Predopo Proraso
LiJün&1980 Finest
Cella Crema Sapone
Gillette Slim Adjustable
Gillette Bleue Extra
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Institut Karité Baume Après Rasage Hydratant

P1030465.jpg

Tried Cella for the first time. Wow! Just Wow!
Lots of protection and slickness, and very hydrating too! I AM impressed!

Did you purchase the Cella in that rather nice container? Please elaborate on your very nice container :cool:

Wednesday

Ever-Ready 1912
GEM Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
'John Lewis' Shaving Soap
Alum
Nivea Cool Kick asb

Better shave with the 1912 this time. Hardly any alum sting.

Ian

Palmolive ss
Boots razor and blade
Erasmic brush
One planet balm
Tobs st James asl

Travel set up today. First time using the ss and cheap brush. Not the best but will do.

Wednesday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson X2L in two band, aka Eshan
Razor E A Berg in ivory scales
Soap: MdC
AS: Aqua Velva
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
That was a nice one! Very nice blade this, not as stiff as the Swedes usually are, more like a good delicate Solingen blade. The MdC soap is truly wonderful.
021800x593.jpg

Yes I did it.

Enders first time shave - close; blade is on top of the T&E box. I scored several boxes of NOS blades in a deal, deal. Will post questions on SE Razors if anyone is an Enders user I'd like to chat. Dudgy do have a hstory line on these, here in the states?

I felt the Aqua Velva. Wonderful effortless lather making in a pottery bowl and an outstanding brush that is so soft and it hasn't seen 15 shaves (14). Next time I use this razor, I'm gonna perform a good face lathering of soft English soap on my 404 Bodger. Nanny's Herby One or the Professor's Coconut. Decisions, decisions. Fish or cut bait

All the best, Robert

Attachments

• SOTD 1 March 2011.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 20
Wednesday:

Hot towl
Merkur 34c
Derby blade
Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Cyril Salter Luxury Shaving Cream (Indian Sandalwood)
Witch Hazel (distilled from Boots chemist)
Kings Face Balm (Black pepper and sandalwood)

Was somewhat sleepy this morning and thought I had used to much water making my lather, turned out I hit the sweetspot so mental note made i can use a little bit more water in my lather.

As I was sleepy I was somewhat lighter in my touch of the razor, gave me a good two pass shave with a little j-hooking arround my chin.

Not sure on the balm yet but it is growing on me, but prefer the coral skin food.

Wednesday 2nd March

Martin de Candre Savon à Raser - Semogue 2010 Custom Boar - Gillette NEW #88 - Shark Super Stainless (2) - Bulldog Post Shave Balm - Aqua Velva AS

Shaving doesn't get any better than this.

Wednesday:

Merkur Slant
Treet Platinum
Acqua di Parma cream
Muhle brush
Bulldog asb

Revisited the AdP cream sample today - it smells gorgeous but I find it dries the skin a bit. My slant never lets me down though - smooth and efficient as always :)

Jos

mstrunck said:
oversaturn said:
Wednesday, 02.Mar.2011

Predopo Proraso
LiJün&1980 Finest
Cella Crema Sapone
Gillette Slim Adjustable
Gillette Bleue Extra
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Institut Karité Baume Après Rasage Hydratant

P1030465.jpg

Tried Cella for the first time. Wow! Just Wow!
Lots of protection and slickness, and very hydrating too! I AM impressed!

Did you purchase the Cella in that rather nice container? Please elaborate on your very nice container :cool:

Hi mstrunk!Thank you for your appreciation!
These containers are just "Grundtal" boxes from IKEA. You can see them here. They are quite good, they are made of stainless steel and with transparent lids (the lids are made of stainless steel and polycarbonate).
The trick is to print an image of the soap (in this case, Cella) and put the printed image inside the lid, facing out.

Here's another example of mine (Valobra):

p1020820c.jpg

Hope you like them! :)

oversaturn said:
Hi mstrunk!Thank you for your appreciation!
These containers are just "Grundtal" boxes from IKEA. You can see them here. They are quite good, they are made of stainless steel and with transparent lids (the lids are made of stainless steel and polycarbonate).
The trick is to print an image of the soap (in this case, Cella) and put the printed image inside the lid, facing out.

Here's another example of mine (Valobra):

p1020820c.jpg

Hope you like them! :)

Perfect! My family will love my purchases of shaving related goods now. My wife for a trip ti IKEA in general, and my son for the meatballs they serve :lol: All of a sudden everybody loves shaving :D

Have you only fitted soft soaps, or is it possible to fit hard tripple milled soaps as well?

/Max

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom