Sunday

Gillette Ball End Tech, English
Red Personna (2)
EJ Med Pure
Omega Cream

Proraso AS
Proraso ASB

Three pass, face lather.

A vast improvement on yesterday's facial fiasco. Smooth as silk and suitably bracing thanks to the wonderful Omega/Proraso combination. The EJ pure brush (not used for about a year) was really most excellent.

I think that the bristles of my 404 Bodger need a good clean.

All in all, delighted!
:shave

Sunday, 27.Fev.2011

Predopo Proraso
Semogue 1305
Mühle Sea Buckthorn
Mühle R89
Personna Continente
Thayers Whitch Hazel Lemon
Institut Karité Baume Après Rasage Hydratant

P1030448.jpg

I really like this Mühle soap!

Sunday

W/sword from Boots De Razor *
W/Sword Brush *
Astra Superior Platinum Blade
Arko Shave Stick
Real Shave Men's Soothing Shave Balm
Tommy Hilfiger Cologne (found in back of the cupboard during clearout yesterday)

(* Have to start somewhere)

Well gave yesterday a miss to let my face settle down, was going to Mach3 today as going out this afternoon but thought what the hell if people are going to stare at me wobbling round on crutches they can stare at the blotchy face as well :lol:

Anyway, I used the old W/Sword blade to shave a few bits off the Arko stick into my lather bowl, I found I needed a little more water than with the W/Sword Blue Bowl soap but this made a lot nicer smoother lather in less time than the W/Sword.
Prepared with a hot water face wash using what ever bar of soap we have in the bowl (wife gets what ever is on offer at the time)
I did two passes WTG and 1 XTG, not a close as I had with the Mach3 BUT I have resigned myself to not being as close whilst I learn. I went a little slower today thinking more about the angles and trimming the bristle rather than hack it off as short as I can as fast as I can - its hard to remove the old bad habits and muscle memory from them cart razors.
Rinsed with ice cold water, applied the Balm which felt rather nice, then a few sprays of the Cologne.
No need of the pencil this morning as not sign of blood, came down stairs and the wife asked if I had given up and used my old blade cos I wasn't all red this morning. Shouldn't have changed the blade and soap at the same time but they are the two things you lot have been saying are a no no.

Had a problem desciding which blade to go for so let my 6 year daughter make the descision for me

Anyway both the wife and myself are happy with the cut today

shower prep
Nannys Lime soap
EJ 89
Boots (personna?) blade
men u brush
One planet asb
TOBS St James asl

First time with the EJ, very nice piece of kit- nicely weighted and gave a smooth shave, soap woke me up nicely aswell, great stuff.... :cool:

Sunday:

Edwin Jagger de87
Treet Platinum
Palmolive stick + Erasmic cream
Muhle brush
Bulldog post shave balm
Acqua di Parma Colonia AS

After Friday's underwhelming first use of the new Edwin Jagger, and no time for a shave yesterday, it was time for a second attempt. Thinking that maybe the EJ doesn't suit the Tiger blade, I swapped it for a Treet Platinum, and took my time with a leisurely 3 passes and slight touch up.

That's more like it! Much smoother and more satisfying, and finished with a splash of AdP Colonia :D . Sweet!

Jos

Sunday
Gillette Fusion ProGlide
Simpson Tulip T2 two-band Super
D R Harris Almond shaving soap
Blenheim Bouquet eau de Cologne

Another fine shave with my Dorco 300 blade, with a little help from Jagger Chatsworth, M de C and a very nice two band brush - plus a soothing Body Shop balm.

And I must stop faceturbating. And purring.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields whitecap
1958 Executive/Rotbart
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
vintage Aramis 'Havana' EdT

Having tried one a few months ago, I wanted to revisit this blade. It was as I remembered.......on the medium sharp side and smooth. It's a little milder than the Iridium and I noticed having to go over a few spots more than usual. No tugging though and quite forgiving. I can see how many people would like these Russian made blades.

BBS results,

Martin

Mikael said:
Sunday
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest, Tubby 2
Razor: Shavemac, by Dovo and a DE Merkur for head
Soap: Cella
AS: Code
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Clean enough :)
Skin still felt irritated, after yesterdays lanolin chock and I couldn´t get really close on my right chin/neck. Still a nice and lazy Sunday morning shave and the doom´s clean too :D
007800x590.jpg

That brush looks superb Mikael. Nice pic!

Sunday, 02-27-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Rooney 1/3 Silvertip - Gillette Aristocrat #58 - Astra Superior Platinum #1 - Pre PREP - Cella shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Institut de Karité + ASL Pinaud Clubman Vanilla.

Afeitado27-02-11-1-1.jpg

fozz77 said:
That brush looks superb Mikael. Nice pic!

Thanks Fozz! Peters new one looks and feels really nice, I think the quality of the handle is excellent, as is the bristels. Very nice brush.

Andy: Wow, nice SOTD/blade! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom