Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 21st Aug 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
RedNeckRash said:
All these ingredients seem to work well for me.
I had a very minor nick to the chin when shaving over a previous wound from last week :roll: Hence the osma block.
I still havnt the courage to go ATG on the lower part of my neck, im not ready for the old burn to come back :|
[

I have areas I don't go ATG with as I'll just end up turning lather pink.

Viernes:
Jabon Kent/Semogue 1550 brocha/Merkur HD con Astra/Every Man Jack Gel AS
P1090758.jpg

Men-Ü Sintetico : Gillette Superspeed+Feather : Men-Ü SC : Myrsol K ASL : Men-Ü ASB

P8271421.jpg

My SOTD camera, an Olympus e-p1 with a Rokkor 50mm f1.7 manual focus

DSCF1849.jpg

DSCF1845.jpg

Pamplona, at Night,

P8271425.jpg

Long hot shower
Pre/Post Proraso
Semogue 830
Proraso cream
Steve Woodhead mega scuttle
Pal Golden Injecto-matic razor
Personna PTFE coated stainless injector blades
Proraso AS
Pre/Post Proraso

The mother-in-law is staying with us tonight, prior to my wife taking her to see a show tomorrow as a birthday present, so I thought I'd make myself scarce for an hour whilst they watched The Duchess on bluray (not my cup of tea).
Decided to go for my first ever shave with an injector and thought I best make sure that my prep was up to scratch and use the things I'm most familiar with, so the above stuff was chosen.
The razor was picked up from ebay a few months ago and hadn't been used as it still had the blank blade in. I decided to use new blades picked up from Connaught rather than the cartridge that was with the razor as I wasn't sure whether they'd be okay or not.
The shave itself was very nice, got to grips with the razor okay. Found it easier going on my neck with the injector than with my normal DE, maybe to do with the way the razor handle is angled.
Ended up with a pretty decent shave, only did two passes WTG as I didn't want to push it with a new razor, one tiny nick on my chin and no razor burn or post shave irritation.
I can see myself really growing to like injectors and I'm going to give it an extended run out for the next week now and see how it goes.

Did Not Shave of The Day W/C Sun 22nd August

Razor: Rolls Razor
Brush: Vie-Long 13052
Cream: C.O.Bigelow
ASB: C.O.Bigelow Black Elixir
Cologne: C.O.Bigelow Black Elixir

SPM_A2757.jpg

Did something a little different from before. I realized I may be soaking it longer than necessary ( not longer than any of my brushes ). But due to Vie-Long's treatment these brushes are softer than any brushes out-of-box. As such I decided to cut down the pre-soak.

Shake 3x. 1 min 40. 5 Pass. Pre-soak 1 min. Rework 1st. Thin third. Spine better than before-not as mop-like. Shed once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom