Not open for further replies.
Friday

Merkur HD
Wilkinson Sword Indian (2)
EJ BBB
Thrumpers almond (really like this)
Witch Hazel
OS Whitewater AS

Not the best shave again, I really like DE shaving because its a very smooth shave, but this stands for nothing if your neck looks like a plucked chicken! so i'm going to be giving my old cart razor (king of shaves azor) a whirl next week to compare, if i go back at least ive discovered much better creams and the badger!

Ids said:
Friday

Merkur HD
EJ BBB
Witch Hazel
OS Whitewater AS

Not the best shave again, I really like DE shaving because its a very smooth shave, but this stands for nothing if your neck looks like a plucked chicken! so i'm going to be giving my old cart razor (king of shaves azor) a whirl next week to compare, if i go back at least ive discovered much better creams and the badger!

Give it some more time, it´ll get better. I promise. Presure is a big isue, if feather light presure + right angles + a couple of passes (and you have to find the blades that works best for you) = super smooth and problem free shaves.

Hot towel
Truefitt & Hill pre-shave oil
New Forest 2201
EJ DE87 with a Super Iridium blade
Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes cream
Pecksniffs Citrus ASB
Pecksniffs Citrus cologne
Stypic pencil :(

Apart from a couple of small divots under my nose, a smooth and comfortable shave. I'm contemplating the purchase of some T&H Ultimate Comfort ASB, so I can have a complete shave in Ultimate Comfort. Which would be nice.

Have a good weekend, chaps.

Regards

Ian

Friday:
Hot towel
Ever Reday 12a/Body shop Macca Root
EJ DE87/Feather (2)
Alum
Porters Hired Hand.
All good stuff resulting in a no fuss DFS :)
regards, beejay

Mikael said:
Ids said:
Friday

Merkur HD
EJ BBB
Witch Hazel
OS Whitewater AS

Give it some more time, it´ll get better. I promise. Presure is a big isue, if feather light presure + right angles + a couple of passes (and you have to find the blades that works best for you) = super smooth and problem free shaves.

I used one of those Indian Wilkinson blades too once - and only once. Left me feeling like a plucked chicken too. Awful thing.

As Mikael says stick at it with zero pressure and a good smooth blade such as a Crystal or a Red Personna. It will just click, it really will.

:)

Ids, they're right. Be a little more patient, it'll click eventually. Map your face, you may be going ATG down there all the time w/o knowing, this is very important along with pressure.

Dave, thanks for the point on the C&E soap, I was planning to order a Nomad (I have the shaving cream and it's really nice).

Had my best shave yet today after taking a lot of advise from you guys.
Hot shower
Hot towel
Trumpers lime skin food (pre) Very kindly received from JohnnyO Many thanks
Palmolive cream NF2201
38R red personna(1)
Block osma
Trumpers skin food (post)

What an amazing shave. Very very close, eels like i wont have to shave for a fortnight. Zero burn or nicks or anything. I dont know what to put it down to and i took advice and changed a few things. Palmolive soap, skin food and back to the personna. This will now be my standard for a while to get technique down. Then i will only change one thing at a time.
Many thanks again for the advice.
It was even good therapy for a hangover. :D

heroblob said:
Had my best shave yet today after taking a lot of advise from you guys.
Hot shower
Hot towel
Trumpers lime skin food (pre) Very kindly received from JohnnyO Many thanks
Palmolive cream NF2201
38R red personna(1)
Block osma
Trumpers skin food (post)

What an amazing shave. Very very close, eels like i wont have to shave for a fortnight. Zero burn or nicks or anything. I dont know what to put it down to and i took advice and changed a few things. Palmolive soap, skin food and back to the personna. This will now be my standard for a while to get technique down. Then i will only change one thing at a time.

Did you find that using the Thrumpers skin food as preshave helped? i've been recommend trying the proraso pre shave but I really dont like menthol nither does my face.

Friday

Merkur 15c
Crystal (3)
GFT Pure Badger Brush
BlueBeards Revenge cream
Alum
Coral Skin Food (pre and Post)
Moisturiser

A smooth shave, but not a comfortable one. Some redness of the neck, which went down after an hour and the Alum stung.

heroblob said:

Excellent news, IME the key is good prep hot shower or towel (or both) I had some crap shaves while camping the showers were a trickle not really viable to have a hot towel.

Friday

Treet Starline
NOS V3 Gillette Super Silver (3)
Kent VS30
Arko SS
One Planet ASB
One Plant Forest Rain AS

Dug another razor out I haven't used for a while, the Starline, got a nice shave with the GSS.

TTFN

Tony

Friday Afternoon.

Hot shower
R89 Razor
Personna red blade
Proraso preshave
Mama bear's Brute soap
Omega 10005 brush
Proraso pre/postshave
Proraso A/S
Body Shop macca root moituriser.
Rub of the Osma Block. :x

All these ingredients seem to work well for me.
I had a very minor nick to the chin when shaving over a previous wound from last week :roll: Hence the osma block.
I still havnt the courage to go ATG on the lower part of my neck, im not ready for the old burn to come back :|
monday001.jpg

Ids said:
Did you find that using the Thrumpers skin food as preshave helped? i've been recommend trying the proraso pre shave but I really dont like menthol nither does my face.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.connaughtshaving.com/prosens.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.connaughtshaving.com/prosens.html</a><!-- m -->

might be worth a stab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom