Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 27th November

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday

Acca Kappa 1869 SC/Vie Long 16726 finest badger/Weishi Gunmetal with Supermax Platinum/Weleda ASB/Classic EDT

P1140570.jpg

Arrowhead said:
Mikael said:
Soap: Honey Spice by Elain ... This soap is a keeper! ...[/img]
Ha - thought you'd like it Mikael :D

Yep, you where right. And to be honest, I wouldn´t buy any soap right now (I´ll have to buy a new cabinet for the bathroom first, serioulsy), but I´ll buy it if Elaine gets it out. Da good stuff :hungrig

Wednesday, 12.1.10

Aura Glow as a Pre Shave Oil
Gibbs marinha frescura Shave Cream
New Forest #2211 Finest Silvertip
Bowdin's Wedge 9/16ths
Tony Miller Artisan Strop 25 Linen/ 50 Latigo
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Nivea AS Balm Sensitive
Pinaud's Lilac Vegetal

I've been going back and forth with this little wedge blade all week, trying to achieve Coticule success with it. I've finally done it, and as the Beatles sing... "I get by with a little help from my friends..."
So I now know the least of what the coticule is capable of, and I'm very pleased. I'll still need to keep my nose to the grindstone, as there's still much to be learned, but right now I'm happy, and looking for continued improvement. But I must say that today's shave was as good as any..
The Gibbs cream is one of my favorites... Stropping on Latigo is not, but TM's linen component is nice.
The Veg always provides a nice finish to what was today, a superb shave!

IMG_2541-2.jpg

Wednesday Night:

• - Le Tuft Urban Hermit's Black & Blues brush & bowl
      - 1941 Gillette Ranger tech
      - Nanny's Ice & a Slice v.4.0 (?)
      • ... with Goat Milk; without Clay[/list:u]
        - Rapira Swedish Steel super stainless
        - MICAlum deodorant stick
        - Thayers' Lemon Witch Hazel
        - Prof Blighty's Grapewood ASL[/list:u][/list:u]
        • Having been out walking, limping, and twisting my spine in the deep, heavy packin' snow earlier today, I decided to cool off with Nanny's latest Ice & a Slice formulation. The inclusion of the goat milk, and the exclusion of the clay makes an already great soap, even better in my opinion; less drying, more moist, more slick, more after-slip, and it's just as easy to whip into a voluminous, voluptuous, almost statuesque lather - if not even easier[/list:u]

The Russian Swede (Rapira), was not too bad. Not as nice as the Teflon Voskhod of the past two nights' shaves, but less irritation than most Gillette NOS/Swedes I've tried a few times, but that's maybe just me....

SotD01-12-2010007.png

EDIT: added picture.

Wednesday

6/8 Royal Warmar
TOBS Lemon & Lime cream
Simpsons Commodore X1
Llloyds Chemist Distilled Witch Hazel
Boots Essentials AS Balm
Aqua Velva Musk AS Cologne

Wednesday

New Forest 2201
Fatboy / Feather

Sunbury Soap mk. 2: lime
Taylor's St James aftershave

I'd forgotten what a class act the Fatboy is with the right blade: that was a very close shave for a safety razor. Steve's new soap is good stuff producing nice creamy lather, and it smells much better this time round ;)

Wednesday, 12-01-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Rooney 1/3 silvertip - British Gillette The New set #77 - Shark #2 - Pre PREP - Mitchell's Wool Fat - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASB Weleda.

Afeitado01-12-10001.jpg

Mikael said:
Wednesday (soap and brush test day)
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Custom New Forest in two band with slightly higher loft than a regular 2201
Razor: Heljestrand B K 42
Soap: Honey Spice by Elain
AS: Old Spice Fresh Lime
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
This soap is a keeper! Very good lather (worked it in a bowl for 2-3 min), I think it´s a lot of clay in it and it has a really good slippery feeling to it. Dry it smelled of spice and honey and when wet I thought it smelled more of clay + spices and I liked it a lot :shave. Staying power was very good, I was affraid it would dry out (looked a little dry towards the end) but it never did and when whiped up again it was super! This blade is sharp, like REALLY sharp :shock: :D. Brush worked out very nice, but I´m a little worried that my NF custom silvertip brush´ll have a to high loft. Stay toned...
PB300007800x674-1.jpg

Love the Heljestrand there. What grind is it? Frenchpoint?

Thursday

Gillette Mach 3 (6)
Simpsons 57 2 band Super
MB unscented

Well the snows here in Dorset. Tomorrows shave I'm going to test the addition of witch hazel.

SiR-ed8 said:
Love the Heljestrand there. What grind is it? Frenchpoint?

It´s a sweet blade and it´s a 1/2 hollow, very rare the B K Helje blades, I love it. If possible, it´s even more stiff than a regulare Helje and you have to be light on the hand when shaving or it´ll punish your skin and you´ll feel flogged for a day.

Pedro: I love those Kiebtz. Such sweet blades. I only have had two and one of them was really cool (never touched my chin though, it had a gold wash and a worked spine). Very nice scales often, it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom