Strop: Neil Miller
Result: Mr Clean

Tons of nice slippery lather with nannys soap and the New Forest :shave
47594d1282379113-sotd-sun-august-15th-sat-august-21st-snb13186.jpg

Neocaligatio custom boar brush
Mitchell's Wool Fat soap
Edwin Jagger DE89L razor
Holland & Barrett Aloe Vera gel as a moisturiser

I've been using this Aloe Vera gel this week since I found it in the cupboard. Would normally use an aftershave but thought I'd give it a try and it feels good, is absorbed well and my skin feels smooth and tight afterwards. Well worth a try. Now off to mow the lawn then visit the zoo. Neither are euphemisms.

Saturday

Ball End Tech
Wilkinson Sword blade (3)
Neo Finest 2-Band
Mama Bear's Carribean
SWK Scuttle
Alum
Floid AS.

2 weeks tomorrow until Mrs AJP's due date! Had some people round last night which was nice, though almost dry as they are in the same boat as us. Neither of us gents fancies being over the limit to drive and then having the relative wives go into labour :D I think that it probably wouldn't go down too well, especially as the hospital we are supposed to be using is a good 40 minutes drive away.

Saturday Morning:

What's with this morning lark?
If I don't watch out, my SotD post could end up on the first page of a new week some day!
  • Anyways, eh, on with the shave...[/list:u]
      • - Pre: shower ending with cold, and then Peach Thayers'
        - Proraso Regular shave cream
        - Cobalt Blue custom superBadger, by beejay's LeTuft
        - 1962 (H3) Gillette Adjustable 'SlimLad' set at '5'
        - Lion Super Stainless
        - Thayers' Lemon Witch Hazel
        - Alocolado Glacial AS, "The airconditioner in a bottle"[/list:u][/list:u]
        • Built beaufitully on yesterday's near BBS shave, and I think that today, I have hit the apex of smoothness in my shaving experience, so far.[/list:u]

... and now, off to the Walk-in Clinic for diagnosis & treatment of yet another (possible) leg infection. Nice way to round off a week's worth of 'meh'; domestic tension, physical discomfort, and post-dentist oral pain.
          • WARNING! sarcasm WARNING! sarcasm WARNING! sarcasm WARNING! -->
            • Good thing it was one of my annual leave weeks, and none of this real-life-shite could ruin my workweek ... [/list:u][/list:u]

Saturday

Mühle R89
Israeli (1)
Pure Badger
Penhaligon's Opus 1870 cream
Alum
Coral Skin Food
Moisturiser

Also washed my face before have with Kiehl's centella Skin-Claming Facial Cleanser (its for dry and sensitive skin, mine is dry). Seemed to do a good job and the shave felt really nice. Result BBS/DFS.

Saturday:

Hot towel
Polaar pre-shave gel (free sample from Nkd Man)
Truefitt and Hill West Indian Limes cream
New Forest brush
Edwin Jagger DE87
Derby blade
Pecksniffs Citrus ASB
Pecksniffs Citrus cologne

First shave with my new EJ razor, and a very comfortable and smooth result. Having become used to my Merkur Futur, the EJ is much lighter and with a shorter handle, but very easy to use. Just one small nick on my chin, but that's about the only injury in the last three days.

Saturday

ESPA mud as pre during shower

Gillette FT Rocket : Astra Superior Platinum (#3)

Omega 31064 : The Body Shop Macca Root

La Toja after shave lotion : Svoboda Vit. F after shave cream

The Body Shop shaving cream continues to impress, while using the FT Rocket for the first time makes me realize the +ve difference in shaving with vintage razors.
Not happy with the ESPA mud as pre, neck irritation came back, still giving it a couple of chances before I switch back to my white Proraso pre/post.
The benefit of trying so many different products is that you should eventually get down to those that fit you so well. The La Toja after shave lotion is one of them for me.
First try on the Svoboda after shave cream today; it's good. Was told by a local fellow TSR member that it's "like a very good medicine for your skin".

Enjoy the weekend, chaps.

IMG_1038.jpg

Saturday

Merkur 38C
Gillette Platnium (6)
Kent VS30
Tabac Soap
One Planet ASB
Brut AS

Six shaves on the Plat and its still going strong, a DFS with no problems, nice.

TTFN

Tony

Saturday, 08-21-10.

Soap from Marsella - Rooney 1/3 Silvertip - Gillette The New ball ended - Treet carbon steel #1 - Pre Proraso - MWF shaving soap - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Physical + ASB Institut Karité.

Afeitado21-08-10.jpg

I think you must see the best leather I have done with th MWF, creamy and very moisturizing, a winner. :hungrig

Afeitado21-08-10_espuma.jpg

This is my set up for tonights shave (Saturday)
satshave001.jpg

Hot Towel for 3 minutes or so, also using the Muehle R89 razor.
Very nice comfortable shave, no nicks and no burn (yet).
2 passes with a little touch up in a couple of spots.
This was the 3rd shave with the Personna blade, I really like these blades!
I decided to use the Dr Harris soap, ive been using cream mostly, the soap is good but a bit more hard work involved to get a really good thick lather. I lathered in a bowl instead of the face and had to keep adding water to get a decent job, for my second pass I hadto rub the brush back into the soap bowl and back to my mixing bowl adding small drops of water until I had the perfect consistancy, I shall probably stick to creams and use this Dr Harris almond soap very occasionally!
Good shave :shave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom