Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday

MWF wash
40s SS & Astra SP (1)
Palmolive & Commodore
Alum
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

Ah... first shave with an Astra for about 6 weeks, a champion of blades.

If i only had one piece of buying advice to give i would say (sliced up) Palmolive sticks, for the money they are the best thing since, well, sliced palmolive sticks actually :?

Lilac Vegetal got it's first outing today, the wife came down stairs this morning (it's her day off but she's waiting for an Amazon Kindle in the post), she walkied in the living room and said what smells like a urinal cake ,so if you too wondered what it smelled of - now you know :oops: :D

Same as yesterday (EJ87, NF2201, Zorrik blade, T&H pre-shave, T&H West Indian Limes cream) with a couple of changes - Super Iridium blade, no pre-shave.

Much better - closer, with no irritation, so it could be a problem with the Zorrik blade.

EJDE89L + Feathers (11)
Beejay silvertip + TOBS Avocado
Blue Stratos a/s

While I couldn't discern a sharpness difference to the Feathers, it is lasting longer than any blade I've tried so far. Eleven 2-3 pass shaves, every one easy shaving, no pulling and without incident. (With other blades I've got between 5 and 8 shaves.)

Thursday

Futur (2.5)
Astra Plat (1)
Mühle Pure
VDH Deluxe
SWK Scuttle
Alum
Tabac AS.

I may have gone at it too enthusiastically this morning as i managed to give myself a few nicks!
This was my 1st badger brush when i converted to DE shaving. Whilst i could tell the difference between it as the WS boar, and loved it then, now with more experience of other brushes, this is a truly floppy one! Not bad for creams i guess but i certainly prefer my other brushes.

Thursday

Merkur 38C
NOS V3 Gillette Super Silver (2)
Omega 80056
MWF
Nivea Anti-Irritation ASB
Regatta Spice Scent AS

HD+SS=BBS, nice. The Nivea ASB I found in an old rucksack [must have got it at a motorshow], its freebie size and the ASB is blue??, still its very pleasant, The Regatta [flag & sail etc] is a nice Old Spice original [Shulton] knock off and smells wonderful, all in all a wonderful shave today. Got a packet of NOS F4, and T2 Super Silver Platinums made in England to try next :shave .

TTFN

Tony

moodymick said:
Lilac Vegetal got it's first outing today, the wife came down stairs this morning (it's her day off but she's waiting for an Amazon Kindle in the post), she walkied in the living room and said what smells like a urinal cake ,so if you too wondered what it smelled of - now you know :oops: :D

Now then. If my missus said anything smelled of urinal cakes I'd be less worried about the smell than the fact she knows what a Gents' toilet smells like.

Cat p*ss I can accept.

Thursday

Merkur 15c
Crystal (2)
GFT Pure Badger Brush
Penhaligon's Opus 1870 cream
Alum
Coral Skin food (pre and post)
moisturiser

I had loads of lather today, so rather than waste it, I had an approx 25 pass shave. BBS (mostly). I expected the alum would sting after that; nothing.

Thursday
Hot towel
Unknown Bristle/Body Shop Macca root ( I keep coming back to this,,its so nice) :)
EJ DE87/Feather (my second only Feather!! First, several months ago, was a bad experience. This one was very very nice :eek:
Alum
L'occitaine Cade ASB
Regards, beejay

Thursday

Merkur HD
Wilkinson Sword Indian (1)
Thrumpers Almond
EJ BBB
Boots Witch Hazel
Old Spice Whitewater AS

Really though i was heading for a massive fail, after shaving my face was in bits really spotty and painful, then I applied the Old Spice and my that hurt, following that about 10 minutes later my face settled down into quite an acceptable shave with just a slight spotty neck.

Thursday, 08-26-10.

Soap from Marsella - Semogue 830 - Gillette The New - Treet carbon steeel #3 - Pre Proraso - Godrej shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Physical + ASB Weleda.

Afeitado26-08-10003.jpg

Tuesday

EJ Chatsworth
Bleue Extra (2)
Duke 3 Best
Speick Stick (grated)
Speick AS

Wednesday

EJ Chatsworth
Bleue Extra (3)
Duke 3 Best
Speick Stick (grated)
Speick AS

Thursday

EJ Chatsworth
Bleue Extra (4)
Duke 3 Best
Speick Stick (grated)
Speick AS

Mmm, Speick weeks, rarely rivalled.

These Gillette Bleue Extras are a very nice blade, nice n’ smooth and seem to hold their edge well.

What with all this chat about shaving sticks that cost a few pence and razors and brushes under a tenner I thought I'd bring an A team out today. So it's:

Simpsons Astor the 90th Anniversary LE
Martin de Candre
Floris Balm and EDT
Jagger Chatsworth extra heavy
And a Swede (thanks antdad)

Were they all worth it? Of course not - complete waste of money.
Did I enjoy the shave? Absolute bliss!

8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom