Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 26th Feb 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
IanM said:
Ids said:
In all fairness it didn't irritate think the problem is me, I'm a face latherer and this suits the bowl me thinks.

Given how your skin reacts, I would be tempted to forget face lathering completely. When the brush first hits your face, the product on the brush can be in a fairly undiluted state, which is probably not ideal.I don't have particularly sensitive skin, but I do have to be very careful when face-lathering with creams.

Ian

That´s prob what happened to me when I face althered MWF and got a bad rash... Maybe I´ll try and bowl lathere some next time, I really don´t want to give up MWF!

Shogun superbadger Onyx handle : Jose Monserrat Pou 14 "Medallon Taurino" : T&H Grafton SC : Eau Emeraude lotion : Vetiver de Guerlain EdT

P3012406.jpg

Tuesday midday.

Musgo Real Glyce lime oil soap
Hot flannel
Gilette Slim adjustable
Supermax stainless (1)
Kent BK2
RSC cream, bowl-lathered
Boots witch hzel
Nivea Sensitive A/S balm

3 passes: WTG on 4, WTG on 6, XTG on 4, plus tidy-ups on 2.

Result: DFS, almost a BBS.

I decided to try a Mantic-style uberlather today by rubbing the wet brush on the lime oil soap to get lots of suds, then combining that in the bowl with my Real Shave Co. cream. The result was a thirsty lather that took quite a bit of water and mixing, but what lather! I've had lather as creamy as that before, but never as lubricating. My second WTG pass (despite having cranked the slim up to 6) was so smooth that I checked the blade was exposed properly. Whether the comfort of this shave was down to the uberlather, changing the blade type, or (more likely) a bit of each is something I'll have to experiment with, but that was a great shave!

Pre-shave:
shower, then facewash with aqueous cream

Shaving gear:
Men-u pure bristle brush
Boots Cool Cologne Lather Shaving Cream
Merkur 33 [PIF'd by Steve27752 - cheers :D ]
Astra Superior Platinum

Post-shave:
Aqueous cream (again!)

Not a sophisticated set up, I know, but what a great shave :!: Having only been DE-shaving for two weeks, I got a bit carried away and took 20 minutes this morning - a bit of a Zen thing - and ended up 2 x WTG, 1 x XTG, a little ATG under the chin and touch-up on the neck. In fact, I got so carried away, I forgot what I was doing, tried a old Mach 3 technique under my nose, and was brought back down to earth with a tiny slice above my upper lip. However, the overall result was a very, very good shave, no irritation, and a tad better than my "old" shaves with a Mach 3. I am a happy chappy :D :D

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields whitecap
1958 Executive/Rotbart
Monsavon SS (thanks Max)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
vintage Ungaro2 EdT

First time using this soap, although I've read about the stuff before. Max was nice enough to send me out a puck and I'm glad he did. Very good performer, and now one less monkey on my back...........heh.

I believe the local neighborhood cats will be following me around today. The Ungaro has a strong civet note, which is pretty unusual but enjoyable.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• Ungaro.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 80
Tuesday
Gillette Fusion ProGlide
Simpson Duke 2 in Best
Palmolive stick
Blenheim Bouquet EDT

Palmolive stick, nuff said.

Tuesday Night

//New Forest 2211//Merkur 34G HD + Iridium Super(2)//Art Of Shaving Sandalwood Shave Cream//Prof Blighty's Lime Aftershave + Balm//

IMG_0850 by Madhighlander99, on Flickr

I asked Martin if he could add some extra lime to the aftershave and balm and all i can say is WOW!.What a great scent and they have left my face silky smooth. :D :D

Mark

Tuesday

5/8 Friedrich Herder Solingen
Boots Original shave stick
Simpsons Commodore X1
Razorock Alum stick
Jasper Conran Man AS Balm
Blue Stratos AS

Kent T4
Monsavon SS
Puma 6/8 Friseur Freund No 1
Roger & Gallet L'Homme ASB
Terre d' Hermes

Attachments

• DSCF0054.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 31
Bit late with this it was a hetic morning/day.

Tuesday:

Hot towl
Merkur 34c
Derby blade
Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Cyril Salter Luxury Shaving Cream (Indian Sandalwood)
Witch Hazel (distilled from Boots chemist)
Kings Face Balm (Black pepper and sandalwood)

Good smooth shave, not sure about the face balm yet but will give it a few days try out.

Tuesday

White proraso pre/post
NF silvertip
MWF
Merkur HD + gillette nacet (1)
Thayers superhazel
Proraso ASB

result: very smooth, little irritation. 1st time with the nacet blades, 1st pass was effortless, the 2nd was not - think I was a bit more atg, than xtg.

Tuesday,03- 01-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Vie-Long Professional horse hair - Merkur 25C - Polsilver #3 - Pre 3P - The Body Shop Maca Root shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Floïd + AsL Pinaud Clubman Vanilla.

Afeitado01-03-11002-1.jpg

Wednesday, 02.Mar.2011

Predopo Proraso
LiJün&1980 Finest
Cella Crema Sapone
Gillette Slim Adjustable
Gillette Bleue Extra
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Institut Karité Baume Après Rasage Hydratant

P1030465.jpg

Tried Cella for the first time. Wow! Just Wow!
Lots of protection and slickness, and very hydrating too! I AM impressed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom