Thursday

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Henks oak handle silvertip 21 mm brush
Razor: Revisor
Soap: Nannys Ice and a Slice
AS: Aqua Vera
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Somehow Neil has made his edges even better, this was both ultra sharp and smooth at the same time, indeed. What a shave! :D
021800x624.jpg

Feather AS-D1
Feather Blade
NF Tubby 1
Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes
Alum Block
L'Occitane Cade balm + Propolis
Coty Raw Vanilla Eau de cologne

Jamie.

Todays shave was splendid, just a little about the raw vanilla eau de cologne, the scent is quite simular to my L'Occitane Bavx EDT, along with the west indian limes I came away feeling as if I just stepped on some exotic Island in the Caribbean, I love the rich sweet sticky scents this shave brought to my nose, simular to a lovely pumpkin cheese cake, anyway two pass shave minor touch up, felling just fine.

001-2.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Feather
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
vintage Caron 'Yatagan' AS (1970s version)
vintage Caron 'Yatagan' EdT (1970s version)

This fragrance has been reformulated over the years, and the juice used this morning is a good bit different than the current version. I'm sorta hoarding these small two ounce bottles and only use em when the call is too strong to resist...heh.

BBS results,

Martin

Thursday

Merkur 33G
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Tabac Soap Stick
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Last shave for that blade. Different combo tomorrow, methinks.

Ian

Thursday morning:

Crabtree & Evelyn Pour Homme soap
Edwin Jagger pure badger brush
Edwin Jagger DE87
Treet Super blade
Armani Acqua di Gio ASB

Nice way to start the day

Thursday 06-30-11.

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Rooney 1/3 silvertip - Gillette Rocket HD 500 - Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge (yellow) #1 - Pre JASÖN - Cella shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1 - ASL Myrsol Antesol.

Afeitado30-06-11001-1.jpg

Very early this morning:

EJDE89
Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (3)
Vulfix Mix
Men U cream
One Planet Balm
Gucci Sport EDT

This was the last of the small Men U cream tube that came with my first shaving brush. It was the first cream I tried when I started DE shaving. Performed well today, probably moved on from this cream now but nice scent and a nice reminder of those first tentative steps into financial ruin errrrrr I mean the beautiful world of creams, soaps, balms, lotions, colognes, brushes etc etc. Great stuff.

Gillette NEW w/ gillette 7 o' clock super platinum

Semogue 730

QED lime shave soap

finish with tibet cold cream

felt some irritation at the start, near top of cheeks, but at the end face felt nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom