Not open for further replies.
Feather AS-D1
Feather blade
Simpsons Chubby 2
St James Mandarin & Patchouli cream
Alum block
St James Cedarwood & Clarysage balm + Propolis
St James Cedarwood & Clarysage Eau de cologne

Lovely shave Chubby 2 went into overdrive with the lather, two pass shave, with minor touch up, still only using the feather blade for two maybe three shaves, cannot believe the weather, it's been a awful summer so far, the UK is a great country with great people, the only trouble is it's in the wrong part of the world!

Jamie.

001.jpg

Saturday:

Started off with Czech & Speake #88 soap and Semogue 830 boar brush for one pass - but something wasn't right so I started again with shiny blue, chemical-filled goop and over-priced, multi-blade face-shredder.

Oh, and Le Labo Patchouli 24 (my new second favourite)

Job's a good 'un.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Bill Simpson, with Paua Abalone in bas
Razor: Samson by Thiers/David Issard + no name single ring look alike DE (for head)
Soap: Provence Santé
AS: Proraso on face and Blue Foild (Italian) on head
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

This blade is sharp, very sharp :). It was honed by Thiers and I know some people had problems with how they hone, but this was very nice considering it wasn´t a honemeister who had honed her. A tad bit to crispy sharp for me, but I knew it beforehand and I tried to adjust to it and got an excellent shave :D
014800x598.jpg

Razor: modern(istic) Dovo stainless 6/8. Very sharp and hollow, great shave - my only other stainless is a Friodur and I can't get used to it (?)
Soap: GFT
Brush: Shavemac DO1
AS: L'Oreal balm
Strop: Neil Miller buffalo

2cy4e1f.jpg

Saturday 06-25-11. MUSIC: David Bowie_LP_Hunky Dory

david-bowie_hunky-dory_2156-2.jpg

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Rooney 1/3 silvertip - Merkur 25C - Israeli Personna #3 - Pre JASÖN - Gibbs Nº 53 shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Truefitt & Hill - ASL Stetson Fresh.

Afeitado25-06-11.jpg

Razor:Lécollier à Nogent 6/8 wedge
Strop: Pressed wool+latigo (25/50)
Brush:Plisson #10 blaireau noir
lather:Plisson Bol à raser
AS: Martin de Candre "huile de camomille"
EdT:Comptoir Sud Pacifique, Aqua Motu
Comments:The hot towel is the best preshave that I can know, no other product can beat it. The Lécollier has easyly shaved among the thick lather of the Plisson team. For the summer, an oil as aftershave could be too grasy, but this light oil of Martin de Candre applied in a very small quantity is very good. Enjoy the Saturday chaps.
Picture:
P6253773.jpg

This is my first go at this, so please excuse the rather lame photo.

Trumpers Cocunut Shaving Soap
Trumpers Limes Skin Food (Head)
D R Harris Arlington Aftershave Milk (Face)

safetyrazors.co.uk own brand HD handle with Merkur head (Head)
Merkur 33c (Face)
Edwin Jagger Black Badger shaving brush

sotd004.jpg

Saturday

Milk Churn
Mama Bears Turkish Mocca
Gem Micromatic
Gem Single Edge Blade
Myrsol Emulsion
Czech & Speake Mimosa

I decided to try the Gem for a change, lovely smooth shave, also that somewhat satisfying noise the Single Edge makes. Love the Myrsol and Turkish Mocca. The Mimosa was in a sample pack, I like it but wouldn't buy it, if you know what I mean.

Saturday Morning

MWF and hot sponge prep
Merkur 38C
Derby Extra (3rd use)
Semogue 1305 - 3rd use
MWF
Alum (quite a bit of it!)
Trumpers Lime Skin Food
Prof Blighty Coconut AS

One of my worst shaves today. Quite a bad cut by my nose and a few weepers around the jawline. A 3rd go on a Derby is definitely pushing it for me but I think the biggest factor today was the 3rd use of the 1305.

It simply hasn't broken in yet and will, I guess, take quite a bit of breaking in. The MWF defeated it easily whereas the Vulfix produces tons of lather. Still I will persevere given all the good things I have heard about the 1305.

RE: Shave of the day W/C Saturday 25 June

Saturday afternoon:

Muhle R89
Personna Red (2)
Edwin Jagger Best Badger Brush
Proraso White
Nivea ASB

Preparation:

Hot water applied using the brush.

Shave:

Only two downward passes wtg with just a small touch up on upper chin.

Finish:

Lots of cold water, again applied using the brush.

Nivea ASB applied

Fabulous shave with zero irritation and not a single cut.

Best shave so far.

29112010533.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom