Edwin Jagger Best Badger Brush
Proraso (White) Soap
Nivea ASB

Preparation:
Hot water applied using the brush.

Shave:
Only two downward passes WTG.

Finish:
Lots of cold water, again applied using the brush.
Nivea ASB applied

Fabulous, just fabulous.

20110417.JPG

Mr Foo said:
Wednesday 29th am:

Merkur 34G HD
Red Personna (1)
Edwin Jagger Best Badger Brush
Proraso (White) Soap
Nivea ASB

Preparation:
Hot water applied using the brush.

Shave:
Only two downward passes WTG.

Finish:
Lots of cold water, again applied using the brush.
Nivea ASB applied

Fabulous, just fabulous.

Umm, I don't like to point this out, but your photograph doesn't actually match your SOTD. I know there are not rules regarding that, and it is a nice picture, but I thought the idea was.....

Ian

Wednesday

Merkur 33G
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Castle Forbes Lavender Shaving Cream
Clinique Post Shave Soother

..and very nice it was too.

Ian

EJDE89
Gillette 7 O Clock Yellow (2)
Vulfix Mix
Erasmic
L'Oreal Post Shave Balm
Jovan

Very nice, Mrs Force was even complimentary about the Jovan this morning

Did morning from Canary Wharf. Beautiful shave for a beautiful day! Getting a bit of a tan and a caffeine hit before a wonderful meeting.

Merkur DE, Sainsbury's blade, good quality, don't know if they still stock them, says made in the USA on them.

Provence Sante soap and a change from L' oreal today for Nivea for men ASB and Bulldog moisturiser. The L'oreal certainly is a one stop shop post shave for me, but I can't get enough of the laying smell of Bulldog.

Wednesday

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Chubby 2
Razor: Wade and Butcher, for barbers use
Cream: TOBS Lemon and Lime
AS: Aqua Vera, vintage Swedish "shaving water"
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Catfishbelly clean :D

Wow, I got this baby back from Neil today and it´s one smooth operator! At first I didn´t think it was that sharp enough (I was careful when using, as I allways are when shaving with a freshly honed Miller blade), but after I stropped I wanted to check with a HHT and it was easly sharp enough :D. I found the AS yesterday in an antique shop and it smells lovely and the amber coulor is excellent + it was like skin food for a hungry face when I put it on :D
008800x527.jpg

RE: Wednesday

Mikael said:
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Chubby 2
Razor: Wade and Butcher, for barbers use
Cream: TOBS Lemon and Lime
AS: Aqua Vera, vintage Swedish "shaving water"
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Catfishbelly clean :D

Wow, I got this baby back from Neil today and it´s one smooth operator! At first I didn´t think it was that sharp enough (I was careful when using, as I allways are when shaving with a freshly honed Miller blade), but after I stropped I wanted to check with a HHT and it was easly sharp enough :D. I found the AS yesterday in an antique shop and it smells lovely and the amber coulor is excellent + it was like skin food for a hungry face when I put it on :D
008800x527.jpg

The AS looks exactly like the one they have in ICA, except for the cap.

/Max

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
bar handle-Stahly frankenrazor/Iridium
J. Peterman 1903 SC
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
TGQ 'Leatherneck' extrait

Been a while since last using this shaving cream. Very easy to lather and nice scent.

BBS results,

Martin

Mikael said:

Two points:

(a) do all W&Bs have no jings on top and bottom of the tang? or is this just my extrapolation after seeing this one today (in Mikael's shot) and knowing from the couple of W&Bs I have (who happen to be the same, i.e. w/o jings)?

(b) +1 on the comment re a freshly honed Miller blade, very very sharp indeed, or lethally sharp if you prefer...

Wednesday

Muhle R41/ Yellow 7 O'Clock (4)
Shavemac Silvertip
La Toja stick

The scent of the La Toja is by far the nicest of any 'budget' soap I've used. Post shave, it leaves the skin feeling soft and supple. On the downside I had a couple of tiny patches of irritation. Overall, as good a veg oil based soap as I have experienced so far, but not quite the slickness/protection I've become used to from my favourite soaps (Tabac/Speik)

N_Architect said:
(a) do all W&Bs have no jings on top and bottom of the tang? or is this just my extrapolation after seeing this one today (in Mikael's shot) and knowing from the couple of W&Bs I have (who happen to be the same, i.e. w/o jings)?

(b) +1 on the comment re a freshly honed Miller blade, very very sharp indeed, or lethally sharp if you prefer...

a) if you mean ribbes/knurleds in the metal, that prevents the fingers from slipping, you´re right. It´s not very common on W&B:s. But there´s an uppoint with that = not so much gunk get cought there :D

b) For me Neil is the best honemeister out there and I prefer/love his edges. Only one has come close to his standards in my book and it´s Sham in USA (active on SRP). Our Andy´s good too, but I don´t have extensive experience with his work. I´ve got some experience from different guys. I would guess Tom (jendeindustries) here is very good too by now. Anyhow, Neil can do your edge any way you like it - if you think his edges are to sharp you can ask him to finish on a coticule instead and it´ll be smoother.

Max: No shit, I´ve got look into that. Are you sure? Wwith this kind of amber coulor??? :icon_lol:

IanM said:

Umm, I don't like to point this out
, but your photograph doesn't actually match your SOTD. I know there are not rules regarding that, and it is a nice picture, but I thought the idea was.....
Ian

Nevertheless you still felt the need to .................

A simple pm would have sufficed and would have been far more courteous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom