Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 26th Feb 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtf... ok who backs up here? :evil: :lol: ... Edited: OK, that´s fine with me (i´ll try and delete my thread).
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Shavemac D01
Razor: Les tres Croix
Soap: MWF
AS: Prada
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
It´s a fact, I can´t stand MWF ... 4 inches wide rash on the chin and a major wood fire feeling when I aplied the AS. Razor was excellent though. No more lanolin for me, I guess :cry:
023655x800.jpg

WELL !!! Today was my first shave without a Mach3 !!! And it went better than I expected.

Col Conk Amber
WS Bristle Brush (Cheapo soon to be replaced)
Gem SE
Trumpers Coral Skin Food
Floris No89

I watched a few videos on youtube and read a few things with thanks to Hando. I ended up with only one very small nick and a couple of blood spots. Resulting shave is very good nice and close. After the first pass with the grain I tried a second across the grain and then a very very brief venture into against. It was a very very light handed affair.

Overall VERY pleased with the results, obviously need to get use to it more, and also need to improve my technique.

But YES !!!!!!! I Like it !!!!!!

Mikael said:
Wtf... ok who backs up here? :evil: :lol: ... Edited: OK, that´s fine with me (i´ll try and delete my thread).
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Shavemac D01
Razor: Les tres Croix
Soap: MWF
AS: Prada
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
It´s a fact, I can´t stand MWF ... 4 inches wide rash on the chin and a major wood fire feeling when I aplied the AS. Razor was excellent though. No more lanolin for me, I guess :cry:
023655x800.jpg
Thats a SUPERB pic,Mikael!

Saturday

SOTD_26Feb.jpg

I attempted to shave with my new straight, did perhaps 15-20% of my face with it, then switched back to my DE.
No nicks, no cuts, but I find the placement of my fingers and hands in handling the straight still tough to master.
Should persevere but with all the rush every am during weekdays I don't see this being a fast process.

King of shaves face wash.
Simpsons special best badger brush
Nanny's Rose & Geranium shaving soap.
Muehle R89 with personna red.
Men-U AS balm
Azzaro Acteur Edt

A really good shave today, without any nicks whatsoever, used the newly arrived Acteur for the fist time today, really nice Rose scent.

Saturday, 02-26-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Rooney 1/3 Silvertip - Gillette Rocket HD500 - Israeli Personna #2 - Pre PREP - Institut Karité shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Institut de Karité + ASL Bowling Green.

Afeitado26-02-11001-1.jpg

Saturday

Merkur 33G
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Taylor's Sandalwood Shaving Cream
Alum
L'Occitane Cade asb

Afternoon shave, as Mrs.M and I dined and stayed at the http://www.alderleyedgehotel.com last night. We should have done it 2 weeks ago, but I knackered my hand and we postponed it.

Popped up to John Lewis in Cheadle, and bought the Taylor Sandalwood and also a cake of their own (made for Progess Vulfix) soap.

The cream is the paraben free version, but it works just as well as the old version, in my opinion.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom