue (2) - Ogallala Bay Rum L&P

First shave since Sunday when I made a bit of a mess of my neck and ended up with a few ingrowns. Tried changing lots of different things at once and paid the consequence. I used a new brush, tried massaging the lather into a dry face, the method shaving cutting forms and did all this with a slant. Not clever. So it was back to basics today and much better for it. Lesson learnt. :oops:

Good morning,

Wednesday

Gillette sensor razor
Omega 81230 brush
Nanny's eucalyptus shaving soap
Proraso AS splash
Hugo Boss Bottled EDT

Getting low level warnings on the silly soap, it's spoiled me for most other soaps (tabac excepted). Wonder what flavour I'll try next....

Wednesday

Imperial Shavette
WS blade
WS Boar brush
Palmolive
Alum
Tabac ASL

1st proper shave with a shavette and although it bit me once I would say that I was impressed. The slight bite was due to angle and not re-lathering a bit I went over again and could have happened with real straight too.

It certainly did the job and considering its such a cheap piece of kit, I'd say it was value for money, I can see me using it quite a lot.

scottymac said:
My first shave of the day post,

Boots cheapo DE Razor with supplied blades
New New Forest Brush
Nannys Ice and Slice Cream

What a difference a good brush and soap makes got a really good lather and a decent shave,still working on my technique.
2 passes as i still don't seem to be getting the hang of doing my chin.

Many thanks to Pete and Sharon for the excellent service and emails.
Thanks to antdad for the lather tutorial really helped.
Scotty

I had the same problems with my chin until i watched this. this is how i now do it.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=544" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=544</a><!-- l -->

Hope this helps. :D :shave

Wednesday (soap and brush test day)
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Custom New Forest in two band with slightly higher loft than a regular 2201
Razor: Heljestrand B K 42
Soap: Honey Spice by Elain
AS: Old Spice Fresh Lime
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
This soap is a keeper! Very good lather (worked it in a bowl for 2-3 min), I think it´s a lot of clay in it and it has a really good slippery feeling to it. Dry it smelled of spice and honey and when wet I thought it smelled more of clay + spices and I liked it a lot :shave. Staying power was very good, I was affraid it would dry out (looked a little dry towards the end) but it never did and when whiped up again it was super! This blade is sharp, like REALLY sharp :shock: :D. Brush worked out very nice, but I´m a little worried that my NF custom silvertip brush´ll have a to high loft. Stay toned...
PB300007800x674-1.jpg

Wednesday

Muhle R41 OC
Derby Extra (3)
Grosvenor 404 Bodger
Arko (Stick) Soap

Tabac AS
Nivea ASB

Face lathered and enjoyed another wonderful Winter shave!

The hardware is a given for me but the Arko, in both stick and bowl form, is perfect for the Winter. The 404 Bodger, what can you say?

I'm more than very happy with this series of shaves.

:shave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom