Shave of the day W/C Saturday 25 June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feather All Stainless Razor with Feather Blade
Vulfix 404 Brush
Trumpers Rose Shaving Cream
D R Harris Arlington Aftershave Milk

3 days worth of stubble cleared in 2 passes (95% of it in first pass - I love this razor!!!). Best shave in quite a while.

No head shave today (or the last 3 days) as I've hurt my neck and it's too painful to manouvre the razor.

Thursday
Plisson 14 HWM brush/Calani Oriental Plum SS/Muhle R89 with Gillette Bleue/Weleda Balsam
P1220076.jpg

Thursday Evening (Pre-gloaming):

• - Le Tuft Urban Hermit's ReSykes
    • ~ razor (English Gillette Tech-head)
      & brush (Vulfix Banded-dyed boar knot)
    - Gillette (Russian) Minora Platinum blade
    - Nanny's Ice & a Slice cre-oap
    - MICAlum stick
    - Thayers' Lavender witch hazel
    - Boosters' Iced Lime ASL

Blyth Spirit said:
Thursday AM

Merkur 11c
Merkur SS (2)
NF 2201
Tabac Soap Stick

Nivea ASB
Forest Fresh AS
Blyth,
Is the 11c a 2-piece twist to open like the HD and Slant? Can you compare it to the Muhle R41 with the same head? Cheers

N_Architect said:
One of the arguments against face lathering is exactly this: that the shave cream or soap, when placed directly on your skin, may interact and create reaction. In your case, you need to check this out as there is perhaps sufficient evidence to raise suspicions on something like this happening.

Give your skin a quick rest, stick to one soap/cream and go back to bowl lathering, then observe what changes may come into effect.

Thanks for the reply :). Due to work pressure I've had two shaves since you posted this without being on the forum, and actually it just seems to have been a random outbreak - all cleared up again, at least so far. The only spot I have left today is on my lower lip, which actually argues against the face-lather theory (since lather is only applied there after fully mixed, as it's inside my goatee and there's no space to build lather there).

I'll carry on for the moment and if I do break out again will do as you suggest.

Shaves:

Weds night/Thurs morning (1:45 am, late night's work):
hot shower
palmolive stick, face-lathered
NF Tubby 2
Jagger DE89
Gillette 7OC Yellow (2)
GFT limes skin food

Two passes only due to need to get to bed - one down, one atg (left). Surprisingly decent shave, though I felt the lack of an "up" pass on my cheeks.

Tonight:
hot shower
GFT almond cream, face-lathered
NF Tubby 2
Jagger DE89
Gillette 7OC yellow (3)
Nivea ASB

Did slightly more passes than planned (three and a half) and got away with it. Excellent shave.

This will be my set-up for tomorrow guys. Unusual to shave on a Friday, but had no choice this week...

GB Kent T4
Martin de Candre :angel:
Filarmonica 13, white scales
Roger et Gallet L'Homme
EdT has as yet not been appointed. But will be at dawn, given the weather situation, mood and so on....!

[attachment=2975]

Attachments

• DSCF0054.jpg
    DSCF0054.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 3
EJDE89
Gillette 7 o clock yellow (4)
Vulfix mix
Maca root
L'Oréal balm - head
Ogallala bay rum and sandalwood - face
GFT sandalwood cologne

Very nice shave

Friday

Trumper Razor (EJ Chatsworth Clone - Merkur Head)
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Tabac Soap Stick
Clinique Post Shave Soother

A shave that reminded me that this Trumper razor is my favorite.

Ian

Friday

Prep: Hot shower (and Proraso for head)
Brush: Polo 8
Razors: E A Berg, frameback for and a british Ever Ready fior the head
Soap: Provence Santé
AS: Italian Floid, blue
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

My God these framebacks usually takes a mean edge, it´s hyper sharp, but it´s also so smooooth that I didn´t feel the sharpnes :D
004800x642.jpg

One of the cats came in when I was shaving though and telling me to open her door (she´s a talker and she nags loudly ;)):
003800x474.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Feather
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
Jacomo de Jacomo EdT (think oakmoss/patchouli)

BBS results,

Martin

Friday

Eclipse day again, and no shave this morning.

But I'm planning a hopefully nice SOTD shot for tomorrow which may perhaps awaken Mikael's' cats from their long and boring sleep... :p

Now that I think of it again, a few straights acquired in the last two months but no frameback in the collection... Hmmm...

Nice one there, Mikael.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom