Monday

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest, Tubby 2 in two band
Razor: Friodur
Soaps: La Toja + Mama Bear unscented
AS: Alcolado
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Ahhhlcolado´s so nice and fresh in the summer, it has been a year since last I used it. Lather was splendid, not that La Toja needs anything extra to be a great soap but Mama B added some chunk to the mix.
010800x690.jpg

Monday am at the Radisson Blu Espoo in Helsinki:

EJ DE87 with Gillette Platinum (Malta)
Speick shave cream sample with The Art of Shaving Silvertip travel brush
L'Occitanne Cade after shave balm sample
Davidoff Hot EdT sample

Pretty nice overall, two quick passes, once again amazing how the skin is well conditioned after the previous straight shave.
The EJ feels uninspiring and a tad heavy after using the light Heljestrand last time and the Speick shave cream smells very nice.
The L'Occitanne Cade balm sample is pretty good, a small quantity will do a great job.

Monday 06-27-11.

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Rooney 1/3 silvertip - Edwin Jagger DE89L - Shark Super Stainless #2 - Pre JASÖN - Calani Cadre Noir shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1 - ASL Honeybee Gardens Bay Rum.

Afeitado27-06-11003.jpg

Hot flannel prep
Feather AS-D1
Feather blade (1)
NF Tubby 1
Martin de Candre

First shave with the Feather AS-D1 razor, nice smooth shave, can't wait to use it again.:icon_smile:

MONDAY Shave (No smilie!)
Razor: Gillette (U.S) Ball End
Blade: 7 o'clock (Green)
Brush: Simpson Colonel X2L
Soap: Erasmic Cream
A/S: Barbershop Bay Rum

Monday

Merkur 33G
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Irish Moss (Irisch Moos) Stick
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Used a Tabac stick on holiday, and had forgotten how good they are. The IM stick is, of course, the same as Tabac but with a different scent.

Ian

Not posted in here in ages!

Monday morning:

TOBS lavender cream
Edwin Jagger black badger
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette superthin (2)
Ogalalla bay rum limes and peppercorns

Face lathered, 2 day growth, nice result.

Hot shower
New Forest Tubby 2
GFT almond cream, face lathered
Feather Portable
Boots blade (4)
KoS balm

Four passes plus neck touch-up, billiard-ball, one small weeper. There might be one more shave in this blade; I'll see if I feel lucky tomorrow.

Razor Vintage Iron Duke
Simpsons Chubby 2
Vulfix Persian musk
Alum Block
L'Occitane Bavx balm + Propolis
L'Occitane Bavx EDT

First attemp at using a straight razor fairly confident leading up to the shave, I would say technically more difficult than I imagined, but the Iron Duke deserved a run out after the beautiful restoration carried out by Neil Miller, anyway on to the shave I would say 70% of the shave was with the Iron Duke, with the grain on the cheeks down both sides of neck fairly close, no nicks or cuts, then minor finish with the Feather AS-D1, i'm not sure if I could become a straight razor user, but maybe once a month as a variety shave.

Jamie.

TheIronDuke002.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom